About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2002-up Ford Explorer SUVs with 4 doors. It installs in the driver side rear cargo area. This Stealthbox® includes one 10" W3v3 subwoofer from JL Audio wired for 4 ohms impedance. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- ported fiberglass enclosure
- 10" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer
- steel-mesh grille included
- fits in driver side rear cargo area
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94031
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- Two 1/4" flat-washers
- 1/4" Hex bolt
- 1/4" hex nut
- Four 3/8" flat-washer
- Three 3/8" hex bolts
- Two 3/8" u-bolts
- 3/8" Hex nut
- Three 3/8" split-lock washer
- Two 1-1/2" studs
- Mounting U-bracket
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
After getting my JL 13.5" W6 stolen out of my car, I wanted to downsize but not lose quality. After much research I went with the JL Audio Stealth box for my 2002 Ford Explorer coupled with a PDX-M6. My result, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The sound quality and power coming from this far surpasses my expectations. Set with the right amp and acoustics you will not be let down. Now it does not pound like my previous sub woofer, but it sure does not let me down. Install was easy, did it by myself with a few handy tools. For the amount of, or lack of space it takes up couples with the sound of it, this was well worth the price. Would get one for every car If I needed to! Without a doubt, would by again.
2 of 2 found this helpful
If you're concerned about saving up the cash for this system work some overtime because IT'S WORTH IT. This box couple with a properly selected amp to put out the power it will handle at 4ohms produces spectacular sound! It hits just as hard and provides even better sound quality that my previous 2-12" subs in a bandpass box with a bigger amp. I haven't been able to get the grin off my face every time I get in my truck. I would absolutely recoment this to anyone interested. The only snag I hit was that the "U" mounting bracket was not shippped with the box, which Crutchfield did their best to remedy by sending me another one free of charge. Luckily I had a few friends who were able to fabricate one seeing that we had already taken out the back seat and torn the paneling off to do the install when we noticed it was missing. Installation was difficult and time consuming but WELL worth it in the end.
3 of 3 found this helpful
I work as a DJ and I like to preview new music in my car. I was looking for a nice sub that would provide great thump without taking up any extra space in my vehicle. After searching around and talking to some installers in the know, everything kept leading me back to this sub. The stealthbox for the 2002-2005 Explorer is a great sub/enclosure combo. The sub IS PORTED which helps it pack a bigger punch and fools you into thinking you are listening to a much bigger cabinet. (The port faces forward and isn't shown in the photos provided by Crutchfield.) I hooked it up to an Alpine mono block amp (500 watts at 4ohms). The sub handles the low frequencies effortlessly and combined with the 500 watt amp has plenty of headroom. (The rest of my speakers are powered by a 5x50 watts at 4 ohm alpine theater amp.) I Have "15 steps" of volume control on my alpine deck to adjust the sub volume to match the level of rest of the speakers and it sounds perfect (not overpowering or weak) when i set it right around +7 on a scale of 0 to +15. It matches the fit and finish of my vehicle perfectly and leaves my bed clear of clunky equipment. Simply put this sub rocks and is of the highest quality construction. I couldn't be happier with the sub. Oh by the way, if you are an Explorer owner and looking for a good place to install a 1-DIN center channel speaker just remove the vents below the stereo. My only concern is I think I may be going deaf.
16 of 16 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W3v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
1 question already asked