About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2007-up Chevrolet and GMC full-size SUVs and trucks with 40/20/40 split bench seats. It replaces the lower cushion and storage unit. This Stealthbox® includes one down-firing 10", 2-ohm W3v3-2 subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 10" 2-ohm W3v3-2 subwoofer
- replaces lower cushion and storage unit
- power handling: 500 watt RMS
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94351
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- One 3/8-16 x 1-1/4" bolt
- One 3/8" Flat washer
- One 3/8" Lock washer
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
The options for good sub or subs that will fit in this truck with an amp or multiple amps in my case is extremely limited. This was the only quality option I found and I could not be happier than with this sub in my truck attached to the new kenwood 7" touchscreen display and 600 watt kicker amp with the kick sub knob to easily turn the power up and down with the turn of a knob :) thanks crutchfield
Pros: Perfect fit Great sound Excellent quality
Cons: None found yet
0 of 0 found this helpful
Sounds awesome adds some really good quality base to an SUV. I have a R500X1D Rockford Fosgate pushing the sub and I could not ask for a better setup . Perfect for someone that wants to keep the inside looking factory. Quality workmanship
0 of 0 found this helpful
Ok she fit right in. But the instructions say secure with a 9/16ths bolt. Perfect right? Nope. You would have to drill your own hole and fit that bolt in. Except you have about 1/4 inch of space to try and fit the bolt in. Soo I didnt secure it down. And it doenst rattle or move around. Sounds amazing. I listen to hard and heavy metal some speed metal classic rock as well. Amazing
Pros: Hard hits. Bug thummper. Iron madien priest dio sound amazing.
Cons: To fit a 9/16s bolt into no hole that they say is there.
2 of 3 found this helpful
The subwoofer is fine - good sub. Let's move on from that. The enclosure is not reinforced enough at the top (behind the magnet) - you can feel it flexing when the sub hits. That's not good. Not to mention, if you put anything magnetic in the area of the top of this enclosure, it magnetizes pretty firmly to the enclosure. The mounting hole the directions refer to is not "open" for a bolt to pass through, as must have been the case on JL's test vehicle. You must drill a hole in a 2011 Silverado. This is not a big deal, but a dissapointment as I was expected more of a drop-and-go job. Finally, the unit does not actually sit flush down into the cavity in which it goes. There is about a .5" gap in the front that decreases as you go to the back of the enclosure. This is tolerable, but disappointing. Finally, since it mounts with one single bolt (which was too short, in my truck), it buzzes when the sub hits against the metal that it mounts against. First I had to put CCF weather stripping and Stinger Roadkill Expert basically everywhere around the subwoofer enclosure to stop this rattling, but then that exposed the intermittent rattling of the plastic "beauty panel" that surrounds the cavity in which this Stealthbox resides. This is a really great idea, but it just doesn't pan out as smoothly as Crutchfield or JL would have you think. I know I installed this thing right as there simply is no other possible way for the unit to mount.
Pros: Bass right next to you for full effect
Cons: Enclosure not solid enough. Doesn't fit as well as JL/Crutchfield would have you think (requires drilling, doesn't sit down flush). Directions do not tell you HOW to take off the plastic bits you'll need to take off and therefore most of the ones I removed have broken plastic tabs. This really made me mad, as I was as gentle as I could be.
17 of 20 found this helpful
I had a 2003 Silverado with a Bose system. I wanted the sound system to try and match that in my new 2009 Silverado. This JL Stealthbox honestly puts the Bose system to shame. The guys at Crutchfield suggested I power this with a JL 500 watt amp and a pair of Boston Acoustics door speaker. The results are nothing but unbelievable. I have a way better sound and yet I kept everything looking factory stock in the new truck. If your thinking about purchasing one don't hesitate. You will like it.
8 of 9 found this helpful
This item fits great and blends in well..the covering is the color and texture of the carpet flooring..not the seat..but still looks great. I had it installed by pro installers since it requires removing the seats and center consule(my seats being all electronic).It was hooked up to an alpine amp..mrp-500..and it pounds. pros---great bass..no rattles with upper compartment..fits perfect. cons---a little pricey
56 of 66 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W3v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
3 questions already asked