About the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox enclosure fits behind the passenger side cargo panel of the of your 2010-up Chevy Equinox/GMC Terrain, in the same location as the optional factory sub. This Stealthbox includes one 10" 2-ohm W1v3 subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
Note: You may have to disable the factory Active Noise Cancellation feature if you're installing aftermarket audio gear in a 4-cylinder Equinox or Terrain (no problem in the 6-cylinder models). JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W1v3 10" 2-ohm subwoofer
- installs behind the passenger side rear cargo panel
- replaces optional OEM sub
- power handling: 75-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94503
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with one loaded 10" woofer
- 2 Lower brackets
- 2 Upper brackets
- Four 6mm x 25mm bolts
- Four 1/4" flat-washers
- Four 1/4" lock-washers
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Stealthbox® reviews
Love the sound. Just enough bass.
Pros: Fits perfect.
2 of 2 found this helpful
The Stealthbox paired with the JL Audio XD300 mono amp pounds. The bass is tight and sounds great with my factory stereo. No complaints here. The stealthbox is not cheap but well worth the money. Excellent sound that I was looking for. Great Job JL Audio.
Pros: Perfect fit for my Terrain. Excellent bass for a factory stereo! This thing absolutely pounds when paired with the JL Audio XD300 amp!
Cons: The bottom left bracket didn't fit correctly. Other than that everything worked fine so not a real problem.
6 of 6 found this helpful
Box came in exactly as advertised. I was looking for upgraded bass in my Equinox but I didn't want a speaker box taking up room in the back of my SUV. So I decided to go with this stealthbox that replaces the stock sub behind the rear panel. And let me tell you it doesn't dissapoint. Very tight accurate hard hitting bass. I powered it with a Alpine mrv 500 amp.
Cons: None whatsoever
11 of 12 found this helpful
Crutchfield delivered product as expected. Waited to install as this was a Christmas gift. So As I proceed to install Christmas day I discover the hard way that JL Audio didn't provide the right size bolts for their box? They sent 10mm (Head) bolts with 13mm (head) bolts needed to mount brackets to the box? So after a trip to hardware store and $10 later I got what I needed. Sure I could have called Crutchfield and compalied but the wife wanted her boom-boom... Once I had the right bolts I discovered the brackets were the wrong size as well, the slots needed boring for the bigger bolts on 2 of the 4 brackets. I believe the bracket kit was mixed at the factory so check before tearing car apart.
Pros: Long time customer and would recommend crutchfield for any automotive audio needs. After modifications the box fit where factory sub fit as expected with some persuasion and sounds great.
Cons: Parts were wrong in the box, this could have been a one off so double check before tearing car apart.
18 of 19 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm compatibility.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: A 10" JL Audio W1v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this enclosure and features an injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with an embossed metallic JL Audio logo and a rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a long range of excursion, and also maintain a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement
Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by increasing the adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes.
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v3 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
2 questions already asked