About the JL Audio CS112G-TW3
Great bass without the loss of space
Great bass without the loss of space
It may look like something from a sci-fi movie, but JL Audio's CS112G-TW3 12” sub enclosure is actually a design marvel. JL nestled their shallow TW3 12” subwoofer into a sealed enclosure that takes up less room than conventional 12" subwoofer boxes. This sub handles up to 400 watts RMS so it still delivers that fat low end you want, while its 2-ohm impedance makes it a perfect match for a mono amplifier.
Thin subwoofer + specially designed enclosure = tiny giant.
JL Audio used their extensive engineering know-how to build a super-thin subwoofer that still offers big performance, compressing the sub's motor structure without losing the extended excursion you need to deliver big bass. And for you, that means serious performance in a slender package.
One tough sub enclosure
While they may have cut the corners on the medium density fiberboard (MDF) enclosure, JL didn't cut corners on quality. They incorporated their V-Groove™ construction to ensure rigid box joints that won't leak air or resonate. Combined with the slim sub, this new design gives you a sturdy sub box that doesn't take all your cargo space. JL finished off this ProWedge enclosure with a tough polymer grille that protects the entire subwoofer, unique for an enclosed subwoofer design.
- sealed enclosure with one 12" TW3 subwoofer
- medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- complete polymer grille
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 2-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 200-400 watts RMS
- sensitivity: 84.11 dB
- 14-1/8"W x 16"H x 8-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93312
What's in the box:
- Sealed enclosure loaded with one 12TW3-D4 12" woofer
- Warranty information
JL Audio CS112G-TW3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio CS112G-TW3
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||1|
|Woofer Material||Mica-filled IMPP|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||22-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||400|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Enclosure: The enclosure is sealed and houses a single 12TW3-D4 12" dual voice coil subwoofer. The dual 4Ω voice coils are internally wired in parallel to present a 2Ω load. The MDF enclosure is finished with black automotive grade carpet. A tough polymer grille protects the subwoofer.
Terminal: The enclosure features a pair of 5-way binding posts on the back. The posts will accept pin connectors, spade connectors, single banana plugs, dual banana plugs (standard 3/4" width), and bare wire up to 10 gauge.
- Width: 14-3/8"
- Height: 16-3/8"
- Depth: 10-3/4" (including the grille, just the enclosure is approximately 10-1/4" deep)
- Thin-Line Design: JL Audio's patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the 12TW3-D4 subwoofer and allows it to deliver great bass performance in tight space applications. Central to the technology is the Concentric Tube structure that supports the oversized voice coil and the suspension attachments. This permits placing the motor structure much further forward in the speaker than conventional designs, while maintaining excellent linear excursion capability. Equally important, the 12TW3-D4 is designed for extremely small enclosure applications.
- Concentric Tube Suspension: JL Audio's patented Concentric Tube Suspension employs a molded structure which spans beyond the edge of the motor structure, supporting the spider on the outside of the motor's boundaries and the large diameter voice coil on the inside. The large voice coil permits the magnet to sit inside it, rather than surrounding the coil as is typical in most woofers. The concentric tube structure and the elimination of a conventional top-plate helps JL Audio place the motor higher up into the cone body's space to further compress depth, while still permitting excellent mechanical excursion.
- Mica-Filled Polypropylene Woofer: The subwoofer features an injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone woofer with a rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the 12TW3-D4 motor remains linear over a long excursion range, and also maintains a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.