About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure installs ahead of the rear strut brace of the 2003-up Nissan 350Z hatchbacks. It includes two W3v3 10" 4-ohm subwoofers from JL Audio, wired for 2-ohm mono impedance. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
Note: You'll need to remove the child safety seat latch system to complete this installation. This Stealthbox® enclosure will not fit in the 350Z convertible or the Infiniti G35 coupe.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- two W3v3 10" 4-ohm subwoofers, wired to 2-ohm mono
- installs ahead of the rear strut brace
- power handling: 200-1,000 watts RMS (500 watts per speaker); 2,000 watts peak power
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94150
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with two loaded 10" woofers
- Two 3/8" split-lock washers
- Two 3/8" flat washers
- Two 3/8" fender washers
- 2 Socket cup set-screws
- Two 3/8" hex nuts
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Let me first mention Crutchfield has very excellent customer service and shipping was a lot faster than expected. If there were six stars to rate this box I definitely would. A lot of solid bass very well constructed box and not to mention quality of subs installed. JL did it again. You get what you pay for.
Pros: Box is very well concealed, quality of subs, amazing sounding bass. Second to none hands down one of best setups out there for 350z owners! Thank JL!
1 of 1 found this helpful
Love it fits great and sounds amazing
1 of 1 found this helpful
Crutchfield and I originally thought this could take up to 3 weeks to arrive from their warehouse. it ended up only taking SIX days to reach my Post Office which is SURPRISINGLY FAST!!! Bass Quality is outstanding, hits hard, hits deep. i can either keep the bass very low when i am driving around or crank it up when i want to show it off! im powering this with a 1000/1 jl amp and you can honestly feel some kind of pain in your neck when the bass is cranked up all the way. (i dont drive with the bass that high all the time, only when i want to see the true power of the subwoofer thanks CRUTCHFIELD
Pros: amazing purchase, fast shipping, quality product, hard hitting bass, snug fit
3 of 3 found this helpful
The JL Audio Stealthbox for the 350Z delivers incredibly powerful and rich bass that you can FEEL, with dual 10" subwoofers that have no problem jarring your kidneys and blowing the rear hatch off the car, if that's how you like to roll (since the cost of a new rear hatch and window ain't cheap and I kind of like having my kidneys intact, I'll gladly settle for the improved bass response at more moderate volume levels thank-you-very-much). The Stealthbox probably won't give you a hernia, but it's much easier and quicker for two people to install it than one. Aside from not fitting 350Z Roadsters and having to eliminate the child safety seat latch, losing the additional cargo area storage space in front of the rear strut tower is the only other drawback to the enclosure. But it does have that nice, clean factory install appearance for those who prefer an enclosure with less flash and bling than the car-show quality custom enclosures.
52 of 56 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofers: Two 10" JL Audio W3v3-4 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired inside the box in parallel as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
5 questions already asked