About the JL Audio HO112RG-W3v3
Powerful output, bountiful bass
Powerful output, bountiful bass
JL Audio built their High Output Enclosures to give you a great combination of high sound quality and powerful output. Engineers at JL Audio used a patented chamber-coupled port design to maximize bass production, and this unique enclosure is assembled by hand to exacting standards by the craftsmen at their Florida plant.
Tough 12" sub
The HO112RG-W3v3 is built around the 12" W3v3 subwoofer, which uses its rigid polypropylene cone to push plenty of air for some serious bass output. Extensive venting helps prevent thermal breakdown in the voice coil, so you'll get lasting, consistent performance. The enclosure is wired for 2-ohm total impedance and will handle up to 500 watts RMS.
Patented ported enclosure
JL Audio makes this enclosure from CNC-cut, industrial-grade 5/8" medium density fiberboard, covered by thick gray carpeting (the baffle is covered in black carpeting), Three aluminum bars provide protection for the driver. The patented port design wraps around the enclosure and terminates at one side of the subwoofer, coupling the port to the sub's direct output. This speaker will function with as little as 150 watts, but performs best with 300-500 watts of power.
- 12" subwoofer in ported enclosure
- 12" 12W3v3 speaker with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard sealed enclosure with carpet covering
- patented chamber-coupled port design maximizes bass performance
- maximum power handling: 500 watts RMS
- 2-ohm total impedance
- assembled in the U.S.A.
- dimensions: 32-1/4"W x 15-1/4" H x 13-1/2"D1 x 7-1/2" D2
- weight: 45-15/16 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years (limited)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93136
What's in the box:
- HO112RG-W3v3 Ported subwoofer enclosure (loaded with one 12W3v3-2 subwoofer)
- 3 Aluminum grille rods (installed)
- Specification card
- Warranty information
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
JL Audio HO112RG-W3v3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio HO112RG-W3v3
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||1|
|Woofer Material||Mineral-filled Pol|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||8-1/8|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||22-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||500|
|Maximum Wattage||Not Given|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: This H.O. (High Output) subwoofer enclosure system is designed around JL Audio's W3v3-2 subwoofer. The H.O. enclosure is properly sized and tuned to the optimum ported alignment for the mounted 12" JL Audio W3v3 2Ω woofer.
H.O. Wedge Enclosure: JL Audio's patented High Output Enclosures feature a chamber-coupled port design to minimize turbulence and maintain excellent sound quality at all listening levels. The port wall integration and internal bracing ensure structural integrity. The slot-port wraps around the inner part of the enclosure and terminates beside the woofer. This type of design provides the necessary surface area and port length to maximize the performance of the JL Audio 12" W3v3-2. The enclosure's recessed mounting baffle and aluminum bar grilles also provide protection for the woofer. The enclosure has a pair of 5-way binding posts on the left side of the box.
- Width: 32-1/4"
- Height: 15-1/4"
- At Base: 13-1/2"
- At Top: 8-1/8"
12" W3v3 Woofer:
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked