About the JL Audio Stealthbox ®
Great bass where you want it
Great bass where you want it
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs these enclosures to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Bass in your truck
This Stealthbox installs under the rear bench seat in your Chevy or GMC truck, and does not affect the folding of the rear seat or restrict your leg room. The enclosure contains two 12TW3-D8 subwoofers wired for a 2-ohm load in a down-firing sealed enclosure, handling up to 800 watts RMS.
- Stealthbox enclosure fits under rear bench seat
- sealed fiberglass downward-firing enclosure with black carpet covering
- two 12" 12TW3-D8 subwoofers
- power handling up to 800 watts RMS
- wired for 2-ohm total impedance
- does not affect folding the rear seat or rear leg room
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 94668
What's in the box:
- Custom subwoofer enclosure
- Two 12" 12TW3-D8 thinline subwoofers (installed)
- Mounting hardware
- Installation instructions
JL Audio Stealthbox ® reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio Stealthbox ®
Vehicle Compatibility: The JL Audio SB-GM-SLVCC4/12TW3 Stealthbox is specifically designed for 2019-Up (Gen 4) Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Trucks. This Stealboth slips under the truck's rear seat and will not affect the folding of the rear seat or rear leg room.
StealthBox Construction: Constructed from 100% fiberglass with a rugged, weatherproof finish, this JL Audio Stealthbox includes all the mounting hardware needed for a secure, great sounding installation. The Stealthbox even has an perfect spot in the middle of the enclosure for a clean, hidden amplifier installation. JL Audio's Stealth box delivers impressive, high-quality bass without losing any of your precious people space or interior functionality.
Dual 12" Woofers: The SB-GM-SLVCC4/12TW3 Stealthbox contains two JL Audio 12TW3-D8 subwoofers in a down-firing sealed enclosure. It can handle a 800 watts of power and is wired for a 2-ohm impedance load.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
Hardware & Terminals: The JL Audio SB-GM-SLVCC4/12TW3 Stealthbox has binding-post terminals and comes with mounting hardware.
14 questions already asked