About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2007-up Toyota FJ Cruisers. It installs on the passenger side wheel well and replaces the factory "subwoofer" system, if the vehicle is so equipped. This Stealthbox® includes one W1v3-2 12" 2-ohm subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
Note: This Stealthbox® enclosure replaces your OEM subwoofer system, if your vehicle is so equipped.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W1v3-2 12" 2-ohm subwoofer
- steel mesh grille included
- fits on passenger side wheel well
- power handling: 50-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94310
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box loaded with 12" woofer
- Two 8mm x35mm bolts
- Two 6mm x 40mm bolts
- Two 6mm x 25mm bolts
- 2 Threaded studs
- Two 8mm lock-washers
- Two 8mm flat-washers
- Four 6mm flat-washers
- Four 6mm lock-washers
- 2 Metal L-brackets
- 2 Spacers
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
I was very excited to get this stealth box! It fit right into place and matched up color wise and pumps the SOUND! Local dealers couldn't even build a box for that area. It would have been on the back floor where I haul equipment and stuff. I was very pleased with the sound quality for the money well spent.
Pros: Came with easy instructions and good quality product for the money!
Cons: These car company's should have some of the wiring in place already for people who want to add such devices!!
2 of 3 found this helpful
I just installed this into my fj cruiser and I couldn't be happier. This paired with a 5 ch Alpine Pv amplifier sounds incredible. You will not believe there is only one subwoofer in the back. The fit is incredible.
Pros: Fit, finish and performance.
Cons: Price. If it wasn't so pricey I would of probably bought one for the passenger side as well.
1 of 2 found this helpful
The fit and function of the Sub are great - mounting was a snap - even though my FJ was a model that didn't come with the factory sub. With only a 6 speaker system available from the factory - the sub made a huge difference in the bottom end. Along with a 6x9 component system upfront and upgraded 2 3/4" speakers in the rear running off the decks RMS power - the gains made with the sub and the component set off a 4 way amp are amazing, The Stealthbox fit like a glove into the rear sidewall space and doesn't interfere with rear hatch load capacity. Even better, the local dealers couldn't come close to the Crutchfield price - plus Crutchfield has always had and continue to have excellent customer service.
Pros: Form, fit, and function especially with those FJs that are only equipped with the factory 6 speaker sound system and no sub. Mounts such that it doesn't take up valuable hatch space for hauling items. Secure mounting system prevents rattles. Overall - I'm extremely pleased with it.
Cons: A bit pricey but the form, fit and function make up for it. Occasionally offered at a discount.
11 of 14 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 12" JL Audio W1v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's spring-clip speaker terminals. The JL Audio W1v3 subwoofers feature an injection-molded, metallic-finish polypropylene cone woofer with an embossed metallic JL Audio logo with a butyl rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap: The W1v3's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement
Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles; and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v3 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
1 question already asked