About the JL Audio C5-525
An evolved choice
An evolved choice
JL Audio's Evolution™ C5 premium component speaker systems reproduce your music with impressive fidelity and power. Your music will sound smooth and balanced, from the splash of the high-hat to the thump of an electric bass, and everything in between.
The C5-525 5-1/4" component system features a pair of silk dome tweeters that broadcast all the musical details without a hint of harshness. JL Audio built the 5-1/4" woofers for extended cone travel so they'll move more air, putting more oomph in your music when the rhythm section kicks in. These woofers use the same patented cooling technology developed for the ZR Series speakers, allowing the C5 speakers to play with a wide dynamic range at all volumes.
The C5 crossovers feature 4-position tweeter and 3-position midrange levels that give you 12 possible adjustment combinations for exceptional control over the final sound.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
Priced per pair
- component speaker system includes two 5-1/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and two woofer grilles
- mineral-filled polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- cast alloy frame with Elevated Frame Cooling
- 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with 4-position tweeter level and 3-position midrange control
- 4-ohm impedance
- handles up to 75 watts RMS power (225 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 53-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88.5 dB
- depth: 2-3/8"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99100
What's in the box:
- 2 C5-525cw Woofers
- 2 C5-075ct Tweeters installed in flush-mount fixtures (with attached 6" speaker wires)
- 2 C5-525-XO Crossovers
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Self-adhesive JL Audio badges
- 2 Tweeter mounting rings
- Butyl adhesive putty for woofer grilles
- 2 Metal spring clips for tweeter fixtures
- Two 1-1/4" pan-head machine screws
- Twelve 1-1/4" self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 12 Crimp-on spade connectors
- 2 Crimp-on 6.4mm female quick slides
- 4 Crimp-on 4.7mm female quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 2.8mm female quick slides
- 4 Crimp-on 2.8mm male quick slides
- Owner's Manual
- Woofer cutout template
JL Audio C5-525 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio C5-525
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||5 1/4|
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Soft dome|
|Woofer Composition||Mineral-filled poly|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||88.5|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||53 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||25|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||75|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||225|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 1/2|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.255|
Cast Alloy Baskets: The Evolution C5 component speakers feature cast alloy woofer baskets, while incorporating JL Audio's patented "Elevated Frame" cooling system. This cooling technology, also found on the flagship ZR component systems and W7 and W6v2 subwoofers, allows air to flow directly across the top plate and onto the voice coil windings to greatly improve linearity at all listening levels.
Motor Structure: The DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis)-optimized motor structure achieve outstanding linearity.
Woofer Cones: The cone and suspension elements were designed and manufactured by the world-famous Dr. Kurt Müller & Co of Germany. The speakers feature low-mass, mineral-filled polypropylene cones with butyl rubber surrounds. The cone and surround are inherently well damped to deliver an uncolored, neutral midrange without any coloration. The speakers are also equipped with symmetrical-roll, hybrid-weave spiders.
Power Handling: JL Audio publishes several power specifications for this speaker, 75 watts continuous power handling (RMS), 225 watts peak music power, and 25-150 watts recommended amplifier power (RMS). We've listed the conservative combination of 25-75 watts RMS in the specs table.
Silk Domes: The C5 component system's 3/4" silk dome tweeters is incredibly smooth on- and off-axis for accurate imaging and a big, stable soundstage.
Neodymium Magnets: The small neodymium magnets and small chassis give it excellent placement flexibility.
Performance: Each pair of C5 tweeters is tested and matched to within 1 dB of JL Audio's reference curve to ensure optimum system performance.
Mounting Options: The tweeters come mounted in JL Audio's RSR mounting system to permit precise angling of the tweeters after installation. There are five available positions for angling the tweeter inside the flush mount. The mounting dimensions are as follows:
- Mounting Depth: 0.56" (1.67" screw depth)
- Mounting Height: 0.36"
- Frame Diameter: 1.758"
- Cutout Diameter: 1.49"
Two-way Crossover System: The C5 component system utilizes a true 2-way crossover system:
- High Pass: On the tweeters is a second order high-pass filter utilizing premium Mylar capacitors combined with an air-core inductor. Four tweeter level settings are selectable via jumper pins: +2.0dB, Reference, -1.5dB, and -3.0dB.
- Low Pass: The low-pass section features a first order filter with three levels of user-definable midrange presence: Low, Reference, and High.
Polyswitch: Polyswitch tweeter protection is incorporated into each C5 component system crossover system.
Barrier Strips: Connections to each crossover network are made via protected nickel-plated barrier strips.
Dimensions: The C5 crossover systems have the following dimensions:
- Width: 4.17"
- Height: 5.86"
- Depth: 1.696"
Connection Note: The C5 component system comes with no speaker wire. Instead, a number of spade connectors and quick slides are included in the hardware pack to be crimped onto speaker wire you provide.
The JL Audio C5-525 replaces these items