About the JL Audio MMR-40
More control for your MediaMaster®
More control for your MediaMaster®
JL Audio's MMR-40 wired remote works with your boat's MediaMaster marine receiver and your NMEA 2000 network. All the receiver's screen info is mirrored on to the easy-to-read 2.8” LCD screen, and all functions can be accessed through the eight buttons and a rotary knob. You'll enjoy outstanding MediaMaster performance from the stern or wherever you install the remote.
Connects to your NMEA 2000 network
This rugged, full-function remote is a great way to add even more convenient control to your boat's audio system. Used with a NMEA 2000 Micro-C connector (not included), this remote will interface with the boat's network and automatically recognize the MediaMaster receiver. It has its own display theme and day/night lighting controls, so you have plenty of installation and display flexibility.
Ready for the outdoors
The MMR-40 is made for life in the outdoors, so it'll stand up to the salt, spray, sunlight, and shocks of marine use. This tough remote is IP66-rated for water resistance, and comes with a protective sun cover.
Note: The MMR-40 is not a stand-alone receiver. It only works when connected to a JL Audio MediaMaster receiver.
- wired marine remote control
- works with MediaMaster receiver
- NMEA 2000® certified (cables not included)
- 2.8" color LCD display
- 8 pushbuttons and a 3-way rotary knob
- independent day/night display themes and lighting controls
- IP66 rated for water resistance
- protective sun cover included
- front-panel measurements: 4-11/16"W x 3-3/4"H x 1" D
- mounting hole measurements: 3-11/16"W x 3-1/16"H x 2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99910
What's in the box:
- NMEA 2000 remote controller
- Trim-ring (pre-installed)
- Ferrite core
- Protective sun cover
- 4 Screws
- Cardboard template
- User Manual
More details on the JL Audio MMR-40
NMEA2000 Remote Controller: Outfitted with a NMEA 2000 Micro-C connector, the JL Audio MMR-40 interfaces directly with vessel networks to automatically recognize the connected host JL Audio MediaMaster source unit (sold separately). All host source unit controls and screen info are then mirrored onto the MMR-40's full-color, 2.8" LCD screen, resulting in a complete MediaMaster user experience.
Compatibility: The MMR-40 is a NMEA 2000 network remote controller designed to add full-function, auxiliary control to MediaMaster source units (including the MM100S BE, MM50, and MM80-HR - all sold separately).
Note: The MMR-40 is not a stand-alone unit and does not function without a connected MediaMaster source unit (sold separately). All remote control functionality of the MMR-40 is solely derived from the host source unit.
NMEA 2000 Certified (LEN 4): The JL Audio MMR-40 is NMEA 2000 Certified (LEN 4). It will Interface directly with vessel networks using applicable NMEA 2000 cables and connectors (not included).
Weatherproof (IP66): Engineered for real-world marine (and many outdoor) applications, the JL Audio MMR-40 NMEA 2000 remote controller features a weatherproof (IP66 rated) chassis and is built to withstand the harshest environments. A protective sun cover is also included when not in use.
Note: While the MMR-40 is designed to be water-resistant, it should never be submerged under water or subjected to high-pressure water spray. Do not install the remote in areas of extreme heat.
2.8" LCD Screen: The JL Audio MMR-40 NMEA 2000 network remote controller is equipped with an easy-to-read, high-brightness, 2.8" full-color LCD screen with a resolution of 320 x 240. The MMR-40 offers independent day/night display themes and lighting controls. All off your MediaMaster host source unit screen information is mirrored onto the MMR-40's 2.8" LCD screen.
Backlit Controls: The JL Audio MMR-40 offers large backlit controls that consist of eight push-buttons and one 3-way rotary knob. All off your MediaMaster host source unit's controls can be operated through the MMR-40 NMEA2000 network remote.
- 3-Way Rotary Knob: Rotate the knob to adjust volume and scroll through menu options. Press the knob to select menu options.
- Power/Source Button: Press to turn unit On. Once unit is on, press again to change sources. Press and hold to turn unit Off.
- Menu/Black Button: Press to access available menu options and to go back or return to the previous screen.
- Favorites Button: Press and hold to store a channel/station as a preset. Press to view your list of stored presets and to access your Favorites.
- Settings Button: Press to access Tone, Balance, & Crossover menu. Press and hold to access the System Settings and Main Menu.
- Forward/Backward Buttons: Press to tune in the next or previous frequency, station, or track. Press and hold to seek the next or previous channel or fast-forward/rewind a track.
- Play/Pause/Mute Button: Press to mute/un-mute or pause/resume audio playback. Press and hold to access available Play options.
- Day/Night Button: Press to toggle between Day/Night display settings. Press and hold to access System display settings.
Mounting Options: The MediaMaster MMR-40 requires a rectangular cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. Four screws (supplied) fasten the unit against the mounting surface, and hold the waterproof gasket against the bulkhead. A cardboard template is supplied to assist you with the cutout and drilling the screw holes.
- Chassis Size (Cutout): 3.675" (w) x 3.065" (h) x 2.0" (d)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 4.685 (w) x 3.755" (h) x 1.0" (d)
- Screw Hole Spacing: 4.145" (w) x 1.985" (w)
Connections: The MMR-40 is equipped with a NMEA 2000 Micro-C connector to interface with vessel networks using applicable NMEA 2000 cables and connectors (sold separately). A USB type-A connector is also included and used for future software updates.