About the JL Audio SB-POL-SLINGSPKR/M770
Sweet sounds for your Slingshot
Sweet sounds for your Slingshot
Get your motor runnin'.....
Is it a car? Is it a motorcycle? Kinda, yes, but it depends on who you ask and when, and who cares anyway, because the Polaris Slingshot is pretty much the most fun you can have on three wheels. One thing it definitely is is noisy, so if you like to listen to music as much as you like to hear a screaming engine, you'll want to upgrade the speakers.
Weatherproof fiberglass pods
That's why JL Audio designed these SB-POL-SLINGSPKR/M770 custom speaker pods for the Slingshot. These weatherproof fiberglass pods mount securely to the frame with the enclosed hardware kit. The pods house JL Audio's M-Series marine component speaker system, each with a 7.7" woofer and a 1” silk dome tweeter that'll sound great whether you're cruising up a mountain road or blasting along a straightaway.
For even more sonic power, add a JL Audio Stealthbox® subwoofer system that's also custom-designed for the Slingshot. Enter your vehicle info to see the whole lineup.
- 7.7" marine component speaker system includes two 7.7" woofers and two 1" tweeters
- injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- 1" treated silk dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover attached to the woofer basket
- UV- and corrosion-resistant Centrex polymer basket and titanium "Sport" grille
- power range: 40-100 watts RMS (175 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 75-150 watts RMS per channel
- custom-designed to fit your Polaris Slingshot
- weatherproof fiberglass pods mount securely to the frame
- mounting hardware included
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94636
What's in the box:
- 2 Custom-designed enclosures with component speakers installed
- 2 Kick-panel brackets
- 4 Stainless-steel clamps
- Two M6 x 25mm screws
- Four 1/4"-20 x 7/8" screw
- Foam tape
- Installation Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio SB-POL-SLINGSPKR/M770
Vehicle Compatibility: The JL Audio SB-POL-SLINGSPKR/M770 is purpose-built for the 2017-up Polaris Slingshot. The SB-POL-SLINGSPKR/M770 consists of two speaker pods which install into the left and right side cockpit structures of your 2017-up Polaris Slingshot (replaces the OEM audio pods, if equipped).
Fiberglass Construction: These custom-engineered, sealed speaker pods are constructed from 100% fiberglass and mount securely to the factory tube frame with the included hardware kit.
M-Series 7.7" Marine Component System: The SB-POL-SLINGSPKR/M770 houses one pair of JL Audio's premium, M-Series 7.7" marine component system to project clean, powerful sound outdoors. The M-Series 7.7" marine component system can handle up 100 watts per channels at 4Ω.
- 7.7" Oversized Woofer: The oversized 7.7" component woofer results in increased efficiency (more output for a given amount of power). Combine that advantage with long excursion and excellent power handling and you have a speaker system truly capable of playing loud and clear outdoors. The woofer cone is constructed of injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene with synthetic rubber surround and specifically formulated UV inhibitors. Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs are used to withstand high humidity. The specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- 1" Silk Dome Tweeter: To keep up with the capabilities of the component woofer, JL Audio employs a 1" pure silk dome tweeter that is specially treated to withstand the outdoor environment. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics. You will appreciate the clean, articulate high-frequency response of the M-Series dome tweeter, especially at higher volume levels
- 2-Way Crossover: A true 2-way passive crossover network is sealed in a protective capsule and mounted to the woofer's frame so that it does not require additional mounting provisions.
Marine-Grade Terminals & Hardware: The JL Audio SB-POL-SLINGSPKR/M770 incorporates gold-plated, marine-grade brass binding-post terminals and comes with marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware.
Optional Subwoofer Systems: The JL SB-POL-SLINGSPKR/M770 works best when used in conjunction with one or two of JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems designed for the Polaris Slingshot (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
1 question already asked