About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2003-up Chevrolet and GMC full-size trucks and SUVs with bucket seats and factory consoles. It installs inside the center console without affecting storage space. This Stealthbox® includes one down-firing 10", 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as very high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
Note: You'll need to remove the rear A/C ducts in truck models. This Stealthbox® enclosure will not fit the Chevrolet SSR, GMC Sierra Denali, GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Yukon XL Denali, Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Hummer H2, or Hummer H2 SUT.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 10" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer
- fits inside center console
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94033
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- Two 3/8" split lock washer
- Two 3/8" x 1-1/4" fender washer
- 2 Socket cup set screws
- 2 Hex nuts
- Two 3" x 3" wax sheets
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Great sub. Pretty dang good for its size and enclosure. However, this is NOT for the casual weekender who has never done more than pop some speakers in doors and went about their way. You're going to needs proper tools. I used the combination of a Dremel and a Dremel multi tool. You're going to end up taking the center console in and out for precise cuts. Too little and the console won't fit. Too much and your console will be ruined. This can't be done in a rush. If your by yourself and know what your doing expect 6-8 hours of work. I aged from this install. If it ever fails or blows, I'm. It going back in. I'll just throw a generic box and a sub in the back.
Pros: JL quakity
Cons: Install can be a nightmare.
0 of 0 found this helpful
As mentioned in other reviews, yes, the install isn't the easiest or fastest. Went into a 2005 Duramax LS. (Was a clothe none center console truck. Now is leather with a console ) But as both I and my friend who helped are both ex 12v industry guys it wasn't bad. Took about 3 hours with pulling seats out, console, trimming carpet, console, and dash pieces. But it was WELL worth the effort! I have it powered by a Memphis VIV 900.5 and source is a JVC KW-M855BW running 3-way active. Sounds awesome!!! Bass is loud, low, and accurate. And with it being in front of me it was super easy to dial in the time alignment to bring it even more forward and centered sounding.
Pros: Sounds amazing. Fits perfectly. Totally hidden.
Cons: Medium level difficulty installation.
0 of 0 found this helpful
JL IS A AMAZING BRAND THE PRODUCT SUPPORT THROUGH CRUTCHFIELD IS UNTOUCHABLE.
0 of 0 found this helpful
For a single sub, it sounds amazing when paired with a JL amp. I powered it with a JL audio 900/5. The negatives I had read were for the installation, but I took it to my local Best Buy (guys that I have worked with in the past and trusted). The guys had the box installed in 2.5 hours. Awesome sound and totally concealed. I don't think I could ask for more.
Pros: Crisp clear bass Concealed
Cons: Installation is difficult but with the right tools and expertise it is very doable.
9 of 10 found this helpful
I installed this in my 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD extended cab due to the space limitations. Going into it and before I purchased the box, I knew the installation would be a big job. However, the space in my vehicle is extremely limited and the time it was going to take was worth it to keep all of my space. Also, I knew that the 10 W3v3 was an amazing sub (and it really, really is amazing). One of my good friends, who used to be a professional car stereo installer, helped me with the installation. There is a lot of cutting, resizing, tough angles and steps involved in the process. The entire installation between the two of us probably took around eight (8) hours. At the end of the installation, the only item that did not completely fit back was the cup holders, which need about 1/8" more clearance to snap back into the console; but you can't even tell and there is no vibration. I also put Dynomat down where the carpet was taking out just below where the sub was downward firing. I installed a JX 500/1D to power the amp and also installed the remote bass control (RBC-1) so that I could control the bass from the front of the vehicle. First, the installation was worth it. The sub puts out SERIOUS bass, the hits are so hard and precise, and you would think there is a 12" sub in the vehicle. The bass control is an absolute must as too much bass, depending on the song, will rattle the dash. Overall, if you are a savvy installer or have help of one, go for it.
Pros: No one would ever know it was there, until you hear it!
Cons: Very difficult, tricky and time consuming installation
19 of 22 found this helpful
This box was too difficult to install by a professional dealer let alone myself. My audio dealer tried installing by following the instructions verbatim but could not get it to fit just right. On a high note the bass was amazing its just too bad it would fit. Buyer beware of the difficulty to get this stealth box installed. Great idea just poor execution.
Pros: Hides away nicely under the center console. Bass is rich and hits hard for an enclosed box.
Cons: Difficulty to install. Air ducts have to be cut and internal pieces of the center console require cutting for fitment and placing. i went with a single ported 8" JL sub and it makes a nice addition to my bose system.
15 of 16 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W3v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
6 questions already asked