About the JL Audio XMD-USB/3.5MM-PNL
A pair of jacks
A pair of jacks
Add a handy connection point for a variety of audio devices with this panel-mount jack from JL Audio.
Designed to mount on any flat surface up to 1" thick, this jack offers two inputs: a 3.5 mm analog stereo minijack and a 9-wire USB Type A jack. The minijack cable ends in a pair of male RCA plugs, while the USB cable ends in a male USB Type A connector that's USB 2.0- and USB 3.0-compatible. You'll need an appropriate USB cable for your device, of course.
To install it, you'll need to drill a 1-1/8-inch hole, insert the jack, then tighten the plastic wing-nut on the opposite side of the mounting surface. A labeled rubber cover with a snug-fitting seal protects the front of the jack from the elements.
- panel-mount jack for 3.5 mm and USB devices
- mounts on any flat surface up to 1" thick
- watertight rubber cover
- length: 6 feet
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 90698
What's in the box:
- 6' USB/Aux extension cable (w/ a panel-mount female 3.5mm jack/female USB (type-A) port on one end and male stereo RCA jacks/male USB (type-B) connector on the other end
- Plastic wing-nut (pre-installed)
- Rubber cover (pre-installed)
JL Audio XMD-USB/3.5MM-PNL reviews
Seen it and thought what a nice unit just what I was looking for. Took it to work and showed someone and they were wow JL audio that's good stuff... Installed great and worked great until I took the usb cord back out and the metal insert came with the cord. Not happy at all!!!! A lot of work to now pull dash panel due to it's an upgraded head unit not factory just to deal with this.
Pros: Looks great
Cons: Didn't hold up at all... One use and it pulled apart. Same cord I have been using for my phone for over a year and cord didn't destroy any other plugs...
2 of 2 found this helpful
The JL audio XMD-USB/3.5mm cable was perfect for what I needed. I used it to extend the aux input and USB input over to the glove box. I chose this model because of the protective rubber boot and rubber gasket, helping keep the glove box water 'tight'.
Pros: Great JL Audio quality RCA, good water seal. Good length of cables
Cons: rubber cover is a bit difficult to snap in, but that is minor as it protects from water very well.
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio XMD-USB/3.5MM-PNL
Combo 3.5mm/USB Port for Panel-Mounting: This panel-mount combination jack facilitates the creation of a permanent connection point for a wide variety of portable audio sources (including USB-compatible digital music players, thumbdrives, and smartphones) to your amplified system.
- Minijack-to-RCA: The panel-mount jack features a female 3.5mm stereo minijack, while the cable end provides output via a pair of male RCA jacks for analog audio signals.
- USB Extension: The panel-mount jack also features a female USB (type-A) jack for connection and charging of digital devices, outputting via a male USB (type-A) connector; USB 2.0 and USB 3.0-compatible.
Mounting Options: This product is designed to be mounted to any flat surface up to 1" thick and requires a 1.125" in diameter cutout. It is tightened into place with a plastic wing-nut on the opposite side of the mounting surface.
Rubber Protective Cover: A labeled ("Audio 3.5mm-USB") rubber cover with a tight-fitting seal provides protection against the elements.
1 question already asked