About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2000-2007 Toyota Sequoia SUVs. It installs behind the driver side trim panel of the cargo well. A carpeted steel-mesh grille is included. This Stealthbox® includes one 10" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 10" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer
- carpeted steel-mesh grille included
- fits behind driver side factory trim panel of cargo area
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94109
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- Two 1/4" flat washers
- Two 1/4" lock washers
- 1/4" U-Nut
- Two 1/4" x 1" bolt
- 3/8" Split lock washer
- 3/8" x 1-1/4" Fender washer
- 3/8" x 2-1/4" Socket cup set-screw
- 3/8" Hex nut
- 3"x3" Wax sheet
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Easy install for beginners. It is out of the way and does not interfere with the cargo area at all. Pricey, but worth it. Sounds awesome!!
0 of 0 found this helpful
I own a 2013 Highlander LTD and was spoiled with the JBL sys. in that truck. I gave that truck to my wife & purchased 05 Sequoia but notice I didn't have the knock I was used to because it had no sub. My cousin told me about the stealthbox and I was hesitant because of the price tag but I purchased it anyway figuring I could keep my cargo space plus if you price the sub, the cost of a custom box and labor to build it $650 is the price range. Also thinking the box is built to JL specs so it's gonna have better sound quality then if you put the 10" sub in a box purchased from anyone else. So I put the sub in and holy sh*t was I impressed. It's clean, neat and loud. WORTH EVERY PENNY! Now I'm spoiled, I'd rather drive the V8 4.7L Sequoia then the V6 3.5L highlander and its all JL audio's fault. :)
Pros: Keeping all my cargo room and gaining the KNOCK a truck of that size deserves.
Cons: Instructions looked like they were xerox from a 80's printer but I was able to find the instructions on JL's website where the image's were sharper.
2 of 2 found this helpful
When in doubt, buy JL Audio!! Loyal customer of Crutchfield and JL for years, as much as I thought I knew how good it would sound when I purchased it, I am always surprised at the sound that the product delivers. A+ as usual.
2 of 2 found this helpful
It has a lot of punch for it's size. I would definitely recommend adding this to improve your audio experience.
Pros: OEM styling & Great Sound!
Cons: The installation took me a weekend to install the line out converter, amp, amp wiring kit, and sub woofer. I also ran into something mounted where the sub installs so I had to relocate that and the cover isn't an exact fit, but it's close.
1 of 2 found this helpful
I bought this Stealthbox in conjunction with the MTX TH350.1D amplifier. This is a perfect combination, supplying requisite power to the 2ohm 10" sub with awesome results. This was for my wife's '07 Sequoia so I was concerned more with the overall cosmetic look of the end product vice getting tons of bass. In the end I was pleasantly surprised by the Stealthbox 10" sub's performance. This gives her vehicle the depth of music that was missing with the four 6 1/2" speakers in the door panels, they simply could not push the low tones. Now, I can actually feel the bass and am quite pleased. I don't know the year of Sequoia 'C.Clark, Tulsa, OK' has but I had no problem with the supplied grill. It fit perfectly into my wife's Sequoia. This product gets 5 stars - solid.
Pros: Installation instructions were crude but the installation itself is relatively simple if you take the time to read the installation instructions in its entirety before starting. They caution about using a professional for installation which I agree if you're not comfortable making minor modifications to your vehicle. These modifications are very minor and are unseen once all the paneling is replaced after installation.
Cons: The only con isn't a fault of the product. This is a caution to anyone that uses this impressive product. My wife's vehicle has back-up sensors. I had to move the sensor relay box that links the 4 bumper sensors since it was glued to the floor board in the spot the Stealthbox needed to mount. This was 1 of the modifications I made to the vehicle since I had to drill holes in flanged sheet metal and bolt the relay box near it's original location so it didn't interfere with the woofer mounting
1 of 1 found this helpful
This is my 3rd vehicle outfitted by Crutchfield. Kenwood DVD/NAV powered by a Fosgate T500 amp. This enclosure rocks despite it's small size. Installation was fairly easy and my only negative is the supplied grille did not fit the interior panel, which was fine, I just re-used the factory one. In all, I'd rate the enclosure a strong 8, deducting for the grille. Whether you listen to jazz, rock or R&B, this enclosure will fill your interior with good bass without sacrificing space in the cargo area.
11 of 11 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W3v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
3 questions already asked