About the JL Audio VXi-BTC
Required for wireless DSP control
If you're using or planning to use a JL Audio VXi amplifier in your system, you'll probably want to get this VXi-BTC Bluetooth Communicator as well. Once you connect the VXi-BTC to your amp's JLid-COMM port, you'll be able to make wireless DSP adjustments to your VXi amplifier via a compatible smartphone or tablet.
- Bluetooth communicator for JL Audio VXi car amplifiers
- control data only — no streaming function
- allows wireless control over DSP/amp functions through the TüN app on your tablet or smartphone
- Android and iOS tablets use TüN Mobile full-feature DSP app
- Android phones and Apple iPhones use TüN Express basic-feature DSP app
- connects to the amp's JLid-COMM port
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 98412
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth communicator
- Mounting clip (pre-installed on communicator)
- 78" CAT5e network cable
- Two 3/4" Phillips-head screws
- Instruction manual
JL Audio VXi-BTC reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio VXi-BTC
Overview: The JL Audio VXi-BTC is a wireless communication device that uses Bluetooth 5 LE technology to add handheld audio control for VXi series amplifiers such as the VX700/5i, VX1000/5i, and the VX600/2i. The VXi-BTC allows wireless configuration of the amplifier from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone or tablet running JL Audio's TÜN software.
Note: The VXi-BTC only provides control information via Bluetooth and does NOT support audio streaming or hands-free calling.
JLid: The VXi-BTC utilizes JL Audio's proprietary JLid communication protocol for communication settings between devices (non audio). JLid offers two-way communication for accessories such as the VXi-BTC as well as wired system controllers like the DRC-100, DRC-200, DRC-205, and the VXi-HUB optical networking hub. Connection between JLid devices is done through a standard CAT-5e cable. A 6.5' CAT-5e cable is provided with the VXi-BTC, but longer cables can be used if needed. If a longer CAT-5e cable is used, JL Audio recommends using the shortest length possible. All power and ground for the VXi-BTC is provided through the JLid connection from the amp or hub.
TÜN Software: JL Audio's TÜN software allows you to configure, tune, and control your VXi amplifier, as well as other JL Audio DSP products. It provides features such as graphic and parametric EQ, channel assignment, high- and low-pass filtering, phase and polarity adjustment and more. TÜN automatically recognizes what device it's connected to and allows you to make adjustments with a clear interface specially set up for that product. Two different TÜN applications are available for the VXi-BTC which are compatible with most smartphones and tablets:
- TÜN Express: Compatible with iPhone, iPad, as well as Android phones and tablets. This version offers more streamlined options, for a fast and simple amp setup.
- TÜN Mobile: Compatible with both iPad and Android tablets, this gives you the full-featured version of the TÜN software.