About the JL Audio 94642 PowerSport Stealthbox®
Great bass in your Yamaha
Great bass in your Yamaha
When you're off-road in your Yamaha YXZ, you're in your own world...a world full of adventure and wonder, with something new behind each turn in the trail. What's missing from this picture? Great bass! And JL Audio has the answer for you.
Made in the U.S.A.
JL's Stealthbox® gives you maximum bass and maximum concealment from prying eyes. Designed and made specifically for your vehicle in the U.S.A., the fiberglass enclosure is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand. Its subwoofer is selected specially for the enclosure, ensuring that you'll get the bass you're looking for.
This Stealthbox enclosure fits select 2016-up Yamaha YXZ models, mounting under the driver's seat. This Stealthbox includes one 10TW3-D4 subwoofer from JL Audio, wired for 2-ohm impedance. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
- Stealthbox custom-fit subwoofer
- fiberglass enclosure
- contains one 10TW3-D4 10" subwoofer
- installs under driver's seat
- wired for 2-ohm impedance
- 400 watts RMS power handling
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94642
What's in the box:
- Custom-designed sub enclosure with 10" woofer
- 2 Brackets
- Eight 1/4"-20 x 1" bolts
- Four 1/4" lock-washers
- Four 1/4"-20 hex-nuts
- Front template
- Rear template
- Foam tape
- Installation Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio 94642 PowerSport Stealthbox®
Vehicle Compatibility: The JL Audio SB-Y-YXZ1/10TW3 is purpose-built for the 2016-up Yamaha YXZ1000R. The SB-Y-YXZ1/10TW3 consists of one 10" subwoofer enclosure which mounts securely beneath the driver's seat.
Fiberglass Construction: This custom-engineered, sealed subwoofer enclosure is made from 100% fiberglass with a rugged, weatherproof finish.
10TW3-D4 Subwoofer: The custom-designed sealed enclosure houses one of JL Audio's 10TW3-D4 subwoofers. The 10TW3-D4 features a 10" injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone woofer with a rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response. The 10TW3-D4 is equipped with dual 4Ω voice coils that are wired for a 2Ω mono load at the enclosure's speaker terminals. It can handle up to 400 watts (RMS) and 800 watts (Peak).
- Concentric Tube Suspension: JL Audio's patented Concentric Tube Suspension employs a molded structure which spans beyond the edge of the motor structure, supporting the spider on the outside of the motor's boundaries and the large diameter voice coil on the inside. The large voice coil permits the magnet to sit inside it, rather than surrounding the coil as is typical in most woofers. The concentric tube structure and the elimination of a conventional top-plate helps JL Audio place the motor higher up into the cone body's space to further compress depth, while still permitting excellent mechanical excursion.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the 10TW3-D4 motor remains linear over a long excursion range, and also maintains a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
Marine-Grade Terminals & Hardware: The JL Audio SB-Y-YXZ1/10TW3 incorporates gold-plated, marine-grade brass binding-post terminals and comes with marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware.
Optional Speaker Pods: The JL Audio SB-Y-YXZ1/10TW3 works best when used in conjunction with JL Audio's Stealthbox front speaker system designed for the Yamaha YXZ (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).