About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure installs behind the rear bench, and includes one shallow-mount 13.5" 13TW5v2-4 subwoofer wired for 4-ohm total impedance. The sub handles up to 600 watts RMS, and you can fit two of these compact enclosures behind your seat if you're into big bass.
With the enclosure installed, you'll lose one notch of seat adjustment to the rear. You'll need to move your seat forward a little to fully recline the seat. If your Tundra is equipped with a factory JBL sub, you'll need to either 1) cut the factory trim panel, or 2) obtain a replacement "no-subwoofer" trim panel from Toyota Parts prior to installation. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have experience with car audio but some vehicles may require modifications.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 13TW5v2-4 13.5" subwoofer
- 4-ohm total impedance
- fits behind the rear bench
- power handling: 100-600 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94410
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with one loaded 13.5" woofer (13TW5v2)
- 3/8-16 x 1-1/2" Hex-head bolt
- Three 3/8 x 1-1/4" fender washer
- Two 3/8" split-lock washer
- Two 3/8" x 16 hex-nut
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Great sound. Deeper bass than expected from a tight air enclosure. Box well built.
3 of 3 found this helpful
I don't think I have ever heard such deep full bass coming from such a small enclosure.Back in my day a box with this small amount of volume would never pick up these low bass levels it would sound hollow.But this speaker sounds like a home surround sub.Ive always used high power isobaric enclusures for ground shaking bass so I was not expecting much from this set up but times sure have changed now I have a great sounding sub with out sacrificing passanger space and a clean oem type install.No its not going to knock down all the pictures in you house when your turning up the volume in the drive way but the sound is amazing when it comes to box dimension and lack of enclosure volume.
Pros: Clean deep bass even the low notes.
Cons: Price.Should be a dual sub box for this price.But to be honest I half to seal up the speaker a little better.Box comes drilled using basic mounting screws and for the price should have some nuts moulding in with the fiber glass to bolt the speaker down.Screws that strip the fiber glass is not my ideal of a products value of this price point.Im experience with vacume molds I build composite air craft where weight is an issue so should be no probem to up the bar on detail of this box:)
5 of 5 found this helpful
Wow!!! JL Audio, enough said. I have two set up in my 2008 Tundra and GOOD LORD!!! I have never heard this level of sound from slim line subs before, yes I heard all the hype and took a chance on them and it was worth the wait and time it took for me to finally have this installed in my tundra. Running two off a 1200/1HD and they complement the two sets of JBL 660GTi's that I put into the doors amazingly, which are pushed by 600/4HD. I also had the bass knob installed to control the level of bass since I have 3 little ones in the back from time to time and my set up is perfect, now I can push them when I want to, or turn them off without having to do anything drastic to keep them in line for my kids. I've missed the feel of bass when I want to immerse myself in my music. They are still breaking in so they aren't tuned perfect just yet but the potential and the clarity of these subs is simply amazing. If you are on the fence trying to decide if these are indeed the subs for you go for it, but when you install two, you will need to go and buy a 2" X 3/8" bolt as the one they send is short. JL audio subs and these stealthboxes are worth every penny. May not have the depth and punch of a w6 or w7 but it has plenty to make you smile for the application in which they are used!!!
Pros: easy install, awesome sound and response, beautiful once installed!!!
Cons: needs some break in time
5 of 6 found this helpful
I was looking for a sub/enclosure without taking up any space in my tundra CM. this is a great solution. The box itself is very well designed and crafted. The sub, sounds fantastic! I matched it with a kicker 1200.1 (600 RMS). Great bass for all music types. Factory look!
Pros: Great sound Looks nice Well made Quality
3 of 3 found this helpful
Ok, so i picked up two of these awesome speakers for my tundra.... love them.... But I will warn that one of the speaker install bolts was TOO short and put my install behind a day, since I had to find a bolt that was longer and my truck was too torn apart to drive anywhere to get one that day. But all in all.. after I got them installed they sound awesome I am pushing them with a 1200 watt Pioneer amp I got from here.
Pros: Very Good bass...
Cons: Install kit
3 of 3 found this helpful
I am pushing this sub with a rockford T1000. Crazy!!! Nothing I can do will make this sub bottom out. I was reall worried about the shallow mount, but very very pleased!!! A little pricey but I promise you get what you pay for with this sub!
Pros: Sounds GREAT!
Cons: a little pricey
7 of 7 found this helpful
JL Audio used my truck for the design and fit of these Sub's, for reference the Pic is actually from the back panel of my truck. It's been almost 2 years now since I got them and they still rock. Some suggestions. Dynamat or sound deaden the back wall of your truck. I went so far as doing the same to all the doors. If you have the overhead console deaden it as well as these monsters will make it rattle. The speakers have held up great and I highly recommend them. I push the pair with the JL HD 600/4 bridged I use another HD600/4 to push the 4 doors (all separates).
