About the JL Audio HO110RG-W3v3
Advanced construction for intense sound
Advanced construction for intense sound
The "H.O." in JL Audio's H.O. Wedge enclosed subwoofer systems stands for "High Output," and that's exactly what you'll hear and feel. High Output Wedges deliver efficient, accurate bass, with better sound quality than conventional ported and bandpass boxes.
Tremendous low end
JL Audio designed the HO110RG-W3v3 enclosure as a perfect match for its powerful 10" W3v3 subwoofer so you can count on maximum performance. The woofer sits in a recessed baffle, part of a separate chamber within the enclosure, and the rear-firing slot port output combines with woofer output for efficient performance.
Hand finished for bass you can really feel
JL Audio employs advanced woodcutting machinery to fabricate these enclosures, which are finished by hand at their facility in Florida. The eye-catching solid aluminum enclosure bars complement the H.O. Wedge's automotive-grade gray carpet covering, giving your system a radical look while protecting your sub. The angled back design saves precious cargo space, while strong internal bracing and the recessed mounting baffle maintain the enclosure's integrity and protect the sub.
- ported enclosure with one 10" W3v3 subwoofer
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with gray carpet and black insert
- solid aluminum grille bars
- 2-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 150-500 watts RMS
- frequency response: 25-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- 29-1/2"W x 13-1/4"H x 12"D1 x 7-3/8"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93135
What's in the box:
- 10" woofer in a hatcback enclosure
- Warranty Information sheet
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
JL Audio HO110RG-W3v3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio HO110RG-W3v3
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Speakers Per Box||1|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||7-3/8|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||25-250 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||500|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: This H.O. (High Output) subwoofer enclosure system is designed around JL Audio's W3v3-2 subwoofer. The H.O. enclosure is properly sized and tuned to the optimum ported alignment for the mounted 10" JL Audio W3v3 2Ω woofer.
H.O. Wedge Enclosure: JL Audio's patented High Output Enclosures feature a chamber-coupled port design to minimize turbulence and maintain excellent sound quality at all listening levels. The port wall integration and internal bracing ensure structural integrity. The slot-port wraps around the inner part of the enclosure and terminates beside the woofer. This type of design provides the necessary surface area and port length to maximize the performance of the JL Audio 10" W3v3-2. The enclosure's recessed mounting baffle and aluminum bar grilles also provide protection for the woofer. The JL Audio H.O. enclosure has a pair of gold-plated 5-way binding posts on the left side of the box.
10" W3v3 Woofer:
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked