About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits in the trunk on the driver side of the 2010-up Chevrolet Camaro coupe. It includes one W6v3 12" 4-ohm dual voice coil subwoofer from JL Audio, wired for 2-ohm mono impedance. A steel-mesh grille is included. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W6v3-D4 12" 4-ohm DVC subwoofer wired for 2-ohm mono
- steel-mesh grille included
- fits in the driver side of the trunk
- power handling: 50-600 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94472
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with one loaded 12" woofer
- Custom mount bracket
- Three 3/8" split-lock washers
- 3/8-16 x 1" Hex nut
- Three 3/8" x 1-1/4" fender washers
- Two 3/8"-16mm hex nut
- 3/8-16 x 1-1/2" Hex nut
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
I don't know where 2 start we purchased all JL This time we added a JL system 2 our 2015 Camaro ZL1 and again the install was worth the extra time and money.Thank you again Crutchfield and JL you ROCK.??
Pros: The BEST of the BEST
Cons: None except $price
3 of 4 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 12" JL Audio 12W6v2-D subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's speaker terminal.
- W-Cone: The JL Audio W6v2 subwoofer utilizes a W-Cone design, a unit-body cone assembly, that delivers astonishing cone stiffness with minimal mass. The shape also provides incredible torsional rigidity, which is critical to maintaining voice coil alignment at the suspension limits. In order to gain maximum stiffness, two lightweight mineral-filled polypropylene skins are bonded together at the perimeter and the center of the assembly. The lower skin's cross-section is shaped like a "W", and provides incredible rigidity when bonded to the dished upper skin.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W6v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Engineered Lead-Wire System: The co-extruded lead wires work in conjunction with critically-engineered entry and exit support structures to achieve flawless high-excursion operation. The flying lead design does not compromise spider linearity or radial stability the way "woven in" lead wire designs do.
- Progressive-Roll Spider: The large, progressive-roll spider provides precise control and motor/voice coil alignment without limiting excursion prematurely.
- Ventilation: The woofer's large, diffused pole-vent works in conjunction with specifically engineered molded "NeckVents" in the lower cone body to remove hot air from the voice coil gap. This pole vent is located around the JL Audio badge at the rear of the speaker. The elevated frame design of the W6v2 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
4 questions already asked