About the JL Audio C2650
JL Audio's Evolution C2 Series speakers
JL Audio's Evolution C2 Series speakers
JL Audio's Evolution C2 Series speakers bring precision sound to your vehicle. They'll reproduce subtle elements of your music like delicate woodwinds or soprano vocals, then turn on a dime to deliver the deep thrum of the bass or thunder of the drums.
Silk tweeter delivers smooth highs
The C2-650 component system features 6-1/2" woofers with rugged polypropylene cones that can handle high power without distortion, so you get full-bodied low tones you can really feel. The separate 3/4" silk dome tweeters serve up smooth-sounding high frequencies that won't tax your ears, adding a satisfying dose of realism to your soundstage.
JL Audio includes surface- and flush-mount hardware so you'll be able to install the tweeters in the best possible location in your vehicle. External crossovers, featuring 3-level tweeter control, make sure your tunes play smoothly across the whole musical spectrum.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6-1/2" injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- external crossover network with 3 tweeter levels (0, -2, +2 dB)
- 4-ohm impedance
- handles up to 60 watts RMS (225 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 59-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- woofer grilles included
- depth: 2-7/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99617
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (with 6" wires attached)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Self-adhesive JL Audio badges
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings
- 2 Surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Metal spring clips for tweeter fixtures
- 2 M4x30mm Pan-head machine screws
- 2 Crimp-on 0.187" Male quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.110" Male quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.205" Female quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.110" Female quick slides
- Four 7/8" Flat head self-tapping screws
- Twelve 1-1/8" Pan head self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 12 Crimp-on spade connectors
- Owner's Manual
- Woofer cutout template
More details on the JL Audio C2650
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Mica-filled Poly|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||91|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||59 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||15|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||60|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||225|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 9/16|
Woofers: The JL Audio Evolution C2-650 component speakers feature injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone woofers with butyl rubber surrounds. The woofer has a 1.0" voice coil on a Kapton Former, a flat symmetrical roll spider, and a Ferrite magnet.
Tweeters: The system features ¾" silk dome, ferrofluid-cooled tweeters with a damping neodymium magnet. Silk is lightweight and great for high frequency extension and efficiency. It is also designed for durability in the extreme automotive environment. Flush and surface tweeter mounting brackets are included.
|Frame Diameter||Cutout Diameter||Mounting Height||Mounting Depth|
|Surface Mount||1.692"||Screw holes only||0.939"||Screw depth only|
Two-way Crossover System: The C2 component system utilizes a true 2-way crossover system with Mylar capacitors and air-core inductors:
- High Pass: second order (12 dB/octave slope); three tweeter level settings are selectable via jumper pins: +2.0 dB, Reference, and -3.0 dB
- Low Pass: first order (6 dB/octave slope)
Tweeter Protection: The crossover network has an electronic tweeter protection circuit built in; it monitors the current and disconnects the tweeter when it senses and overload. The circuit automatically resets once the overload is removed.
Crossover Wiring: The terminal strip will accept bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.31" wide.
- Width: 3.365"
- Height: 1.445"
- Depth: 4.732" (plus wire)
Connection Note: The C2 component system comes with no speaker wire. Instead, a number of spade connectors and quick slides are included in the hardware pack to be crimped onto speaker wire you provide.
Size Classification Note: Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size speaker as a 6¾", while some manufacturers, including JL Audio, call it a 6½". Please refer to the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector for the proper size of speaker for your vehicle.
Power Handling: JL Audio publishes several power specifications for this speaker system, 60 watts continuous power handling (RMS), 225 watts peak music power, and 15-100 watts recommended amplifier power (RMS). We've listed the conservative combination of 15-60 watts RMS in the specs table.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked