About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2007-up GMC and Chevrolet full-size truck and SUV models. It installs inside the forward section of the factory center console, without taking up much space. This Stealthbox® includes one down-firing W1v3 10" 2-ohm subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
Note: This Stealthbox® enclosure will not fit trucks with AC vents on the back of the center console. It also will not fit full-size "classic" trucks or the Chevrolet SSR, GMC Sierra Denali, Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Hummer H2, and Hummer H2 SUT.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W1v3 10" 2-ohm subwoofer
- installs inside the forward section of center console
- power handling: 75-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94278
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- Two 3"x3" Wax squares
- 2 Socket cup screws (Length=2-1/4")
- 2 Large flat washers
- 2 Split lock washers
- 2 Hex nuts
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Great product with a great sound to back it up. Just installed one of these in my 2011 Silverado, and the difference is amazing. Good hit and nice lows, really brings the system to life. I did have to do a bit more trimming in the center console to get it to fit correctly, but it did allow me the space to dynamat the whole thing.
Pros: Great sound, Nicely put together product
Cons: Needed additional fitting, a little pricey but worth it
6 of 8 found this helpful
4 of 6 found this helpful
Overall, this items functioned exactly as described. Very please! Also, Crutchfield support was very helpful.
Pros: sounds very good, just enough bass to please my music taste
Cons: Console vibrates, but nothing a little Dynomat couldn't fix
4 of 6 found this helpful
Way better than expected, hits hard, sounds great with any music. Install was not to bad, between installing the sub, amp and wiring I had about 7 hours into it stopping for lunch and a few cold ones here and there. You don't have to remove your seats to pull the console as previously stated, just follow the instructions. I powered it with a JL 500W mono block and put it under the driver rear seat next to the spare tire tools and it's a perfect fit! If you have dynamat stick some in the center console area before you put your cup holders back in, also do the trim piece on the dash that fits against the windshield as I found these were the 2 areas that vibrated the worst.
Pros: Great sound, no loss of interior space,
Cons: A little spendy, but well worth it.
11 of 12 found this helpful
Great sound and fits like a glove
Pros: Awsome bass , excellent fit
7 of 8 found this helpful
I have a 500w amp driving it and it sounds great in the cab. If you are looking for a box that hits bass hard in the cab and is out of site then this is it. If you want to make noise driving down the street this is not the one for you. I play all types of music and sounds great.
Pros: Fit is perfect and the end result you will not lose any space or have to worry about anyone damaging the speaker. It sounds better than I expected, I have a 500w mono amp driving it and its more bass than I will ever really need. But I do like my bass.
Cons: Plan on a more than 1/2 a day to install. You have to remove both driver and passenger seats to get the center console out. Also be careful drilling the mounting bolt holes in the floor board, close to transmission lines and difficult to get too. When its done you will be happy with it.
13 of 15 found this helpful
I had the sub replace the anemic Bose sub. I had Bullfeathers in Delmar DE do the instal, the chose a Pioneer Amp and a box to integrate with the factory system. Everything is hidden and they added a vol control in the lower dash. These guys know what they are doing, beautiful custom work and setting the crossover perfect. What a huge difference , great tight lows and no rattles at all, just have to keep the spare change to a min or it will shake around !
Pros: Super clean lows, nothing visible , no loss of storage space, this sub kicks ass
7 of 9 found this helpful
Prior to buying this box I had a single 8" 8w3v3-4 mounted in a custom box under the back bench seat of my 2009 Avalanche. It worked well and sounded good, but it had to be removed to fully fold down the back seats so the mid-gate could be used. That and I needed just a little more bass response on the ultra low notes. I was initially put off by the Stealthbox, both because of the price and because of the need to remove the rear AC vent tubing. However after talking to a couple of local installers I decided to go ahead with the purchase. First, it sounds AMAZING. One JL 10 sounds like two 10's from any other manufacture. Second, with the venting removed and capped off the front vents blow harder and the passengers in the back don't really notice the difference. Third, it takes up no additional space. I also really like the sound coming from the front, it is more like going to a live concert than having the bass in the back like most cars. And it doesn't require all that much power. Mine is running off the sub channel of a JL Audio XD700/5 which is about 180 watts RMS. (Max is 300 watts RMS.)
Pros: Sounds amazing, fairly easy to install, takes up no additional space, requires a very small amount of power.
Cons: Expensive, requires removal of rear AC vents in trucks that have them. (Not a huge deal as stated above.) Any change, keys, or other loose object placed in the cup holders will rattle. (I was able to reduce most rattles by covering the console and parts of the front dash in Dynomat.
15 of 15 found this helpful
Fit very well, sounds great, love that I have great sound and its hidden, looks factory!
Pros: Hidden, sound, well built
Cons: The price
7 of 8 found this helpful
Pros: -Great Low end sound -Just enough to feel it, not enough to be annoying -Great fit in the vehicle, looks totally stock, sounds 100x better -Pretty good value if a clutter free set-up is important Cons: -Install is a little less than easy but not frustratingly so -I suggest Dyn-amat, fat-mat, eDead or some other type of sound deadening for the inside of the console. -While W1V2 single ten inch sub is sufficient, $460 is a little pricey for the box
34 of 36 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: A 10" JL Audio W1v2 subwoofer is loaded in this enclosure and features an injection-molded, metallic-finish polypropylene cone woofer with a butyl rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion, and bass response.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap: The W1v2's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC) is
a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability.
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles; and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked