About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2003-2006 Toyota Tundra trucks with automatic transmissions. It installs inside the center console, and some storage space will be lost. This Stealthbox® includes one down-firing W3v3 10" 2-ohm subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
Important Installation Note: This Stealthbox® enclosure will not fit in double-cab models equipped with an OEM DVD player, or in vehicles with a manual transmission. Will not fit 4-wheel drive models. You'll need to remove the 12V accessory plug if you want to install the Stealthbox® in other double-cab models.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W3v3 10" 2-ohm subwoofer
- installs inside center console
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94129
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- Three 3"x3" Wax squares
- 3 Socket cup screws (Length=2-1/4")
- 3 Split lock washers
- 3 Large flat fender washers
- 3 Small flat washers
- 3 Hex nuts
- 4 Plastic push rivets
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Amazing sound from a small box. Install is pretty easy if you follow the instructions, fits perfect on my double cab 4wd even though this site says it won't fit 4x4 trucks, it totally will.
Pros: Sound, size
1 of 1 found this helpful
This StealthBox it fantastic. Great sound but what is best is the Tundra cab has so little room for sub speakers that placing this in the center console is a must and really maximizes the space usage. Love it.
3 of 3 found this helpful
All i can say wow!!! Installation took about 3 hrs but man was it worth it... price is steep but u get what u pay for and i never liked 10s but stealth boxes are all im spending my money on from this point forward!!! Thx for amazing!
Pros: Sound! Product design fitment... everything
Cons: Instructions were a lil weird needed some common sense to make tweaks
2 of 2 found this helpful
I love this sub. Was so excited to see JL made a sub that would fit into my truck. I have always had bass in my vehicles but didn't think I could fit one in my tundra. I had a JL w6 in my last car, and it knocked! Was time consuming to install but the instructions were very detailed and made it pretty easy. I have a 4x4 tundra and you do have to watch out for the transfer case when mounting the sub, as you have to drill directly over top of it, but if you are careful you should have no problems. This sub is more than enough bass for my small cabin size and sounds great. Definely recommend!!
8 of 8 found this helpful
This sounds awesome in my truck. Im 16 years old and was able to install this with my 16 year old friend. It was a lengthy process but JL provides you with very thorough directions. I have a 400 watt kicker amp running to it and i still cannot believe i only have a 10 inch sub. i must say, IT SLAMS. Not that if you have a four wheel drive tundra, it can be a little tricky to mount because of the gear case. I accidentally driller a hole in my gear case and it began to shoot out oil. This is a problem that can very easily be resolved. Just be extra careful when drilling the front hole and you will have no problems. I suggest a friend under the vehicle while you drill to tell you when to stop. Overall, i love this product. I got way more than i expected.
Pros: Sounds good Not too over-powering Easy instillation
Cons: Lose most of your center console space
9 of 9 found this helpful
This stealthbox is crazy good! I love the way it sounds and it fits really nice in the center console. I have 300 watts RMS going to it and it sounds great! I dynamated the inside of the console and around the enclosure on the floor. I can't say enough about it . If you have this model tundra this is the only way to add some nice bass to your system. Thank you JL audio and also crutchfield for the great service.
Pros: Awesome bass and perfect fit.
6 of 6 found this helpful
When I bought my Toyota Tundra new in 2005, it was an upgrade from my old 1985 Toyota long bed. My old truck had a $2K Sony Explod with amps and 400W dual cone Orion's bolted to the back of the seat. My new truck came with the stock 20W paper speakers in the doors. I had been waiting what seemed like an eternity to purchase the 2005 Tundra JL Audio Stealth box ever since receiving a quote when I first purchased the truck. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Crutchfield not only still carried it but it was almost 1/2 the price I was originally quoted 5 years ago. When I called I found the Crutchfield sales gentleman very professional and friendly. I found the order process to be quick and painless. Although I didn't need further technical assistance the representative I talked to made sure I would have everything I needed for complete customer satisfaction before completing the order. It's refreshing to get a real live person on the phone and receive good old-fashioned quality customer service.
Pros: The JL Audio stealth box puts out solid quality bass for being just one 10" woofer. More than enough for good old classic heart thumping rock & roll.
Cons: I wish my Tundra had room somewhere to hide 1 or 2 more. The stealth box power rating is listed on more than one site as being a 500W with 1,000W peak power. I was surprised to unpack the box and find 300W RMS continuous recommendation in the instructions. This woofer's actual power range is between 100W - 1,000W and the detailed spec sheet from JL Audio indicates the real sweet spot is 300W RMS continuous. They recommend their own 250W mono amp. My 300W Rockford Fosgate works perfect.
11 of 12 found this helpful
For the longest time I have been a fan of MTX Audio. I have owned MTX subs and amps for as long as I have driven and for my latest truck I had no room to install what I had in my last one. Then I heard that JL Audio has a stealth box that fits inside my center console. At first I was sceptical about their products because of my loyalty to MTX, but after the excelent product service and information from Crutchfield I was one of the first to purchase this encloser from one of the most reputable stereo superstores in all of The United States. I bought this encloser back in November and I just received it in the mail a couple of weeks ago and I didn't have a chance to install it until last Friday. The installation was easy. Probably because I have been installing my own stereo's for over ten years. The instructions were precise and accurate. Everything that JL Audio provided came in handy as well as great quality for the install. I have to say that the amount of bass that comes out of this subwoofer is phenominal!! I have it hooked up to a MTX 801D and it rocks the heck out of my 2006 Double Cab Tundra! I liked it so much that I bought another JL 10w3v3 for a custom box that goes behind my center console. I was pleased to have made this purchase and I will entrust JL Audio for a long time to come. If I might make one suggestion though. Upon installing this encloser make sure you use some dynamat to line the inside of the console because of a potential ratal that can occur. Other then that you might want to apply some dynamat to the surrounding areas under the carpet where the encloser is mounted. Thanks, John
120 of 127 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: A 10" JL Audio W3v3 2Ω subwoofer is loaded in this enclosure.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
1 question already asked