About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar, concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2006-up Hummer H3 SUVs. It installs behind the rear storage panel on the driver side and replaces the factory Monsoon® subwoofer. This Stealthbox® includes one W1v3 10" 2-ohm subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
Note: If the H3 doesn't have a factory sub, a new driver-side rear trim panel must be purchased to complete the installation.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W1v3 10" 2-ohm subwoofer
- replaces the factory subwoofer behind the driver side rear storage panel
- power handling: 50-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94196
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- Socket cup screw
- Fender washer
- 2 Flat washers
- 3/8" Lock washer
- 3x3" Wax sheet
- Hex bolt
- Foam bar
- Double sided tape
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Very easy to install.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Very solid construction. I was impressed with the quality and the custom fit in my Hummer. Paired with a JL Audio amp, the sound is tight and powerful. Being a 10" sub it's not going shatter windows. I would say it adds a tasteful amount of low end. The install is a little involved if you don't already have the Monsoon setup. One of the bolts provided did not fit in the top mounting boss. I had to get my bolt that fit. I am very happy with the final result (Now I want to amp the rest of my speakers to keep up with the sub.)
Pros: Quality build. Tight sound.
Cons: Install isn't for the feint of heart. Drilling is required. But the result is a very secure, quality, install. Some hardware provide was not correct.
3 of 3 found this helpful
This is a great enclosure for the Hummer H3! It fits in nicely where the factory Monsoon sub was and is truly stealth! As far as sound is concerned, I didn't really know what to expect. I had heard other JL Audio stealth boxes and they all sounded great, however I wasn't sure about this particular sub in this application. I have had all kinds of different car audio brands and installs (I've been doing this a long time), from big to small, to loud to SQ. On this vehicle I wanted to keep all my space yet still have more than just door speakers. I chose this JL Stealthbox and a Rockford Fosgate Power T500X1br (Along with the RF Power T400X4ad to run the RF Power Mids and Highs). I have to say its perfect! Its more than I expected out of that little enclosure and low power sub. I can hit nearly every bass note and the sound fills the cabin nicely. This was perfect for my application in this vehicle. Your not going to harass the neighbors with this bass or compete with a pair of 15's in a slotted box but... Your going to be pleased with the output! Of note, if you don't have the monsoon system in your H3, you'll need to replace the back panel with the monsoon version. The part number is '15795311', it can be ordered from the dealer or many online sites. So with all that said, why not 5 stars? I wish that the JL sub in the stealth box was a better model with more power handling. In today's technology this should be easy to accomplish. Extra parts w\o monsoon.
Pros: Stealth! Great Sound Well manufactured Quality Engineering
Cons: Cost Low powered sub Extra parts needed if you don't have monsoon
5 of 5 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Compatibility: This Stealthbox is designed for use with 2006-2010 Hummer H3s. It does not fit Hummer H2 or H2 SUT. If the vehicle is not equipped with the Monsoon sound system, you must purchase a new driver side rear cargo trim panel from GM parts in order to install the Stealthbox. If the vehicle is equipped with the Monsoon sound system, installation requires removal of the system amplifier, and necessitates the addition of an aftermarket amplifier.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio 10W1v3-2, 2-ohm subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the W1v3-2 motor remains linear over a long excursion range, and also maintains a stable, fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement
Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes.
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings, thus reducing thermal compression effects and enhancing reliability.
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v3-2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly, assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles, and coil/spider alignment.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v3-2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked