About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits the 2008-up Scion xB. It fits into the passenger-side cargo area, allowing you to retain cargo space and have unimpeded access to the spare tire (Note: the cargo cover will not fit over the Stealthbox®). This enclosure includes one 12W3v3-2 subwoofer from JL Audio and a black, steel-mesh grille. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 12W3v3-2 12" 2-ohm subwoofer
- installs in passenger-side cargo area
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94421
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box
- Two 1/4-20 x 1" chrome hex-head bolts
- Two 6mm flat washers
- 3/8"-16 x 1-1/4" Hex-head bolt
- 3/8" x 1-1/4" Flat washer
- 3/8" Split-lock washer
- 1" Aluminum spacer
- 3" x 3" Wax square
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Perfect fit in my Scion XB. Very good sound from the W3. I stepped down from a W6 in my previous car. Nice smooth sound, with hard hitting and deep bass. The best sounding stealth box I've heard.
Pros: Fit perfectly and easy to install. Great sound. Takes up very little space.
Cons: Wish the enclosure was available with a painted surface instead of carpet.
6 of 6 found this helpful
I was absolutly skeptical about this product when i first saw it, i was thinking that clearly there are better cheaper options, the price was a big turn off for me...... Well I finally caved in and bought this. I installed it my self with a 1000W amp. The bass that comes from this woofer is amazing! It has a clean a deep sound. I am absolutly happy with my purchase as i now feel like the price was worth it. One thing to note you do have to drill into the wheel well to mount the speaker in the car, I was a little nervous at first but its a pretty simple process.
Pros: Super Clean look, Super clean and deep sound. Quick 30Min install.
9 of 9 found this helpful
Premium Quality Enclosure. It sure is pricey but definitely worth every penny. The sub definitely spiced up my system and I still have the trunk space. All in All this thing BUMPS... =D
6 of 6 found this helpful
This is AWESOME!! It fits my baby scion perfectly! If I didn't tell my friends about the stealthbox, they have no idea where the bass is coming from even when I had them take a look at the trunk! Definitely worth the money!
13 of 13 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 12" JL Audio W3v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's speaker terminal.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
2 questions already asked