About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This ported Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2004-up Ford F-150 SuperCrew trucks. It installs under the rear bench seat. This Stealthbox® includes one W3v2 10" 2-ohm dual voice coil subwoofer from JL Audio, wired for 4-ohm mono impedance. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
Note: The word "leather" in the color description does not reflect what kind of material is used as a covering. The Stealthbox® model that matches that particular color is carpeted.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- ported fiberglass enclosure
- W3v2 10" 2-ohm DVC subwoofer wired for 4-ohm mono
- fits under the rear bench seat
- power handling: 100-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94175
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- 2 Socket cups set-screw
- 2 Flat washers
- 2 Split-lock washers
- 2 Hex nuts
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W3v2-D2 subwoofer is loaded in this ported enclosure and wired as a 4Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal.
- Dual Voice Coil: The W3v2-D2 subwoofer features a Dual 2-ohm voice coil that is wired in series inside the Stealth Box enclosure to provide a 4-ohm mono load at the enclosure's speaker terminal.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v2 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- PowerBump Backplate: The PowerBump backplate design provides
exceptional mechanical clearance for the voice coil at high excursions. The
deep-forged recess provides additional clearance for the W3v2's sizeable
excursion capabilities and prevents coil-bottoming from limiting performance