About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits in the driver side rear corner of the hatch in 2005-up Chevrolet C6 Corvette coupes. It includes one W1v3 10" 2-ohm subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
Note: This Stealthbox® enclosure will not fit in convertible models.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W1v3 10" 2-ohm subwoofer
- steel-mesh grille included
- installs in hatch well
- power handling: 75-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94136
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- Mounting support plate
- 3"x3" Wax square
- 1 Socket cup screw (Length=2-1/4")
- 1 Large flat washer
- 1 Small flat washer
- 1 Split lock washer
- 1 Hex nut
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Looks nice for a wart. Fits great in the back corner. Sounds really good, better than expected.
Pros: Looks great. Carpet is pretty close to OEM. Sounds excellent.
Cons: Pricey. Once it's installed it's not easy to take back out. No big deal but I'd recommend you make sure you won't need to pull it back out before you through bolt it to your car. IE double check speaker connections, etc.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Ideal for the Corvette owner that just wants to round off the existing Bose system. Plenty of power and allows continued use of the trunk space. I mark down one star because it doesn't exactly allow the top to fit into the mounts. I can put the top in back, but only one clip holds the top. Another 1/4 lower and both clips would work. Also note that this is a custom build, so don't expect your sub to arrive in a few days. Mine took a few weeks.
Pros: Takes up very little space Nice punchy sound Tuned for the car
Cons: Top doesn't quite fit as intended after install
2 of 2 found this helpful
Chevrolet really missed the boat when it comes to the Stereo system in the C6 Corvette. I finally couldn't take it any longer and changed out the entire system. I'm 100% satisfied with my choices. The JL Audio Stealthbox is a great way to get the bass you need and not have to take up much space by utilizing one of the cubby holes in the cargo area. The installation was simple and once your crossover adjustments are tuned in, the sound quality is great! I would recommend anyone who owns a c6 Corvette to check this product out.
Pros: Fit is perfect. The corvette stock stereo system is horrible. The pros of the JL Audio stealth box is 1. the fit is perfect, 2. the bass is good, 3. it doesn't require much room in the already limited space the corvette has to offer
1 of 2 found this helpful
I love the made for vehicle JL sub, this is my second one and they have both fit perfectly and sounded amazing!
Pros: Simple and easy installation instructions
Cons: None of note!
2 of 3 found this helpful
Nothing but praise, JL really does their homework when it comes to the stealth box enclosures. Super clean fit with great sound at a fair price. Really enhances the sound in my Vette.
Pros: Great fit, easy install, trusted name.
Cons: A little pricy for a 10" sub box
3 of 4 found this helpful
I have quite a few JL audio products in the past and feel let down by this one. Crutchfiield is not to blame but the sub is not as dynamic as I expected. I have friends with stick Bose systems that sound better. I have a alpine 500 watt digital driving this and it is just not smooth sounding. I do not listen to rap or techno. I am a Coldplay, jack Johnson marron five type listener. Not rocking out till my ears bleed just like nice sound I just leave it as bummed
Pros: Fit and finish was spot on
Cons: Did not sound like a JL Audio product
5 of 6 found this helpful
Fits perfect and sounds great!!
Pros: The fit and sound are perfect.
Cons: Price, would be nice if they made a powered version.
5 of 7 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio 10W1v3-2, 2-ohm subwoofer is loaded in this enclosure.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the W1v3-2 motor remains linear over a long excursion range, and also maintains a stable, fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement
Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes.
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings, thus reducing thermal compression effects and enhancing reliability.
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v3-2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly, assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles, and coil/spider alignment.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v3-2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
4 questions already asked