About the JL Audio M600/6-24V
Small footprint, big kick
Small footprint, big kick
JL Audio's M600/6 marine amp is small — less than 11" wide — but it delivers a massive amount of power from its compact chassis — 75 watts RMS from each of its six channels. It owes these impressive specs to JL Audio's Class D NexD™ ultra-high-speed switching design, which eliminates the traditional drawbacks of a typical Class D amp to deliver full-bandwidth performance, excellent efficiency, and very low distortion levels.
Great for a variety of applications
You can use this 6-channel amp for a variety of applications. Obviously it can power three pairs of speakers, so you can provide a stereo mix to three separate zones on your boat. You could also use the amp to power four speakers and a sub, while in 5-channel mode. And if you like it loud, the amp can be bridged to 3-channel mode to send three high-performance speakers or subwoofers up to 200 watts RMS each.
Variable high- and low-pass filters tune the sound to match your speakers and subs. JL Audio's optional wired remote lets you adjust the level of two, four, or all six the amp's channels from the helm. The special powder-coat finish, the gasketed control cover, and the stainless-steel hardware all protect this amp against the harsh realities of the marine environment.
Note: This amplifier requires a 24-volt DC power supply and will not work in a standard 12-volt electrical system.
JL Audio M600/6-24 connection panel
- 6-channel 24-volt marine amplifier
- requires 24-volt power supply — amp will not work in a standard 12-volt electrical system
- 75 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 3 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- Class-D amp technology (frequency response: 12-22,000 Hz)
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-500 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- preamp inputs only (100mV to 4V RMS)
- optional remote level control
- white and gray powder-coat finishes, gasketed control cover, and stainless steel hardware
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 30-amp fuse recommended
- 10-5/16"W x 2"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 98625
What's in the box:
- 24 volt 6-Channel marine amplifier
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- JL Audio emblem
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio M600/6-24V
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||75 x 6|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||104 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 6|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 3|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/cotave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/cotave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
24 Volts: The JL Audio M600/6-24V is designed for use in 24 volt electrical systems. It is not compatible with 12 volt systems, and powering it at 12 volts will void the warranty.
Marine Amplifier: The JL Audio M-series marine amplifiers are specifically designed for marine applications. These amps are not waterproof, however, and should not be mounted where they are likely to get wet.
6-Channel Full-Range Amplifier: The M600/6-24V six-channel amplifier is effectively three full range 2-channel amps built into one chassis. Each pair of channels is bridgeable, so the amp can be wired as 6-channel, 5-channel, 4-channel, or 3-channel.
- Power Output: (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 1%
THD+N, 28.8 volts)
- 4Ω: 75 watts RMS x 6
- 2Ω: 100 watts RMS x 6
- 4Ω: 200 watts RMS x 3
- 8Ω: 150 watts RMS x 3
- Signal to Noise Ratio: (A-weighted, 20
Hz to 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- At Rated Power: 104 dB
- At 1 Watt: 84 dB
- Frequency Response: 12 Hz - 22 kHz (+0/-1 dB)
- Damping Factor:
- 4Ω: >150 @ 4Ω/50 Hz
- 2Ω: > 75 @ 2Ω/50 Hz
Advanced Rollback Protection: The M-Series amplifiers employ advanced thermal and low-impedance protection to virtually eliminate annoying amplifier shut-down events. Should the amplifier ever overheat, its intelligent, unregulated power supply reacts by limiting available peak voltage until the amplifier returns to a safe temperature range. Likewise, if an impedance lower than optimal for the amplifier is present at the outputs, the amplifier will roll back peak voltage to protect itself without shutting down.
Differential-Balanced Inputs: The amp features differential-balanced input architecture to control noise and ensure compatibility with a wide variety of source units, including many OEM systems. Without resorting to line output converters, you can directly connect most OEM source units to the JL Audio amplifier without creating any noise or compatibility issues. Unlike conventional single-ended inputs, the differential-balanced design does not connect one side of the audio signal to chassis ground. This eliminates any voltage sensitivity between one input terminal and ground and greatly reduces the incidence of alternator whine.
