About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 1998-2002 Dodge Ram trucks with front 40/20/40 split bench seats. It replaces the center seat cushion of the front seat and the factory upholstery covers it. This Stealthbox® includes one down-firing 12" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
Note: The Stealthbox® is not as comfortable to sit on as the factory seat cushion.
Note: You'll have to cover this Stealthbox® enclosure with the cover from the bottom part of the factory front center seat to achieve a perfect visual match. And although it'll look the same, the Stealthbox® is not as comfortable to sit on as the factory seat cushion. The enclosure will not fit in any new-style Dodge Ram.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 12" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer
- replaces center seat cushion of the front seat
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94087
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 12" woofer
- 8 Wafer-head screws (length=1/2")
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass a nd/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: A 12" JL Audio W3v3 2Ω subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the W3v3 motor remains linear over a long excursion range, and also maintains a stable, fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses, by increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. The VRC also has slots that force air flow directly onto the voice coil windings, reducing thermal compression effects and enhancing reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
3 questions already asked