About the JL Audio MVi-Hub
For multi-MVi amp users
- connects multiple MVi Series amps to create a networked configuration
- connects one "master" MVi amp and up to five secondary MVi or MV amps
- connects to the JLid-COMM port on your MVi amps via Cat5 Ethernet cables
- USB port for firmware updates only
- TüN software controlled by master MVi amplifier
- amplifier status LEDs
- wiring not included
- cast-alloy chassis with marine-grade powder coat finish and corrosion-resistant hardware
- water-resistance rating IPX2 (can take an indirect splash) when mounted vertically with connections pointed downward
- dimensions: 11-1/4"W x 2-1/16"H x 4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 98652
What's in the box:
- Network hub
- Two 1" Stainless steel screws
- Connection guide
- On-line registration card
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio MVi-Hub
Overview: The MVi-HUB is a network hub for up to six MVi series marine amplifiers, providing communication and control over JL Audio's JLid system, via standard CAT-5e cables. JLid is JL Audio's proprietary communication protocol for control settings between devices, designed to simplify the control of a networked system of amplifiers, allowing them to appear in a single TüN software file. Networking synchronizes the DSP presets of all the amplifiers and distributes commands from an optional remote control (sold separately) across the entire amplifier network. Remote commands can include master volume, subwoofer level, fader, zone volume, and preset selection (functionality varies somewhat by amplifier model).
Mounting: The keyhole slots on the flanges of the hub make vertical mounting easier (with the connections pointed downward), maintaining the unit's IPX2 rating.
Connections and Controls:
- JLid-COMM: For data networking purposes, the MVi-HUB has one master and five secondary JLid-COMM ports, allowing up to six MVi or MV series amplifiers to be networked using standard CAT-5e cables. (The master port must have one of the full range MVi amplifiers connected; the other five ports support MVi or MV amplifiers.)
- JLid-CTRL: The control port allows adding
one of the optional control accessories (sold separately):
- Remote: By using the MVi-DCRADAPT marine adapter, you can add the DRC 205 wired remote to control the system. Remote commands can include master volume, subwoofer level, fader, zone volume, and preset selection (functionality varies by amplifier model).
- Bluetooth: With the VXi-BTC Bluetooth communicator you can adjust the amps using the TüN Express app on your iPhone or Android smartphone. (We suggest you use the full TüN program on your laptop or tablet to tune the system; TüN Express on your smartphone offers a much more basic set of controls.)
- NMEA 2000: This port is not currently used. It's possible there could be a future update enabling communication and control over a NMEA 2000 network, but no such functionality has been announced at this time.
- USB: This port might be used in the future for firmware updates.
Note: For ease of connection, the MVi-HUB is powered by the connected amplifiers; it requires no separate power or turn-on wiring. (MVi-HUB operation requires at least one MVi amplifier connection.)