About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 1999-2006 Ford SuperDuty trucks with front bucket seats. It installs inside the center console and some storage space will be lost. This Stealthbox® includes one down-firing W3v3 10" 2-ohm subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
Note: You should install this Stealthbox® enclosure into the front console only. After you complete the installation, the center console will be raised about 1.5 inches off the floor. The storage space will be reduced by the presence of the speaker. This Stealthbox® will not fit in SuperDuty trucks with bench seats. The factory center console is not supplied with the Stealthbox®.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 10" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer
- fits inside center console
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94110
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box
- Two 3.8" x 1-1/2" bolts
- 2 Sheets of wax paper
- 4 Flat washers
- 4 Nuts
- 2 Felt pads
- Two 3/8" lock washers
- Two 1/2" aluminum spacers
- 4 Machine screws
- Four 1/2" sheet metal screws
- Four 1-1/4" sheet metal screws
- Metal plate
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Absolutely one of the most smartest purchases I have ever made in car audio. Construction of the box and quality of the materials surpassed my expectations. The sub itself I didn't think would be enough of a hitter, but I was really wrong! Thanks guys for loving your job and showing it in your products.
Cons: The bottom bracket bolts were just a little short for the flooring in my f250. Had to find a couple that were about an inch longer.
2 of 2 found this helpful
Good fit nice unit.
1 of 1 found this helpful
This is an amazing sounding sub in such a big truck. This is the second one I have used in an Excursion and it pumps.
3 of 3 found this helpful
Good tight bass. Completely invisible.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Cons: Needed more hardware
0 of 0 found this helpful
I have had many sound systems in many different cars over the past three decades from old school Rockford Fosgate (2 X 12" Punch Subs) to all Orion high end amps (2 x Orion NT Subs) so I know a little about good bass...I've also entered my cars in three competitions, one sponsored by JL Audio. This sub will not compare to Two high end subs (JL, RFs or Orions) but for one sub, in a small box and installed as a stealth location, it can't be beat. I have this 2 ohm sub powered by a JL Audio JX 500 and I get quite a lot of bass out of it. Looking in the Ford F-250, you cannot even tell I have an aftermarket install (with the exception of the Kenwood deck). The installation is a little tricky and not as intuitive as some of the other reviews allude to. I would however HIGHLY recommend this sub to anyone who wants a nice and clean stealth install that sounds remarkable. The sound is nice with tight bass and center console does not rattle at all. I would not store any electronics in the small space you will have left in the center console. I placed a couple screws and washers in the console during install and the JL sub magnet made them stand on end. I too have always done all of my own installations and on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most difficult I would give this an 8. I needed to remove back seat (run wires), drill hole through cab for mounting brackets, cut carpet away for new mount bracket holes and modify factory console slightly (cut some plastic)
Pros: Very nice sound with Good bass. Best bass I've probably ever heard from just one 10" sub in a small enclosure. Highly recommend this sub to anyone looking to keep their back seat. With Sub in the console it left me pleanty of room to create a nice amp rack behind rear seat in the F-250.
20 of 20 found this helpful
Had no intention of spending this much money on a sub! Can't imagine anything sounding any better though. Works great with the Sound Ordnance 1500. The fact that it only took up console room is definitely a plus.
Pros: Stealthy! But you can't hide the sound.
3 of 3 found this helpful
I previously worked at a car stereo shop locally and installed these all the time so I already knew that they sounded good to begin with. It roughly took me a hour to install this in my F250 Crew Cab. I already had a 10" in a ported box behind the backseat, but it wasn't enough for me. This addition sounds awesome, no rattles, nothing but clean smooth bass response. This was definitely worth the money, and just like the name Stealthy as well. Guaranteed to make your girl giggle! I recommend this stealthbox to any F250/F350 owner who wants more bass than what comes stock. Two thumbs up JL Audio!!
7 of 7 found this helpful
This sub enclosure works great in my Ford F-250 Super Duty. The box does not rattle even when all the settings are turned up as high as they can go. The only problem i came to when I installed it was that the front plates did not match with the stock consules so i was forced to drill two holes in the truck to get it snug. There is enough room on the top of the consules for you to store your wallet and other small items so its not completely useless. Installation took roughly six hours, but this was the first time i have done this. Also had to adjust some wires on my head unit.
7 of 7 found this helpful
This sub enclosure is Awsome!! you cant even see it and yet it shakes your seats like you wouldnt believe!! I power mine by a 500/1 and have it set for about 350rms and it hammers! for just a 10" sub it's incredible!! You wont be dissappointed. I did the install all myself and it was pretty easy. Comes with step by step instructions. Great Setup! JL will never let you down!!!
20 of 24 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W3v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked