About the JL Audio M770-CCS-SG-TB
For outstanding sound in your boat
For outstanding sound in your boat
JL Audio designed these M770-CCS-SG-TB component speakers to deliver powerful sound that'll cut through the noise when you're tearing along your favorite stretch of water. Designed to be mounted in your boat's bulkheads, these rugged speakers use marine-grade stainless steel, synthetic fibers, and UV-resistant polymer baskets to surround and protect their inner workings against humidity and salt. As an added bonus, the UV protection ensures the "Sport" grilles will look factory-fresh even after years of sun exposure.
Covering the highs and lows
The system's two 7.7" woofers deliver strong bass with stiff mica-injected polypropylene cones suspended in durable synthetic-rubber surrounds, while powerful neodymium magnets cut down on weight without affecting performance. The smooth-sounding treated silk dome tweeters disperse the high frequencies in a wide pattern for excellent stereo imaging. Surface- and flush-mount tweeter housings provide flexible mounting options, or use JL Audio's durable aluminum MTPOD-M100-CL tweeter pods for a custom installation.
High-quality crossover networks
High-quality 2-way crossover networks route the highs and lows to the appropriate drivers for a winning combination of clean sound quality and speaker efficiency. JL Audio attaches the crossovers to the woofer baskets, so you don't have to worry about where to mount them.
- 7.7" marine component speaker system includes two 7.7" woofers and two 1" tweeters
- injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- 1" treated silk dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover attached to the woofer basket
- UV- and corrosion-resistant Centrex polymer basket and titanium "Sport" grille
- tweeter hardware included for flush- and surface-mounts
- designed for free-air applications (no enclosures needed)
- power range: 40-100 watts RMS (175 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts RMS per channel
- woofer top-mount depth: 3-3/16"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 91751
What's in the box:
- 2 Marine woofers with attached titanium (gray) polymer "sport" grilles
- 2 Titanium (gray) marine tweeters with attached 32" speaker wire
- 2 Surface-mount tweeter cups
- 2 Flush-mount tweeter cups
- Twelve 1-3/8" Stainless-steel screws
- 12 Stainless-steel flat washers
- Six 3/4" Stainless steel screws
- 2 Stainless-steel tweeter mounting springs
- Two 1-1/4" Machine screws
- Two 5" Red jumper wires (attached to woofers)
- Two 5" Black jumper wires (attached to woofers)
- 6 Grille logo badges (2 Red/ 2 Black/ 2 Gray)
- Owner's manual
- Mounting template
More details on the JL Audio M770-CCS-SG-TB
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Tweeter Composition||Treated silk|
|Woofer Composition||Mica-Filled Polypropylene|
|Woofer Surround||Synthetic Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
91 dB at 1 watt |
|Frequency Response||45 - 25k Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||175|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||3 1/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||6 1/4|
Marine Tested: JL Audio's marine speakers go through ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and salt fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments) to assure you years of durability.
Woofers: The M770-CCS marine component system features 7.7" woofers, providing approximately 20% more sound radiating area than typical 6.5" designs. They also benefit from an oversized 1.25" diameter voice coil for additional power handling. The woofers feature an injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors, a synthetic rubber surround, and a precisely engineered dust cap profile for smooth upper-end response. The woofers use marine-grade synthetic fiber spiders with a progressive roll design and vented motor structures with a marine grade stainless steel rear diffuser plate.
DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. The DMA-optimized long-excursion design enhances the output, bass extension, and power handling of the speaker.
Tweeters: The 1" silk dome tweeters are treated to withstand UV and salt-spray exposure. They use oversized neodymium magnets for higher efficiency levels and are Ferrofluid-cooled and damped for improved response and power handling capability. Surface and flush mount fixtures are included.
Flush Mount Dimensions:
- Height: 0.492"
- Depth: 0.697"
- Frame Diameter: 2.382"
- Cutout Diameter: 1.855"
Surface Mount Dimensions:
- Height: 1.002"
- Frame Diameter: 2.434"
- Screw Depth: 0.542"
Crossover: The speakers utilize a true 2-way crossover network with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass circuits. The crossover network also features a polyswitch solid-state tweeter protection to help prevent tweeter failures due to abuse. The crossover is mounted directly to the polymer woofer basket, requiring no additional mounting provision.
Polymer Baskets And Grilles: The Centrex, UV-resistant polymer basket and grilles protect the component system's woofers, crossovers, motor structure and tweeters from the marine environment.