Note: You will need (up to) three speaker wire-to-RCA adapters (item number 136XDCLR2S, sold separately) to connect speaker level inputs.
Protection Circuitry With Status Indicator Lights: There is a single multi-color LED on the top panel of the amplifier to indicate the amplifier's operating status.
- Flashing Green: powering up and audio output is muted
- Constant Green: on and operating normally
- Constant Red: the amplifier has exceeded its safe operating temperature, putting the amplifier into a self-protection mode, which reduces the power output of the amplifier; the amplifier will return to full-power when the heat sink temperature drops back to a safe level
- Constant Amber (Yellow): an over-current condition has occurred, accompanied by muting the affected channel(s); can be caused by a speaker impedance lower than the optimum or a short-circuit in the speaker wiring
- LED Off: battery voltage drops below 20 volts or remote turn-on voltage drops below 10 volts; the amplifier will turn back on when voltage normalizes
Simplified Gain Setting: JL Audio offers instructions to easily set the input sensitivity (gain) for M-series amplifiers by measuring the output voltage. You'll need a digital AC Voltmeter (1203320, sold separately) and an audio file with a sine wave test tone recorded at 0 dB reference level in the frequency range to be amplified for that set of channels (50 Hz for subwoofer channels, 1 kHz for a midrange application).
Note: The M600/6 has independent gain controls for channels 1/2, 3/4, and 5/6.
Cooling System: The outer shell of the amplifier is designed to remove heat from the interior circuitry. For optimum cooling performance, this outer shell should be exposed to as large a volume of air as possible. Enclosing the amplifier in a small, poorly ventilated chamber can lead to excessive heat build-up and degraded performance.
Control Panel: The control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws are removed with the included 2.5 mm Allen wrench. The rotary controls and recessed slide switches require the use of a narrow flat blade screwdriver (not included) to make adjustments. The CH 1/2, CH 3/4, and CH 5/6 sections of the amplifier have independent gain and crossover controls.
- Gain: three rotary controls; variable from 100mV to 4V
- Input Mode: 3-position switch; 2-channel (all six output channels fed using one pair of inputs connected to the CH 1/2 RCAs), 4-channel (inputs connected to CH 1/2 and CH 3/4 RCAs, CH 5/6 output is the sum of those inputs), 6-channel (discrete inputs used for all six channels)
- Filter Mode: three independent 3-position switches; select low-pass, high-pass, or full-range
- Frequency: three independent rotary controls; variable from 50 Hz to 500 Hz (actually 49-483 Hz); 12dB/octave slope
- Remote Level Mode: 3-position switch; the optional wired remote can be set to control channels 5/6, 3/4 and 5/6, or all six channels
Power/Speaker Terminals: The amplifier features screw clamp terminals for the power, ground, remote turn-on, and speaker output connections.
- Power and Ground: accept up to 4-gauge wire; 8-gauge minimum is recommended; use the included 2.5mm Allen wrench to make connections
- Remote Turn-On: accepts up to 8-gauge wire; use the included 2.5mm Allen wrench to make connections
- Speaker Outputs: six pair of terminals; accept up to 8-gauge wire; use the included 2.5mm Allen wrench to make connections
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 30-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 30-amps, the original should be replaced with a 30-amp fuse.
Preamp Inputs: The amplifier features 3 pair of differential-balanced RCA input jacks, labeled CH 1/2, CH 3/4, and CH 5/6.
Remote Level Control: The amplifier features a standard telephone connector for adding an optional wired remote level control. With the addition of the optional HD-RLC (item number 136HDRLC, sold separately), you can remotely control the output level of two, four, or all six channels of the M600/6-24V. If desired, multiple M-series amplifiers can be controlled from a single HD-RLC controller using a simple phone line splitter and multiple phone cables (all sold separately).
Note: All inputs and outputs are located on one side of the amplifier to make installation simple and neat.