Pros: Fit and sound and secure attachment to the steel of the truck.
5 of 5 found this helpful
I've been really impressed with this sub enclosure. Fits perfectly in my 2012 Tundra Crewmax. However, how you mount this sub in your truck is by drilling a hole through the sub into your plastic back wall and then into the metal wall of the truck. Then you enlarge the holes using a 3/8 bit and bolt the mounting bolt onto the wall. Then you put the metal wall panel back on to the back of the truck, reinstall the plastic wall cover, and bolt the sub onto the bolt. However, mine was too short to reach through the metal and the plastic and the fiberglass of the sub enclosure. And if you're like me, you find this out after you've buttoned everything up, hidden all of your excess cable, zip tied everything neatly into place. Cue lots of 4 letter words. I won't go into the details of how incredibly big of a pain in the @$$ it would be to remove my amp rack, yank the plastic out, unbolt the metal panel, take the bolt out, go to a hardware store, find one the correct size but slightly longer length, reinstall all of that crap etc. etc. Solution? Heavy duty velcro! I'd have given 5 stars if this snafu hadn't occurred. Sound quality is excellent though.
Pros: Sound and build quality.
Cons: Mounting is a pain. You have to remove the speaker out of the enclosure, mount the enclosure, reinstall the speaker, which would have been a massive pain because of the back seat. However, I was saved by my bolt being too short.
7 of 8 found this helpful
Looks like this is the 1st review so its on me now. I installed this sub in my Tundra CM, after having much heart burn over the price and the fact that this is a slim sub, pulled the trigger anyway. Now I know you Tundra guys have been wondering about this sub (I read alot of forums) and I will be the 1st to say "BUY IT!" this sub "THUMPS!" I listen to everything from rap to country and this sub handles it all with ease and is VERY clean and smooth, and if given the chance, will rattle your teeth out! I almost purchased 2 of these and am glad I did not, one does the job to perfection. Make sure your amp will push it because this sub is hungry, and feed it with the right gauge conductor, no ZIP CORD small wire. BUY IT, you will not regret it!
54 of 57 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Enclosure Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Thin-Line Woofer: This JL Audio Stealthbox contains one JL Audio 13TW5v2 Thin-Line subwoofer in a sealed enclosure. The 13TW5v2 supports up to 600 watts power (RMS) with a recommended amplifier power range of 250-600 watts. The enclosed 13TW5v2 is a 4-ohm woofer and is wired for a 4-ohm mono load at the enclosure's speaker terminal.
- Thin-Line Design: The patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the JL Audio 13TW5v2 subwoofer and allows it to deliver great bass performance in the tightest space applications that are only 2.5" deep. Central to the technology is the "concentric tube" structure that supports the oversized voice coil and the suspension attachments. This permits placing the motor of the woofer much further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs, while maintaining excellent linear excursion capability. Equally important is the fact that the 13TW5v2 design is optimized for extremely small box volume applications. Whereas a typical "small-box" 12-inch driver operates in well over one cubic foot, the larger 13TW5v2 is optimum in only 0.80 cu.ft. (significantly less volume than any other JL Audio 13-inch woofer).
- Concentric Tube Suspension: The challenge in any low-profile woofer design is to permit enough mechanical clearance for the speaker to handle power and generate good output at low frequencies. JL Audio's patented solution employs a molded structure which spans over the edge of the motor system, supporting the spider on the outside of the motor's boundaries and the large diameter voice coil on the inside. The large voice coil permits the magnet to sit inside it, rather than surrounding the coil as is typical in most woofers. The concentric tube structure and the elimination of a conventional top-plate helps JL Audio to place the motor system higher up into the cone body's space to further compress depth, while still permitting excellent mechanical excursion.
- Mica-Filled Polypropylene Woofer: The JL Audio 13TW5v2 subwoofer features an injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone woofer with a santoprene rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the 13TW5v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Extra Large Voice Coils: To counteract the efficiency tradeoff of small box volumes, the 13TW5v2 is designed to handle very high power levels thanks to the use of a very large 7-inch diameter voice coil.
Installation: This Stealthbox installs behind the rear bench of your 2007-up Toyota Tundra CrewMax. One notch of the seat travel is lost with installation and full-recline of the seat-back is only available when the seat is in its more forward positions. If the vehicle is equipped with the factory JBL subwoofer, you must do one of the following to install the Stealthbox: A) Permanently modify (cut) the factory trim panel. B) Obtain a replacement "no-subwoofer" trim panel from Toyota Parts prior to installation.
3 questions already asked