About the JL Audio VeX™ Speaker System
Get away and get loud
Get away and get loud
Adding big sound to your ATV or side-by-side doesn't necessarily mean hanging big speakers from your roll bar. If you're looking for compact speakers that can really bring the noise, JL Audio's VeX™ pod speakers might be just the thing you need.
Built tough for trail riders
VeX™ pod speakers are designed off-road use, with UV-, moisture-, and corrosion-resistant materials, treated silk dome tweeters and long-excursion 6-1/2" woofers. Each pod handles up to 60 watts RMS, guaranteeing you some serious sonic impact on the trail.
The injection-molded polymer enclosure is tough enough to take the pounding of the trail, and outdoor-grade materials ensure that your speakers will withstand broiling sunlight, high humidity, sand, mud, dirt, water, and whatever else your ride kicks up.
An ATV roll bar can be a crowded place, with lights, racks, and other accessories to contend with. These compact, powerful pods can fit right in, thanks to versatile mounting options (see below) that fit a wide range of powersports vehicles. As an added bonus, each speaker also features cool blue LED accent lighting.
Outstanding sound for the outdoors
JL Audio is all about sound, of course, and these speakers really cut through the noise and wind to bring you remarkable volume and clarity. As loud and clear as they are, though, you'll definitely want to add one of the JL Audio Stealthbox® sub enclosures developed for ATV use. With these VeX™ pod speakers and a Stealthbox, you'll be amazed at what you're hearing.
Mounting fixtures sold separately
Rugged, versatile JL Audio VeX swiveling mounting clamps (sold separately) are available to fit multiple tube diameters.
- 2-way marine/powersports pod speakers (pair)
- polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- injection-molded, UV-treated enclosure and grille
- specially treated silk dome tweeter
- UV- and corrosion-resistant polymer baskets and grilles
- frequency response: 100-25,000 Hz
- power handling: 60 watts RMS (225 watts peak)
- enclosure depth: 6-1/8"
- enclosure diameter: 7"
- mount using JL Audio's VeX swiveling fixtures (sold separately)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 91571
What's in the box:
- 2 Enclosed coaxial marine speakers (attached 10' length of 16AWG/6-conductor cable)
- JL Audio logo cap
- 2 JL Audio logo inserts
- 2 In-line fuse holders
- Two 150mA glass fuses
- 4 Fuse connectors
- Tube of silicone
- Specifications Sheet
- JL Audio sticker
JL Audio VeX™ Speaker System reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio VeX™ Speaker System
Marine Tested: JL Audio's PS650-VeX-SG-WGW-LDB enclosed speaker system is built to exceed industry standards for Salt-Fog and UV exposure. It is exposed to ultraviolet testing chambers to simulate years of sun exposure, and salt fog chambers to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments. Corrosion and UV-resistant materials are used throughout.
Enclosed Coaxial Speaker System: This enclosed speaker system includes a high-performance, marine-grade coaxial speaker with a 0.75" silk dome tweeter and a 6.5" injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone woofer housed in rugged, injection-molded enclosures to deliver clean, loud audio.
- 0.75" Tweeter: The speakers feature a 0.75" silk dome tweeter with a specially formulated treatment to withstand UV and salt-spray exposure. The dome tweeter uses a neodymium magnet for higher efficiency levels and is Ferrofluid-cooled and damped for improved response and power handling capabilities.
- 6.5" Woofer: The speaker uses a injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone woofer with UV inhibitors, synthetic rubber surrounds, and a precisely engineered dust cap profile for smooth upper-end response. The woofer also use a marine-grade synthetic fiber spider with a progressive roll design to withstand high humidity.
- Polymer Enclosure & Grille: The specifically engineered polymer enclosure & grille are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the coaxial speaker system to prevent corrosion; available in a matte black or gloss white finish.
Blue LED Illumination: Integrated into each Sport Grille's frame is an internal LED lighting assembly, meticulously designed to uniformly illuminate the woofer's cone area with a lively blue glow.
6-Conductor Cable: For convenience, 10' of JL Audio's 6-conductor (16AWG), multifunction cable is attached to each enclosed speaker system for making speaker and illumination connections.
Mounting Options: A rotating clamp receiver is included with each enclosed speaker system to mate with an appropriate stainless-steel mounting fixture (sold separately) for mounting to a roll-cage, tower or tube structure, allowing precise aiming for optimum sound. Mounting fixtures (sold separately) are available in a variety of sizes to fit a wide range of pipe diameters (see accessory list). A decorative, aluminum logo cap trims the rear of each pod, which can be oriented to match any mounting position.
Applications: The JL Audio PS650-VeX-SG-WGW-LDB is deal for powersports, marine, and off-road vehicle applications.
Power Handling: Although the PS650-VeX-SG-WGW-LDB can be used with as little as 20W per channel, JL Audio recommends powering the enclosed speaker system with an amplifier capable of 60-100W of continuous power per channel. The speaker system is rated at 4-ohm. For best results, use with a JBL marine subwoofer (sold separately).
3 questions already asked