About the JL Audio C3-650
Versatile speaker system for any space
Versatile speaker system for any space
JL Audio's Evolution C3 speaker systems allow you to choose the best configuration for great sound in your vehicle. Mount the woofers and tweeters separately, and a C3 component system will fill your car with incredibly detailed, rich, and crystal-clear music, perfectly positioned in your listening space. In vehicles with limited space, you can mount the C3 tweeter inside the woofer to create a full-range, coaxial speaker that still performs with breathtaking impact.
Advanced material construction leads to clean musical reproduction
The C3-650 component system uses a 6-1/2" mica-filled polypropylene woofer that covers the midrange and low frequencies strongly and accurately. A specially designed frame resists unwanted resonances, keeping your music free from interference. If you mount the tweeter separately, simply install a phase plug into the woofer and the sound will disperse smoothly throughout your vehicle.
Silk tweeters and versatile crossover networks
The C3 tweeters use ferrofluid cooling to handle extreme levels of high-frequency information without overheating. Mounted separately or coaxially, these 1" silk dome tweeters broadcast crisp musical detail evenly without harshness. Separate, outboard crossovers use premium components to direct the signal flow to your woofers and tweeters. You can select from three midrange settings and four levels of tweeter presence to match the speaker system to your listening environment.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
Priced per pair
- component speaker system includes two 6-1/2" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and two woofer grilles
- mica-filled polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- glass-filled polymer frame with Elevated Frame Cooling
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with adjustments for coaxial or separate tweeter placement, and 4-position tweeter level
- tweeter mounts for separate or coaxial installations included
- phase plug provided when tweeter mounted separately
- handles up to 75 watts RMS (150 watts peak)
- frequency response: 48-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- depth: 2-9/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99022
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings
- 2 Surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Coaxial mount tweeter fixtures
- 2 Metal spring clips for tweeter fixtures
- Two M4x30mm Pan-head machine screws
- 2 Crimp-on 0.187" Male quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.110" Male quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.25" Female quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.187" Female quick slides
- 4 Crimp-on 0.110" Female quick slides
- 12 Crimp-on spade connectors
- Four 1" Flat head self-tapping screws
- Twelve 1-1/8" Pan head self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Owner's manual
- Woofer cutout template
JL Audio C3-650 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio C3-650
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Mineral-filled poly|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||90|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||48 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||25|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||75|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||225|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/4|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 9/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.344|
Woofers: The JL Audio Evolution C3-650 convertible component system includes woofers with injection-molded polymer frames, mineral filled polypropylene cones, rubber surrounds, ferrite magnets, and 1" voice coils with Kapton formers. In the center of each cone is a phase plug; the phase plug can be removed and the tweeter mounted in its place to create a coaxial speaker.
Tweeters: The 1" silk dome tweeters are Ferro fluid cooled and use neodymium magnets. Silk is lightweight and great for high frequency extension and efficiency. It is also designed for durability in the extreme automotive environment. Flush mount and surface mount housings are included, along with fixtures to coaxially mount the tweeters to the woofers.
|Frame Diameter||Cutout Diameter||Mounting Height||Mounting Depth|
|Surface Mount||1.926"||Screw holes only||0.981"||Screw depth only|
Coaxial Mounting: The tweeters can be mounted in the center of the woofers to create coaxial speakers. When the tweeters are mounted to the woofers the speaker is taller; the mounting height increases to 0.775", 0.575" for the tweeter protrusion.
Two-way Crossover System: The C3 component system utilizes a 2-way crossover system with Mylar capacitors and air-core inductors:
- High Pass: second order (12 dB/octave slope); four tweeter level settings are selectable to compensate for mounting location or orientation; +2.0 dB, Reference, -2 dB, and -4 dB
- Low Pass: first order (6 dB/octave slope)
- Midrange Presence: there are three settings that affect the amplitude of the upper midrange response, designed to compensate for mounting location or orientation; choose High, Reference, or Low
Tweeter Protection: The crossover network has an electronic tweeter protection circuit built in; it monitors the current and disconnects the tweeter when it senses and overload. The circuit automatically resets once the overload is removed.
Crossover Wiring: The terminal strip will accept bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.32" wide (the included crimp-on spade connectors are 0.255" wide).
- Width: 3.368"
- Height: 1.415"
- Depth: 4.739" (plus wire)
Connection Note: The C3 component system comes with no speaker wire. Instead, a number of spade connectors and quick slides are included in the hardware pack to be crimped onto speaker wire you provide.
Size Classification Note: Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size speaker as a 6-3/4", while some manufacturers, including JL Audio, call it a 6-1/2". Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Power Handling: JL Audio publishes several power specifications for this speaker, 75 watts continuous power handling (RMS), 225 watts peak music power, and 25-150 watts recommended amplifier power (RMS). We've listed the conservative combination of 25-75 watts RMS in the specs table.
4 questions already asked