About the JL Audio MV1000/1
1,000 watts of bass
1,000 watts of bass
JL Audio's MV1000/1 mono subwoofer amplifier can put out up to 1000 watts RMS for your sub. JL Audio designed this amp to be paired with one or more of their multi-channel MVi Series amplifiers, with the signal routing and processing controlled by the TüN™ software connected to the MVi "master" amp, and this mono amp acting as "slave." You can use the MV1000/1 without an MVi DSP amplifier, but you'll need an active subwoofer crossover for the input signal. The amp also features preamp outputs, so you could set up a larger subwoofer system, for example, by sending those preamp signals on to a separate amplifier for another sub.
Remote control only
You set this amp's gain from your compatible device running JL Audio's TüN™ software.
- PC and Mac OS: TüN 3.0 — requires a USB connection (6' cable included with amp)
- Android and iOS tablets: TüN Mobile — requires Bluetooth connection and the VXi-BTC Bluetooth communicator (sold separately)
- Android phones and Apple iPhones: TüN Express (for Basic setups only) — requires Bluetooth connection and the VXi-BTC Bluetooth communicator (sold separately)
Other accessories you may want with this amp
This MV amplifier features JLid™ inter-device connection ports for JL Audio's proprietary network system for controlling data. The DRC-205 digital remote control lets you adjust the master volume, subwoofer level, switch between up to six preset tunings, and indicates the amp's status via LED. An optional MVi-HUB marine network hub comes in handy when you have three or more MV and MVi amps in your system, coordinating all the adjustments and controls.
MV1000/1 connection panel
- marine mono subwoofer amplifier
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 1,000 watts RMS at 2 ohms
- Class D amplifier design with NexD2™ switching amp technology
- cast-alloy chassis with marine-grade powder coat finish and corrosion-resistant hardware and connectors
- water-resistance rating IPX2 (can take an indirect splash) when mounted vertically with connections pointed downward
- gain adjustments made with JL Audio's TüN app (PC and Mac) via USB, via Bluetooth (tablets and phones) with BTC Bluetooth option
- preamp/speaker-level inputs
- speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input
- high-level inputs — up to 16 volts RMS (about 60 watts)
- DC offset or signal sensing auto turn-on eliminates need for remote lead
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise coming from your vehicle's electrical system
- 2 analog preamp outputs (4V RMS)
- JLid™ connections for optional Network Hub, Bluetooth Communicator, and Digital Remote Control
- USB connection for device running TüN app (6-foot cable included)
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and an 80-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 14"W x 2-1/16"H x 6-15/16"D
- weight: 5.6 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 98645
What's in the box:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Power connector
- One 10" Speaker output harnesses
- 6' USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Type B USB on other)
- 2 RCA Terminal covers (installed)
- Four 1" Stainless steel screws
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Connection guide
- On-line registration card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio MV1000/1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-500 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||87 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
MVi Amplifiers: Unlike other JL Audio MVi-series amplifiers, this amp is not equipped with a digital signal processor (DSP). It's not designed to stand alone; the idea is to add this MV1000/1 to a full range MVi-series amp, which will provide the DSP configured pre-amp level subwoofer signal for this amp. JL Audio's TüN software is still used, but only to set the input gain. The MV1000/1 can be used without another MVi-series amp, but using an active subwoofer crossover upstream is necessary.
TüN Software: The free TüN software is used to set the MV1000/1's input gain. TüN software is available for Windows PC and Apple computers. TüN Mobile is available for iPad and Android tablets, while TüN Express works with iPhone and Android smartphones. Using TüN software with your tablet or smartphone requires downloading the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play and adding the optional VXi-BTC Bluetooth Communicator.
Controls: The MV1000/1 mono Class D amplifier does not have traditional control knobs and switches for setup. Instead, the input sensitivity is set using the TüN software.
Mounting: The keyhole slots on the flanges make vertical mounting easier (with the connections pointed downward), maintaining the amp's IPX2 rating.
Power Output: The MV1000/1 power specifications are as follows:
| Rated RMS
Power @ 14.4V |
|600 watts x 1||4Ω|
|800 watts x 1||3Ω|
|1,000 watts x 1||2Ω|
| Rated RMS
Power @ 12.5V |
|500 watts x 1||4Ω|
|650 watts x 1||3Ω|
|800 watts x 1||2Ω|
Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The MV1000/1 features a removable plug with screw clamp terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on cables. This allows you to pre-connect the wires to the connector, then plug it into the amplifier. The +12 volt and ground terminals will accept up to 2-gauge wire. (JL Audio recommends 4-gauge minimum.) The remote turn-on terminal will accept up to 10-gauge wire. (JL Audio recommends 18-gauge minimum.) The included 3mm and 2.5mm Allen wrenches are used to tighten/loosen the clamps.
Note: The amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 80-amp fuse or circuit breaker (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If this is the only amplifier connected and a wiring kit is used with a fuse other than 80-amps, the original should be replaced with an 80-amp fuse.
Speaker Output Harnesses: The speaker output wiring is connected to the amplifier. The plug on the wires mates to the included 10" speaker harness. The other ends of the harness has no terminal, just bare wire.
Signal Input: The amplifier has one pair of stereo RCA inputs that accept either pre-amp or speaker-level signals. When using a speaker-level input signal, use a speaker wire to RCA adaptor (sold separately) to connect the amplifier to the source unit via speaker wires.
Note: The input signal must have the non-subwoofer frequencies already filtered out. The MV1000/1 has no built-in crossover.
Line Output: There is one pair of preamp level RCA output jacks. The signal from the RCA inputs is passed directly to the RCA outputs. Leave the factory cover installed if the output is not used.
USB: A Type B USB port is provided for connecting the amp to your computer and interfacing with the TüN software. A 6' Type A to USB-B cable is included.
JLid-COMM: This RJ-45 port is used to connect optional accessories:
- Bluetooth: VXi-BTC Bluetooth Communicator for wireless communication with Apple or Android smartphones and tablets
- Hub: MVi-HUB network Hub for connecting up to six MVi series amplifiers (ten with two MVi-HUBs); allows synchronizing DSP controls
- Remote: DRC-205 digital wired remote control; adjust output levels and DSP presets
- Frequency Response: 12-500 Hz (+0, -1 dB)
- Input Voltage Range (RCA inputs): 250mV - 8V RMS
- RCA Output Voltage: 4 volts RMS (maximum)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- At 1 watt: 60 dB
- At rated output: 87 dB
- Damping Factor:
- 50 Hz @ 4Ω: >400 dB
- 50 Hz @ 2Ω: >300 dB
- Standby Current Draw: 3.6 mA