About the JL Audio Slash v2 Series 300/4v2
Consistent power for performance you can count on
Consistent power for performance you can count on
JL Audio's Slash v2 amplifiers aren't just powerful, they're smart. As your battery voltage fluctuates while you drive, the Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply system maintains steady, consistent power at any impedance between 1.5 and 4 ohms and at any voltage between 11 and 14.4 volts. You'll get all the power, all the time, even with a wide range of speaker combinations.
Pure power for your system
The 300/4v2 4-channel amplifier puts out 75 watts RMS per channel to your system, and JL Audio's patented Class-AB amp circuitry delivers exceptional, natural sound with extremely low distortion. The cast aluminum heatsinks dissipate heat quickly, giving these amps long lifespans and reliable operation. Variable high- and low-pass filters give you precise level of control needed to maximize the performance of your speakers or subwoofers.
Minimize external noise
JL Audio amps use "differential-balanced inputs" to isolate the signal's ground from the chassis ground, reducing noise and making Slash v2 amplifiers compatible with almost any system, including most factory radios.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 1.5 to 4 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 3 to 8 ohms
- Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply system
- differential-balanced inputs
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-5000 Hz, 12 or 24 dB/octave)
- Absolute Symmetry Class-AB amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 40-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 40-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 13-7/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 10-1/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 98083
What's in the box:
JL Audio Slash v2 Series 300/4v2 owner's manual
- Four-channel full-range amplifier
- 2.5mm Hex-wrench
- Owner's Manual
JL Audio Slash v2 Series 300/4v2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JL Audio Slash v2 Series 300/4v2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||3|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1.5|
|Best Frequency Response||5-30k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.03%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||109 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-5k Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12/24 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-5k Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12/24 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||---|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Four-Channel Full-Range Amplifier: The JL Audio 300/4v2 is a class A/B four-channel, full-range amplifier that is rated at 75 Watts RMS x 4-channel in 1.5 to 4-ohm at 20 to 20kHz with a signal-to-noise-ratio of 108.5 dB and a total harmonic distortion of 0.03% while receiving 11 to 14.5 Volts. The amplifier can also be bridged to output 150 Watts RMS x 2-channel in 3 to 8-ohms.
R.I.P.S. (Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply): R.I.P.S. stands for "Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply" and is a central feature of the JL Audio's Slash v2 amplifier. The JL Audio R.I.P.S. System ensures consistent power delivery over a wide range of battery voltages and load impedances. This technology provides optimum power at any impedance level between 1.5 ohm to 4 ohm per channel and at any vehicle voltage level between 11V and 14.5V:
- Regulated Power Supply: "Regulated" means that the power supply adjusts its operation so as to maintain the amplifier's rated power output and low distortion operation over a wide range of vehicle voltages (11V-14.5 V). This allows the JL Audio Slash v2 amplifier's the rail voltage and clean power output to remain stable in real-world car-audio systems, resulting in superior fidelity and stability.
- Intelligent Power Supply: The "Intelligent" portion of the R.I.P.S. System is a circuit that actually monitors output current to optimize the amplifier's output power over a wide range of load impedances (1.5 ohm to 4 ohm per channel). The R.I.P.S. System detects the actual impedance being driven and adjusts output rail voltages to deliver optimum output. The entire process is seamless, automatic, and results in incredible dynamics for satellite channels and consistent power output for a wide range of subwoofer configurations. It also takes into account the real impedance of your car-audio system, rather than relying on often inaccurate assumptions based on a speaker's rated impedance.
Monolithic RealSink Plus Advanced Heat Management: This Slash v2 amplifier features a real cast-aluminum heat sink with vertically-oriented fins that are highly effective at dissipating heat from the amplifier via convection and radiation. The design of this heat sink is achieved through extensive finite-element analysis, resulting in an amplifier that keeps cool under the most demanding conditions. If a Slash v2 amplifier should ever reach an unsafe temperature, our unique Advanced Rollback Protection circuit also adjusts power until the amplifier cools down, without ever shutting your music down. As an added cosmetic benefit, the cast-aluminum end-caps of the Slash v2 amplifier replicate one-half of a full heat sink fin so that when two or more amplifiers are mounted end-to-end, you get a totally seamless custom look.
