About the JL Audio M880-ETXv3-CG-WH
Power and precision
Power and precision
When you're tearing a lake around at full throttle, you want powerful speakers that can be heard over wind and engine noise. But when you're relaxing at the dock, high fidelity is more important than high volume. JL Audio designed their M880-ETXv3 tower speakers to give you the best of both worlds.
Big sound and style
These massive 8.8" speakers feature oversized woofer voice coils and silk dome tweeters, so they'll give you spectacular performance, whether you're at the marina or miles offshore. Each of the injection-molded enclosures features a decorative, aluminum logo cap on the end opposite the speaker, and is designed to mate with the JL Audio clamp system (sold separately). The wire exits through the center of the mount, so it stays high, dry, and out of sight. These long-throw speakers will look great on any boat.
Made for life on the water
Tower speakers lead a rough life, so JL Audio engineered their M880-ETXv3 speakers to exceed marine industry standards for salt water, salt, fog, and ultraviolet exposure. The rugged enclosures are precision-molded from marine-grade polymer and the speaker connections are hidden safely away, so your speakers will stand up to the rigors of the marine environment. With water-resistant internal works and durable rubber surrounds, these speakers won't let a little moisture throw a wet blanket on your fun.
- 8.8" 2-way marine speakers in JL Audio tower speaker pods (pair)
- injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofers with synthetic rubber surrounds
- 1.2" silk dome tweeters
- 2-way crossovers attached to the woofer baskets
- UV- and corrosion-resistant shells, polymer baskets and grilles
- designed to work with JL Audio clamp systems (sold separately)
- power range: 50-125 watts RMS (250 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- enclosure diameter: 8.8" / 224 mm
- enclosure depth: 14.73" / 374 mm
- height (w/ mounting clamp receiver*: 9.65"/ 245 mm
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 91380
What's in the box:
- 2 Marine tower speakers
- 2 Endcaps
- 5 Crimp-connectors
- 2 Wire-ties
- Tube of Silicone
- "Warning" note
- "JL Audio" decal
JL Audio M880-ETXv3-CG-WH reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio M880-ETXv3-CG-WH
Features & specs
|Woofer Composition||Mica-filled poly|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
90.5 dB at 1 watt |
|Max RMS Power Handling||125|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||250|
Marine Tested Design: Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments). This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
Coaxial Tower Speaker: Enclosed in these injection-molded enclosures are JL Audio's M-Series 8.8" coaxial tower speakers. Specifically tuned for tower enclosure applications, these coaxial drivers deliver clean, loud audio that can be heard well beyond the boat when mounted up high. Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this system is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
- Tweeter: The 1.2" silk dome tweeter is specially designed to withstand UV and salt-spray exposure. The dome tweeter uses a neodymium magnet for higher efficiency levels and is Ferrofluid-cooled and damped for improved response and power handling capabilities.
- Woofer: The woofer consists of an injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors, synthetic rubber surrounds, and precisely engineered dust cap profiles for smooth upper-end response. The woofers also use marine-grade synthetic fiber spiders with a progressive roll design to withstand high humidity.
Polymer Enclosure: The specifically engineered, injection-molded, marine-grade polymer enclosures and grilles are corrosion and UV-resistant to protect the tower speakers from the harsh marine environment. The enclosures feature a decorative, aluminum logo cap on the end opposite the speaker, which can be oriented to match any custom mounting application.
Mounting Hardware (Sold Separately): Each enclosure is designed to mate with one of JL Audio mounting fixtures (sold separately, and available to fit a wide range of applications). These mounting fixtures are marine-grade stainless steel and will hold up to marine life. Check the accessory list for available mounting fixtures.
Note: If you need help determining the correct pipe-mounting clamp for your installation, then download JL Audio's Pipe-Mounting Clamp Ruler.
Speaker Wiring: The speaker cables exit through the center of the mounting fixtures, staying high and dry, and out of sight. The speaker cable consists of Red, Black, Green, and White wires. The Red and Black are positive and negative speaker wires. The Green and White wires are present in case you would like to add the JL Audio LED light rings (sold separately) to the front of the speakers.
Power Recommendation: For best results, JL Audio recommend powering this system with an amplifier in the 50 to 250 watt per channel range.
Installation Note: Professional installation is strongly recommended.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?