About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits in the driver side rear corner of the trunk of the 2010-14 Ford Mustang coupe, and replaces the factory subwoofer if one is present. It includes one W3v3 13.5" 2-ohm subwoofer from JL Audio. A steel-mesh grille is included. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W3v3 13.5" 2-ohm voice coil subwoofer
- steel-mesh grille included
- fits in the driver side rear corner of the trunk
- power handling: 150-600 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94465
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with one loaded 13.5" JL Audio 13W3v3-2 woofer
- Three 3/8"-16mm x 1/4" hex-head bolts
- Three 3/8" split-lock washers
- 3/8" x 16mm locking-nut
- Three 3/8" x 1-1/4" fender washers
- Custom bracket
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Easy hook up and sounds great.
0 of 0 found this helpful
I resisted getting this due to the expense but I couldn't find a negative review anywhere so I took the plunge. I'm very happy that I did. It is a very musical sub package that blends in seamlessly in the mix. Provides very strong, clear bass without being a distraction. I don't think this would be the best choice for a system that "thumps" but that isn't what I was after. Installed in a '13 Mustang Boss 302 with 500 watt sub amp.
Pros: Clean and musical bass, solid construction, excellent fit taking up minimal trunk space.
Cons: None that I can think of.
5 of 5 found this helpful
Nice tight bass and precisio sound.
2 of 2 found this helpful
Easy to install, great sound! I have a 500W alpine amp paired with it and don't even have it turned up as much as I could. Great sound quality.. Tight bass.
Pros: Tight high quality bass, nice fit and easy install
4 of 4 found this helpful
Don't do like I did contemplating and debating whether or not to get this product. Do yourself a favor spend the money get the product you won't be disappointed. I spent way too much time wondering if I should get it or not, now that I have it I'm overjoyed.
Pros: Clean, sounds good, nice fit. No I take that back, Sounds Great!!
Cons: Haven't found one yet
3 of 3 found this helpful
Just installed this on my wife's 13GT and it was a breeze. If you got this far running wires and hooking things up, then drilling a 1/2 hole under you rear speaker shouldn't be a problem. It also is secured from underneath the box. Take out a rubber grommet and you bolt it right above your exhaust. So far my wife is trying to get use to the deep bass. She drove my truck for a month which has 1 10" sub. I love it on the other hand. The trunk is still functional and the box matches the color. Get this if you want some bump!
Pros: Hard hitting and JL gives step by step instructions.
5 of 5 found this helpful
I purchased the jl stealth box for my 2014 GT to add some bass. Couldn't be happier with the performance. It's a little pricy but you get what you pay for. Great product!
Pros: Great fit and great sound
3 of 4 found this helpful
I went with the Stealthbox for my 2011 Mustang GT mostly because I didn't want to lose half the trunk to a subwoofer enclosure. I liked the elegant design of the integrated fit -- but I didn't really know what to expect. I'd read the other review here and some elsewhere and knew that JL delivered quality sound. Well, it's in there now, and man, does it rock. Awesome bass without being obnoxious, though you can make it do that too if you really want to. I can't say enough about how great it sounds. You will have to live with folding your trunk liner under to accommodate the sub. You can't install it over the top or you'd have a lot of trouble getting the spare out (if you have one, or if you wanted to get into that area). The liner color is a nice try, but it does not match the 2011 liner. It may match earlier models better, I don't know. It's not a big deal to me, but if that matters to you you should know. The fit is also Passenger side, though the Crutchfield description says Driver. There is room enough to get to the shock towers if you are using adjustable shocks, but it's tight. It's expensive, but my mechanic has a sign in his garage near the register that says "You get what you pay for." He's right, and this is worth every penny. You are not simply paying for the bass -- you're paying for the integrated design and an enclosure structure that is rock solid once installed.
Pros: Hard hitting, well defined clean bass. Great design and integration to trunk. Installs for a solid, no vibration fit.
7 of 8 found this helpful
Purchased this sub early in 2010 and I could not be happier. This was installed in a 2010 V6 base model Mustang. Installation was quick and straight forward. Two bolts hold the unit in place. No drilling required. All hardware was provided. This unit is currently powered through a JL Audio HD Series HD900/5 amp and a JL Audio CL441dsp CleanSweep sound processor using the factory installed radio. The sound quality is incredible. I haven't found one thing to complain about and would highly recommend to anyone doing the same kind of installation. Can't speak for other Mustang owners who have the Shaker system install as this vehicle was not equipped with this system.
Pros: Quickness of installation & the quality of the product
Cons: None at this time.
11 of 11 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Enclosure Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
13.5" Woofer: This JL Audio Stealthbox contains one JL Audio 13W3v3-2 subwoofer in a sealed enclosure. The 13.5" woofer is rated to 600 watts RMS/1200 watts peak and the impedance is 2Ω.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
5 questions already asked