About the JL Audio CS212G-W6v3
Great bass without the loss of space
Great bass without the loss of space
It may look like something from a sci-fi movie, but JL Audio's CS212G-W6v3 dual 12” sub enclosure is actually a design marvel. JL Audio put a W6v3 12” subwoofer into each end of a sealed enclosure that takes up much less room than conventional dual 12" subwoofer boxes. This system handles up to 1200 watts RMS so it'll deliver that fat low end you want, and it's wired to a 4-ohm load for a single amplifier channel.
JL Audio's packed two full-sized subs into a surprisingly small package.
One tough sub enclosure
While they may have cut the corners on the medium density fiberboard (MDF) enclosure, JL didn't cut corners on quality. They incorporated their V-Groove™ construction to ensure rigid box joints that won't leak air or resonate. Combined with the slim subs, this new design gives you a sturdy sub box that doesn't take all your cargo space. JL finished off this ProWedge enclosure with tough polymer grilles on each end that completely protect the subwoofers, unique for an enclosed subwoofer design.
- sealed enclosure with two 12" W6v3 subwoofers
- medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- high-impact polymer grilles
- dual 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 4-ohm impedance
- total power handling: 600-1200 watts RMS
- 14-1/8"W x 16"H x 22-12"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93309
What's in the box:
- Sealed enclosure loaded with two 12W6v3-D4 12" woofers
- Warranty information
JL Audio CS212G-W6v3 reviews
1 of 3 found this helpful
Sounds great paired with JL Slash amp 1200/1 v3. Plenty of punch to rattle the trunk with a somewhat small footprint. JL designed the box for efficiency and for my setup works perfectly without taking too much room. My only complaint is they don't make the W7 in this pro wedge enclosure.
1 of 1 found this helpful
I am for clean bass and that is what I got with this product. It is over the top in performance. I matched it to a Audison mono amp and all I can say is WOW!!
Pros: clean sharp bass what more can you ask for
4 of 4 found this helpful
This design really works, I was at Hi Tech Audio in El Cerritto Ca testing out subs and this was the obvious choice once I heard it. I have Focal 6 1/2" components front and rear hooked up to 125 watts x4 rms so I really needed some big bass to keep up with these super loud and clean mids and highs. Lows are powered from a Kicker 1200.1 monoblock which I know is not the best but it has decent power and is backed up by a farad cap and Optima a Yellow Top battery. So I tried a Alpine 15" type R which is good and loud but not as musical I'd wanted, tried 2 10" Fosgate P3 which sounded nice but not loud enough, same thing for 2 Jl12w3s, tried a Jl13w7 too but my amp and electrical could really move it, finally we through in this Jl ProWedge and woah! I knew right away!, I had to turn my gain down because this ProWedge design is efficient! The woofers push each other out so they get louder easier but the box is sealed so the bass is tight and low and accurate and punchy at the same time. I'm very happy with this and will be upgrading to a JL amp in the future just squeeze out a bit more, but even with the kicker amp this thing keeps me smiling!
Pros: Efficient, loud, low, accurate, punchy, small box
25 of 27 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio CS212G-W6v3
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||2|
|Woofer Material||Mineral-filled IMP|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||1200|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Enclosure: The enclosure is sealed and houses two 12W6v3-D4 12" dual voice coil subwoofers, mounted at opposite ends and firing in opposite directions. This opposed driver configuration effectively cancels vibration and movement of the enclosure. Each woofer's dual 4Ω voice coils are internally wired to a single terminal, presenting a 4Ω final impedance.
Terminal: The enclosure has one pair of 5-way binding posts; they will accept pin connectors, spade connectors, single banana plugs, dual banana plugs (standard 3/4" width), and bare wire up to 10 gauge.
- Width: 14-3/8"
- Height: 16-1/4"
- Depth: 26-1/4" (including the grilles)
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the 10W6v3-D4 motor remains linear over a long excursion range, and also maintains a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Pole-Vent Airflow Control (PVAC): The bullet-shaped structure inside the pole-vent directs airflow and increases air velocity to effectively reduce voice coil temperature, leading to improved fidelity and reliability.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the 10W6v3-D4 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Engineered Lead Wire System: JL Audio's engineered flying lead-wires have carefully designed entry and exit support structures molded into the terminals and the voice coil collar. They are jacketed to further reduce the likelihood of shorting and fatigue. The result is predictable high-excursion lead-wire behavior with long term reliability, and none of the compromises inherent to a woven-in lead wire system (when attached or woven into the spider material, lead-wires can alter the spider's motion, leading to asymmetrical spider behavior).
2 questions already asked