About the JL Audio CS112G-W6v3
Great bass without the loss of space
Great bass without the loss of space
It may look like something from a sci-fi movie, but JL Audio's CS112G-W6v3 12” sub enclosure is actually a design marvel. JL nestled their W6v3 12” subwoofer into a sealed enclosure that takes up less room than conventional 12" subwoofer boxes. This sub handles up to 600 watts RMS so it'll deliver that fat low end you want, while its 2-ohm impedance makes it a perfect match for a mono amplifier.
One tough sub enclosure
Pack a lot of bass into a tiny space.
While they may have cut the corners on the medium density fiberboard (MDF) enclosure, JL didn't cut corners on quality. They incorporated their V-Groove™ construction to ensure rigid box joints that won't leak air or resonate. Combined with the slim sub, this new design gives you a sturdy sub box that doesn't take all your cargo space. JL finished off this ProWedge enclosure with a tough polymer grille that protects the entire subwoofer, unique for an enclosed subwoofer design.
- sealed enclosure with one 12" W6v3 subwoofer
- medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- complete polymer grille
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 2-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 300-600 watts RMS
- 14-1/8"W x 16"H x 11-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93307
What's in the box:
- Sealed enclosure loaded with one 12W6v3-D4 12" woofer
- Warranty information
- JL Audio stickers
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
JL Audio CS112G-W6v3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio CS112G-W6v3
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||1|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||600|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Enclosure: The enclosure is sealed and houses a single 12W6v3-D4 12" dual voice coil subwoofer. The dual 4Ω voice coils are internally wired in parallel to present a 2Ω load. The MDF enclosure is finished with black automotive grade carpet. A tough polymer grille protects the subwoofer.
Terminal: The enclosure features a pair of 5-way binding posts on the back. The posts will accept pin connectors, spade connectors, single banana plugs, dual banana plugs (standard 3/4" width), and bare wire up to 10 gauge.
- Width: 14-3/8"
- Height: 16-5/16"
- Depth: 13-3/4" (including the grille, just the enclosure is approximately 13-1/4" deep)
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the 12W6v3-D4 motor remains linear over a long excursion range, and also maintains a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Pole-Vent Airflow Control (PVAC): The bullet-shaped structure inside the pole-vent directs airflow and increases air velocity to effectively reduce voice coil temperature, leading to improved fidelity and reliability.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the 12W6v3-D4 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Engineered Lead Wire System: JL Audio's engineered flying lead-wires have carefully designed entry and exit support structures molded into the terminals and the voice coil collar. They are jacketed to further reduce the likelihood of shorting and fatigue. The result is predictable high-excursion lead-wire behavior with long term reliability, and none of the compromises inherent to a woven-in lead wire system (when attached or woven into the spider material, lead-wires can alter the spider's motion, leading to asymmetrical spider behavior).
1 question already asked