Absolute Symmetry A/B Circuitry: The JL Audio full-range amplifier benefits from a patented technology called Absolute Symmetry to deliver amazing fidelity with extremely low distortion over a wide range of load impedances. The JL Audio amplifier features a revolutionary Class A/B circuit that employs identical N-Channel MOSFET transistors for push and pull with true buffering from the load impedance. This is accomplished via a patented circuit that reverses the operation of one of the transistors in each pair to achieve absolute power symmetry and extremely low distortion over a wide range of load impedances.
Differential-Balance Inputs: The JL Audio amplifier features differential-balanced input architecture to effectively control noise and ensure compatibility with a wide variety of source units, including many OEM systems. Without resorting to line output converters, you can directly connect most OEM source units to the JL Audio amplifier without creating any noise or compatibility issues. Unlike conventional single-ended inputs, the differential-balanced design does not connect one side of the audio signal to chassis ground. This eliminates any voltage sensitivity between one input terminal and ground and greatly reduces the incidence of alternator whine in a typical car audio installation. The Slash v2 amplifier provides range switching on each of its inputs via the "Input Voltage" switch. This permits connection to a wide range of source voltages while retaining excellent sensitivity setting precision.
Note: You will need two speaker wire to RCA adaptors (136XDCLR2S, sold separately) to connect this amplifier to your headunit via speaker-level.
Protection Circuitry With Status Indicator Lights: There are three status indicator lights on the top of the amplifier:
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Thermal (Red): This Red LED lights to indicate that the amplifier has exceeded its safe operating temperature, putting the amplifier into a shelf-protection mode, which reduces the power output of the amplifier. The red light will shut off and the amplifier will return to normal, full-power operating mode if the heat sink temperature drops back to a safe level.
- Low Ohm (Amber): This amber LED lights to indicate that the impedance of the speaker load connected to the amplifier is lower than the optimum impedance load range for the amplifier. When this light is on, a protection circuit engages and reduces the power output of the amplifier. The amber indicator will also light when a short-circuit is detected in the speaker wiring.
Note: There is only one condition that will shut down the 300/4v2 completely and that is if the battery voltage of your vehicle drops below 10 volts.
Simplified Gain Setting: The amplifier's R.I.P.S. feature also allows for easy gain setup. Because the amplifier will always deliver the same amount of power within its operational range of impedances and supply voltages, the maximum, unclipped output is very predictable. This makes setting the gain level of the amplifier via the input sensitivity control very simple. All you need is Digital AC Voltmeter (142TK12V, sold separately) and a Test CD Disc (503CD104, sold separately) with a sine-wave test-tone recorded at 0 dB reference level in the frequency range to be amplified for that set of channels (50 Hz for subwoofer channels, 1 kHz for a midrange application).
Active Crossover: The Slash v2 amplifier provides a comprehensive crossover network to fine tune your system effectively and accurately. The variable filter design employed in the Slash v2 amplifier crossover sections allow you to seamlessly switch slopes, easily change filter frequencies and address what frequencies the preamp outputs will pass. The 300/4v2 offers the following independent crossover adjustments for the front and rear channels:
- Filter Mode: The amplifier features a Full-Range, variable Low-Pass or variable High-Pass filter mode for the amplifier's preamp input section.
- Variable Frequency: Fully-variable frequency selection from 50-500 Hz on full-range channel filters with frequency range switch in "x1" position. Selecting "x10" on the frequency range switch multiplies the filter frequency times ten to allow cutoff frequencies between 500 - 5000 Hz.
- Switchable Slope on all filters:12dB/octave Butterworth or 24dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley alignments allowing for more precise integration of subwoofer and speaker channels.
Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 8 to 4 AWG power wire.
Remote Turn-On: The Slash v2 amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 8 AWG wire.
Speaker Outputs: The 300/4v2 amplifier's eight set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire.
Preamp Inputs: The amplifier features two sets of differential-balanced RCA jack inputs. The amplifier's input level can be set independently for the front and rear channels to Low (200mV-2V RMS) when connecting the amplifier to a low-level preamp signal or set to High (800mV-8V RMS) when connecting the amplifier to a high-level speaker signal.
Note: All inputs, outputs and controls are located on the front side of the amplifier to make installation of the amplifier simple and neat.
I went thru 3 Alpine 100.4 amps before finally purchacing this one...this amp is so awesome and so well made. Def the best amp ive ever had.
Shawn from Elgin, IL