About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2001-12 Ford Escape and 2001-11 Mazda Tribute models, plus the 2005-11 Mercury Mariner. It installs against the driver side wheel well in the cargo area. This Stealthbox® includes one 10" 2-ohm W1v3-2 subwoofer from JL Audio. A steel-mesh grille is included to protect the sub. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have experience with car audio but some vehicles may require modifications.
Important Note: The Stealthbox® will not fit in Hybrid models.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W1v3-2 10" 2-ohm subwoofer
- steel-mesh grille included
- installs in the driver side wheel well of cargo area
- power handling: 50-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94440
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- Two 1/4"-20 x 1-1/4" hex-head bolts
- Two 1/4" split-lock washers
- 3/8" Split-lock washer
- Two 1/4" flat washers
- 3/8" Flat washer
- Two 1/4"-20 hex-head nuts
- 3/8"-16 x 2-1/4" allen-head stud
- 1" Spacer
- Custom mounting bracket
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Excellent speaker set-up. Outrageous Bass.
Pros: Great Bass
2 of 3 found this helpful
First, I must say that I'm thrilled that Crutchfield still carries audio equipment specifically designed for my old, but still meticulous, 2001 Ford Escape. While searching for a new subwoofer for my Escape, I found that the JL Stealthbox was tailor made for my vehicle, is very inconspicuous, and occupies no additional space in my cargo area. My vehicle came with the basic stereo system from the factory and no subwoofer. I've slowly improved and upgraded my sound system over the years including my most recent JVC KW-HDR81BT head unit, and previously purchased Infinity Kappa 682.7cf 6x8 speakers front and back. The Infinity's are 8 years old and still going strong. My new JL subwoofer is powered by a new JL JX500/1D 500W amplifier - also awesome. While my Infinity's provide nice sound in general, there was still something missing. The subwoofer now fills that gap and my audio experience has been raised to a whole new level. I've had my Escape for 14 years and don't quite know how I went so long without this essential component.
Pros: Tailor made for older Escapes; inconspicuous; occupies no additional cargo space; sound is amazing with plenty of punch
8 of 8 found this helpful
Before today my system was pretty awesome in terms of sound quality, but it lacked low-end punch. Well, I won't confusing any seismograhic equipment, but I got precisely the lower frequencies my car wasn't capable of before. I am powering it with a JL Slash 250/1v2 and have a Pioneer GM-D9500F pushing a set of Alpine R-series components and a pair of Pioneer Stage Three 6"x8" in my rear doors with a ton of dynamat applied...Would not change a thing!!!
11 of 11 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm compatibility.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: A 10" JL Audio W1v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this enclosure and features an injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with an embossed metallic JL Audio logo and a rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a long range of excursion, and also maintain a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement
Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by increasing the adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes.
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v3 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
2 questions already asked