Portable MP3/WMA player
Item # 133SVMP30 | MFR # SV-MP30
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Panasonic SV-MP30 by Crutchfield's Melanie Seibert
Want to wear 8 hours of music? You can, with the SV-MP30! Its slight frame houses more memory than you'd think it could 256MB, to be exact. Attach the player to its included neck strap, and you've got an easy way to wear your favorite tunes!
People love flash memory players like the 'MP30 because they provide totally skip-free playback of PC music. Plus, with this player, it's simple to transfer tunes. Just use the included USB cable to connect the 'MP30 to your computer, and then drag and drop the songs you want to take with you. There's no special music management software to install!
The SV-MP30 also provides an FM tuner with 20 presets, as well as a built-in microphone for making voice recordings. You can even record from the radio: the 'MP30 captures FM audio to its embedded memory in WAV format.
- plays MP3 and WMA files
- 256MB embedded memory holds approximately:
- 8.9 hours of music at 64 Kbps
- 5.9 hours at 96 Kbps
- 4.4 hours at 128 Kbps
- other bitrates also supported
- FM tuner with 20 presets
- built-in microphone records in WAV format (256MB holds approximately 6 hours of voice recordings at High quality, 13 hours at Standard quality, or 18 hours in Long Play mode)
- records FM audio as WAV
- USB (1.1) interface (cable included)
- earbud headphones
- neck strap
- USB driver software CD-ROM (for Windows 98SE)
- random, repeat, and resume play
- 1 custom and 4 preset EQ settings
- backlit 4-line LCD display
- up to 10 hours playback with "AAA" battery (not included)
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- 1-3/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 7/8"D
- weight: 1.6 oz. with battery
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Windows® 98SE, Me, 2000 Professional, or XP Home/Professional
- USB port
- For additional requirements, see Detailed Info.
What's in the Box:
- Portable MP3/WMA player/voice recorder
- Stereo earbuds (with 49" cord on right earbud and a 39" cord on the left earbud)
- 41" USB cable with a USB-A connector on one end and a mini-USB (Version 2.0) connector on the other end
- 1 Neck lanyard
- 1 CD-ROM (USB Driver Ver.1.0 for Windows 98SE)
- Operating Instructions
- Caution sheet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The SV-MP30V is a portable MP3/WMA player/voice recorder with a built-in FM tuner. The supplied USB cable connects directly to your PC, for quick and easy transfer of MP3 or WMA files from your hard drive to the SV-MP30V's 256MB embedded flash memory. The SV-MP30V also operates as a recorder. It'll capture voice recordings and FM broadcasts in WAV format.
FM Presets: The SV-MP30V lets you store 20 of your favorite FM stations in memory.
IC Recorder Features: The built-in microphone captures voice recordings in WAV format. When recording, you can select one of the following record modes: High quality (up to 6 hours of recording time), Standard play (up to 13 hours of recording time), or Long play (up to 18 hours of recording time). During playback, you can choose one of the following playback speeds: Normal, Slow 1, or Slow 2. While listening to the FM tuner, you can simply press the record button to begin recording the broadcast.
Note: Slow 1 playback speed cannot be used with Long play mode. Slow 2 playback speed cannot be used with Standard play or Long play mode.
Play Modes: You can choose from the following play modes:
- Normal: plays all the tracks in order one time
- Repeat One: repeats one track
- Repeat All: repeats all tracks in a list
- A-B Repeat: repeats a selected portion of a track
- Random: plays tracks in a list in random order
Sound Quality Adjustments: Sound quality presets are stored into memory, allowing you to recall the best setting for different types of music. You may choose from the following presets: "Rock", "Jazz", "Classic", or "Pop". In addition to the standard presets, you can store your own bass and treble settings into memory under the "User" preset.
Erasing: You can erase a single track, a play list, or all the tracks on the SV-MP30V.
Hold Switch: A hold switch prevents accidental operation.
Backlit LCD: The SV-MP30V features a 4-line, backlit LCD. After an operation is performed, the LCD remains backlit for approximately 5 seconds.
Power Off: Power will be automatically turned off if no operation is performed for approximately 10 seconds.
Playing Time: You can enjoy up to 10 hours of playback from a single "AAA" battery (not included).
Windows 98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000 Professional, or Windows XP Home
- Note: Operation on an upgraded operating system is not guaranteed.
- Drive: CD-ROM
- USB port
Top of Unit:
- Phones: stereo minijack output
Bottom of Unit:
- USB: mini-USB port
- File Support:
- MP3: 8 kbps to 320 kbps (sampling frequency, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, or 48kHz)
- WMA: 32 kbps to 192 kbps (sampling frequency, 8 kHz to 44.1 kHz)
- Frequency Response:
- Player: 20 to 20,000 Hz (+0 dB, -6 dB)
- IC Recorder: 300 Hz to 4,300 Hz (HQ mode)
- Microphone Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 37 dB (HQ mode)
- Output: 4.5 mW + 4.5 mW
- Approximate Play Times:
- Player: 10 hours
- FM Radio: 6 hours
- Approximate Recording Times:
- IC Recorder: 15 hours (LP mode)
- FM Radio: 5 hours 30 minutes
- With Battery: 1.605 oz
- Without Battery: 1.2 oz
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.