About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure contains one 13" 13TW5v2-2 2-ohm subwoofer. It installs under the driver side of the rear bench seat. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer (Camel)
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 13TW5v2-2 13" 2-ohm subwoofer
- installs under the driver side of the rear bench seat
- power handling: 100-600 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94414
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box loaded with one 13" woofer
- Four 1/4"-20 x 1" hex-head bolts
- Four 1/4" flat washers
- Four 1/4" split-lock washers
- 4 Mounting brackets
- Installation Guide
- Warranty information
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
You get what you pay for , it looks great and sounds even better. Covers bass for any type of music you like.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Sounds of joy produced from this speaker and box combo. I was very surprised of how well it hits the lows and thumps. I did had a w3 in my last truck and this fills the shoes. Only issue is that it doesn't fit "perfect" although my seat will lower down and lock into position it's a noticeable 1" high than the other side...
Pros: Sounds great, looks stealthy and was easy to install
Cons: It doesn't fit "perfect". Although my seat will lower down and lock into position it's a noticeable 1" high than the other side...
1 of 1 found this helpful
Awesome sound!!! Perfect fit for my 2005 F250. I was hesitant at first because there was not a real answer as to whether or not it would fit the 2005-2007, but not only did it fit but it matched perfectly!
Pros: Sound Fitment Quality Color match
Cons: Haven't found one yet
1 of 1 found this helpful
Good clean sound. Fits perfect under seat. Could hit a little harder but sounds great. Easy to install.
0 of 1 found this helpful
This is a great enclosure box. I was a kicker man but now only jl for me..
1 of 2 found this helpful
Came with large chips/chunks of loose fiberglass rattling around inside. I took it apart to find wiring broken. Had to rewire inside, not to mention vacuum fiberglass clips from insides of speaker. Upon placement in truck, doesn't fit perfectly. Rear seat won't go back down 100%. So now, I am going to have to take my seat apart and trim the metal in the seat so the box fits. Pretty poor manufacturing from JL Audio.
Pros: Should sound good if I ever get it installed and working.
Cons: Poorly manufactured.
7 of 10 found this helpful
Have had this in my truck for a couple weeks now and it really hits hard and clear.
4 of 7 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm compatibility.
Enclosure Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Thin-Line Woofer: This JL Audio Stealthbox contains one JL Audio 13TW5v2-2 Thin-Line subwoofer in a sealed enclosure. The 13TW5v2-2 supports up to 600 watts power (RMS) and 1200 watts peak. The enclosed 13TW5v2-2 is a 2Ω single voice coil woofer.
- Thin-Line Design: The patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the JL Audio 13TW5v2-2 subwoofer and allows it to deliver great bass performance in the tightest space applications that are just over 2-1/2" deep. Central to the technology is the "concentric tube" structure that supports the oversized voice coil and the suspension attachments. This permits placing the motor of the woofer much further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs, while maintaining excellent linear excursion capability. Equally important is the fact that the 13TW5v2-2 design is optimized for extremely small box volume applications. Whereas a typical "small-box" 12-inch driver operates in well over one cubic foot, the larger 13TW5v2-2 is optimum in only 0.80 ft³ (significantly less volume than any other JL Audio 13.5-inch woofer).
- Concentric Tube Suspension: The challenge in any low-profile woofer design is to permit enough mechanical clearance for the speaker to handle power and generate good output at low frequencies. JL Audio's patented solution employs a molded structure which spans over the edge of the motor system, supporting the spider on the outside of the motor's boundaries and the large diameter voice coil on the inside. The large voice coil permits the magnet to sit inside it, rather than surrounding the coil as is typical in most woofers. The concentric tube structure and the elimination of a conventional top-plate helps JL Audio to place the motor system higher up into the cone body's space to further compress depth, while still permitting excellent mechanical excursion.
- Mica-Filled Polypropylene Woofer: The JL Audio 13TW5v2-2 subwoofer features an injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone woofer with a santoprene rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the 13TW5v2-2's motor remains linear in motor force over a long excursion range, and also maintain a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Extra Large Voice Coils: To counteract the efficiency tradeoff of small box volumes, the 13TW5v2-2 is designed to handle very high power levels thanks to the use of a very large 7-inch diameter voice coil.
Installation: This Stealthbox installs under the driver's side of the rear bench seat of select 2004-2016 Ford F-250, F-350, or F-450 crew cab pickups.
8 questions already asked