About the JL Audio Single 10" Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar, concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2011-up Jeep Grand Cherokee models. It installs in the passenger side rear cargo area (factory sub will need to be removed, if equipped). This Stealthbox® includes one W3v3 10" 2-ohm subwoofer from JL Audio. A steel-mesh grille is included. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have experience with car audio, but some vehicles may require modifications.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- black sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 10" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer
- steel-mesh grille included
- fits in passenger side rear cargo area (factory sub will need to be removed, if equipped)
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94508
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer box with one loaded 10" sub
- 3 Brackets
- Six 1/4"-20 hex bolts
- Six 1/4" flat washers
- Six 1/4" lock washers
- Three 6mm x 1" flange nut
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
JL Audio Single 10" Stealthbox® reviews
Decent sound but a little hollow when compared with regular box subwoofers. The banana plug connectors are cheaply made and had to unscrew the plate to tighten the nuts. The location of these connectors should be moved so they remain hidden. With all that said, it is much better than the factory sub, so I would still recommend this as a permanent solution.
Pros: Better than the factory solution, overall installation is easy, better than competitors which are almost non-existent.
Cons: hollow sound, quality of connectors, placement of connectors
1 of 1 found this helpful
JL Audio did a great job with this box! I am honestly amazed at how easy it was to install and even more at how good the bass blends-in with my highs and mids. I guess the orientation of this speaker made a huge difference on how sound travels through the car. I currently have an Alpine PDX-M6 that I also purchased from Crutchfield and all I can say is that this speaker hits HARD... I was able to do the installation in less than three hours because I took my time. Even had time to dynamat sound proof the trunk to eliminate any unwanted noise from vibration. You can literally do this install in half the time. I highly recommend this speaker to anyone who likes clean quality sound with a factory appeal. No regrets.
Pros: Ease of install, great sound quality, and factory look.
2 of 2 found this helpful
JL Audio has always delivered, I've been buying their products since 1994 and is my go to speaker of choice. Yes the price is a bit high, but when you want a stealth look with incredible sound you can't beat this
Pros: Amazing fit and sound!!!
1 of 1 found this helpful
I have this running on a Soundstream amp supplying it with 350 watts. The rest of the system is made up of a Kenwood receiver and Focal speakers, also run off of a Soundstream amp. We have a 2013 Laredo E with the base 6 speaker system (no factory sub) and could not sacrifice any room in the cargo area. Installation was easy overall. Removing the trim panels was the most time consuming part, then the stealthbox dropped right in. The end result matches the interior perfectly, looks factory and takes up no room. Sound quality is excellent, clear, tight bass that's hard hitting and loud when need. Awesome with any type of music. I have no complaints regarding form and function. The only downside is cost, it is not cheap. I waited until I found one of Crutchfield's open box/scratch and dent items for a lower price and couldn't be happier.
Pros: Perfect fit, looks factory Excellent sound quality Can get loud when needed Takes up no room Relatively easy installation
Cons: Cost - Expensive
2 of 2 found this helpful
Definitely the sound and look I was looking for
2 of 2 found this helpful
Note to 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee owners!!!!! For either the '14 or '15 model year many Of the high trim level Jeeps get an Automatic noise cancellation "feature". 2 things about this. 1- upgrading the subwoofer ended up making this a sine wave sweep generator that is annoying as all get out. The Jl sub has a Much higher output and ends up randomly (when the engine goes into cylinder deactivation mode) piping a droning 40-80hz variable sine wave through the sub. I have an SRT model which gives me a workaround. Keep the tranny or vehicle in sport mode and it turns off noise reduction. As a second workaround when I don't want to get 11 mpg in the city I have a remote volume control on my amp. When I hear the drone I just turn the amp down til I don't. Now second and probably more important. The module for the automagic noise reduction is in the back wall of the passenger side of the vehicle and is just large enough that the stealth box is not a perfect fit anymore. It ends up causing the box of only fit on 2 of the 3 sub mounts and being tilted forward. I have been on the phone with mopar, posted to online car mechanics and even mopar Ecu tuners who say it's too tightly integrated to remove the automatic noise reduction system. It ties in to the factory amp and stereo so if you don't want to give up the uconnect then it's something you have to deal with. That said the JL sub is not bad, but it's not as good as others I've had. Factory match is great though and its very s
Pros: Factory look. Way better than the HK "green line" sub
Cons: Box doesn't quite fit perfectly on Automatic Noise cancellation equipped vehicles. I think started with 2015 my
26 of 28 found this helpful
Great sound from a single 10. The original Sub in the Jeep was sad, this solves that problem!
Pros: Great sound, looks stock.
4 of 4 found this helpful
4 of 8 found this helpful
Installing this was easy, thanks to the detailed instructions that was given to me with the purchase. Once installed I put power to it with a JLaudio JX500/1D amp as the factory power provided for the sub isn't enough to power this 10"monster. With everything installed there is no difference with cargo room, I still have all the space that I had before and the carpet on the box matched perfectly. Now for the sound, this thing bumps loud! I was blown away with how loud it is for not even being noticeable. It really provides that deep bass you cannot get with the factory system.
Pros: Easy install Deep bass Fit perfectly Looks great
Cons: A bit too expensive
19 of 19 found this helpful
JL audio w3v3 2 ohms 10 inch is a amazing subwoofer. The stealthbox is 100% accurate and it fits my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee perfectly. I have black interior and the color matches very nicely. I have this subwoofer connected to a JL Audio A1400 Amp at 500 watts RMS at 2ohms and it's connected to the factory head unit. The bass sound is incredible for any type of music and it can literally shake a glass off the car.
Pros: - heavy duty bass - incredible sound quality - matches the car perfectly - custom fiberglass box
29 of 30 found this helpful
More details on the JL Audio Single 10" Stealthbox®
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W3v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this slot-loaded enclosure with a 2Ω load at the enclosure's binding post speaker terminal.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
10 questions already asked