About the JL Audio CS112G-W6v3
Great bass without the loss of space
Great bass without the loss of space
It may look like something from a sci-fi movie, but JL Audio's CS112G-W6v3 12” sub enclosure is actually a design marvel. JL nestled their W6v3 12” subwoofer into a sealed enclosure that takes up less room than conventional 12" subwoofer boxes. This sub handles up to 600 watts RMS so it'll deliver that fat low end you want, while its 2-ohm impedance makes it a perfect match for a mono amplifier.
One tough sub enclosure
Pack a lot of bass into a tiny space.
While they may have cut the corners on the medium density fiberboard (MDF) enclosure, JL didn't cut corners on quality. They incorporated their V-Groove™ construction to ensure rigid box joints that won't leak air or resonate. Combined with the slim sub, this new design gives you a sturdy sub box that doesn't take all your cargo space. JL finished off this ProWedge enclosure with a tough polymer grille that protects the entire subwoofer, unique for an enclosed subwoofer design.
- sealed enclosure with one 12" W6v3 subwoofer
- medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- complete polymer grille
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 2-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 300-600 watts RMS
- 14-1/8"W x 16"H x 11-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93307
What's in the box:
- Sealed enclosure loaded with one 12W6v3-D4 12" woofer
- Warranty information
- JL Audio stickers
JL Audio CS112G-W6v3 reviews
I have been an Alpine Type R fan since release and I have now just been converted. This sub absolutely bangs. I've never seen so much flex on my interior panels while not hurting my ears. This sub stays CLEAN AF no matter the volume level. Was it worth the price tag? Definitely.
Pros: -Huge Bass -Clean Bass -Clean Looking Box
3 of 4 found this helpful
I was a kicker L7 lober until now. This is by far the cleanest bass I've ever had. Its currently in my 94 Corvette and its ridiculous! Powered by jl rd500 mono, and I'm sorry kicker it's over. Yeah its pricey but its worth it in my opinion.
Pros: Great sound, big punch all music genre
2 of 2 found this helpful
This 12" pre- built sub box by JL Audio is absolutely outstanding. It is built rock solid from 3/4" mdf and made to exact subwoofer specs which results in amazing output and sound quality. I couldn't believe the difference it made in my car, as it was replacing an already well proven sub made by Rockford fosgate. However, the rockford was in a box that I had built myself so specs for it could have been a bit off. The sub channel on an Alpine PDX-V9 is what is powering this, and according to my birth sheet, is right around 600 watts rms. I could not be happier with this purchase.
Pros: Sounds amazing, and rock solid
Cons: The only con I can think of is the JL Audio logo on one side of the box. I generally like a stealthy look, but I just turned it the other way and all is fine. I still know it's there though.
4 of 4 found this helpful
I have no doubt that this is a good quality sub but if your placement is in the trunk you will need a good amp. I used the Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D and the gain was nearly maxed out to get decent bass from being buried in the trunk of my '07 Fusion. I like to be able to remotely control the bass for SQ and had the remote maxed as well. Don't get me wrong, the sound quality is really good but with what it takes to bring it on "plane" I decided to go bigger with the 12w7AE-3 powered by an Alpine PDX-M12. I only wish to have a single sub and bass can be challenging to achieve with a trunk configuration. This is not the sub's fault but given the price point, I cannot give it 5 stars.
5 of 10 found this helpful
So here's the thing you can buy the JL W6-v3 from Crutchfield for 599 and you'll need to buy a really good box or enclosure the sound ordinance enclosures are fantastic but this sub is very picky. I have looked online for other sub woofer boxes but I'm seeing that the $50 prefabs just don't work you could have one custom-made it would take weeks to get it a cost you up over $150 for a decent box so my conclusion was to go with this item I mean really the people that designed the sub probably know what the best box is. So for an extra hundred dollars you get a box that is made with the actual subwoofer was born. It's made three-quarter inch MDF it uses a very heavy duty Speaker terminal in the rug is very high-quality, the box is very sturdy and on the very small side which will fit perfectly anywhere yes JL Audio is very pricey but you get what you pay for and when your sub woofer comes in you don't have to spend all this time mounting it, wiring it , And making sure it fits properly. You open the box and plug it in
Pros: construction of the box and the accuracy and punch of its performance
Cons: I wish I could fit two in my car
8 of 10 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio CS112G-W6v3
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||1|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||600|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Enclosure: The enclosure is sealed and houses a single 12W6v3-D4 12" dual voice coil subwoofer. The dual 4Ω voice coils are internally wired in parallel to present a 2Ω load. The MDF enclosure is finished with black automotive grade carpet. A tough polymer grille protects the subwoofer.
Terminal: The enclosure features a pair of 5-way binding posts on the back. The posts will accept pin connectors, spade connectors, single banana plugs, dual banana plugs (standard 3/4" width), and bare wire up to 10 gauge.
- Width: 14-3/8"
- Height: 16-5/16"
- Depth: 13-3/4" (including the grille, just the enclosure is approximately 13-1/4" deep)
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the 12W6v3-D4 motor remains linear over a long excursion range, and also maintains a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Pole-Vent Airflow Control (PVAC): The bullet-shaped structure inside the pole-vent directs airflow and increases air velocity to effectively reduce voice coil temperature, leading to improved fidelity and reliability.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the 12W6v3-D4 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Engineered Lead Wire System: JL Audio's engineered flying lead-wires have carefully designed entry and exit support structures molded into the terminals and the voice coil collar. They are jacketed to further reduce the likelihood of shorting and fatigue. The result is predictable high-excursion lead-wire behavior with long term reliability, and none of the compromises inherent to a woven-in lead wire system (when attached or woven into the spider material, lead-wires can alter the spider's motion, leading to asymmetrical spider behavior).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked