About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 1999-07 Ford SuperDuty trucks with front 40/20/40 split bench seats. It replaces the center seat cushion of the front seat and the factory upholstery covers it. This Stealthbox® includes one down-firing 2-ohm 10" 10W1v3-2 subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
Note: This Stealthbox® enclosure will not fit in the F-150 or in models with bucket seats and a center console. And though it's a visual match, the Stealthbox® is not as comfortable to sit on as the factory seat cushion.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 2-ohm 10" 10W1v3-2 subwoofer
- replaces center seat cushion of the front seat
- power handling: 50-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94009
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- 3 Hex-head bolts (Length=1-1/2")
- 3 Aluminum spacers
- 3 Split lock washers
- 8" Strip of adhesive backed hook and loop fastener
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Amazing sound quality, and the stealth install is exactly what I needed. An added benefit of having the sub in the center is that there is also a song tactile effect that adds to the low end punch. You can definitely feel the enclosure under the factory cover, but since I seldom have any sit there, it's a non-issue.
Pros: Great sound quality invisible installation
10 of 12 found this helpful
Close to perfect fit but not exactly perfect. Be very careful with the installation. There is a section of the installation instructions that tell you to use 3 spacers. What they don't make very clear is they are different sizes. Very close however different. So when I put everything back together the arm rest was sitting crooked. Had to take everything back apart and I do mean everything! Added at least an extra hour to the installation. Not fun when you are in the driveway while it's cold and drizzling rain. I consider myself a professional with over 20 years of audio installation experience so I'm thinking if this is your first install just watch out for that. The rest of the installation was pretty simple and subwoofer sounds great. Would expect no less from JL Audio.
Pros: Sounds great and looks like it came from the factory.
Cons: Directions could be a little better. Should highlight or a least use a bold text on some of they key factors.
19 of 20 found this helpful
(2006 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel) From the start, the instructions were well put and detailed. It was very easy to retro-fit and install this sub. I mounted my amp directly below the sub which barely had enough room, but it fit. Having this close to the driver's seat allows for the full "feel" of your music. The most important sell on this is the fact that I do not have to sacrifice valuable cab space to mount a sub box and amplifier. I also wanted an original factory look so wandering eyes don't take notice to what I have. I can still have seating for 6, good BANG, and a professional look inside the cab of my rig. This eliminates the amateur look of a generic felt box and amp sliding around on the back seat of the truck or taking up the back seat... Price is a little high, but worth it because there is NO CLUTTER!!
41 of 41 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm compatibility.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: A 10" JL Audio W1v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this enclosure and features an injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with an embossed metallic JL Audio logo and a rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a long range of excursion, and also maintain a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement
Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by increasing the adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes.
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v3 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
8 questions already asked