About the JL Audio CL-SES
Use the CL-SES source expander switch to add extra auxiliary inputs to your CleanSweep signal processor. This high-quality switcher lets you choose from up to three different input sources with a manually operated switch or through automatic signal sensing.
You can also add this versatile device to almost any system that has an auxiliary input, including most aftermarket in-dash receivers. Once it's installed, you'll enjoy the convenience of choosing your audio source without having to mess around with patch cords or mini-jack cables.
- audio source selector for use with the CL441dsp CleanSweep or any auxiliary input
- switch between up to three different audio sources
- manual switching or automatic signal sensing
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 98114
What's in the box:
- CL-SES Source Expander Switch
- Manual source selector button with attached 6' cable terminated by a male 3.5mm minijack connector and a nut and ring installed on selector button
- 39" power connection harness with in-line fuse holder and 1A AGC fuse
- 2 RCA shorting-plugs (installed)
- Owner's Manual
JL Audio CL-SES reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio CL-SES
Overview: JL Audio CleanSweep CL-SES is a high-quality audio source switch that allows you to select from up to three input devices via automatic signal sensing or a manually operated switch. This gives you the freedom to install your choice of audio sources, without resorting to weak sounding FM modulators or cassette adaptors. The CL-SES can be used to expand the auxiliary input capabilities of the CleanSweep CL441dsp or any head unit that provides an auxiliary line-level input, including many OEM head units.
Differential-Balanced RCA Inputs: The CL-SES utilizes differential-balanced RCA inputs to provide superior noise immunity and ensure compatibility with a wide range of source units.
CMOS Switching: Advanced, solid-state CMOS switching ensures clean, distortion-free audio with no mechanical contacts to wear or corrode. Switching between source unit can be accomplished via automatic signal sensing or a manually operated witch which is included with the CL-SES Source Expander Switch interface module.
- Automatic Switching Mode: Automatic Mode uses signal-sensing to switch between source units plugged into the CL-SES interface. You determine which source units have priority over others by plugging them into to the appropriate inputs on the CL-SES and then select between them simply by turning them on or off. When switching from an higher priority source to a lower priority source the CL-SES will delay switching by 10-12 seconds. This prevents undesired switching during quiet passages in a track and/or silence between tracks. If a track has an unusually long quiet passages or a very long fade in or fade out, the CL-SES may switch unexpectedly.
- Manual Switching Mode: Manual Mode uses the included remote push-button to switch between source units. When you are finished with a particular source, press the switch to go the next source. Active inputs switch in sequence from A to B to C and then back to A. In Manual Mode, the CL-SES will remember the last Aux Input source selected when the vehicle is turned off and return to that source when the vehicle is restarted. The push-button switch features an attached 6' cord terminated by a male 3.5mm minijack connector which plugs into the CL-SES expander. The push-button switch is designed to be flush mounted to a flat surface of your vehicle such as the dash or console within reach of the driver. The outer diameter of the switch measures 0.557" while the cut-out diameter measures 0.493". The cut-out depth of the switch measure 0.4375".
Level-Trim Controls: Level-Trim controls are provided for each input to aid in achieving equal sound levels between sources plugged into the CL-SES expander module and your headunit. If your AUX source unit gives you the option of a fixed line-level output or a variable output (controlled by its volume control), use the fixed line-level output for best fidelity.
LED Indicators: Each input has a corresponding LED indicator (located on the top panel of the CL-SES) to indicate when it is the active input.
Connections: The CL-SES features the following connections.
- Power Connector: The CL-SES has a three-wire inline jack which connects to the supplied power/ground harness. The harness features a Ground lead, +12V Switched Power lead, and a +12V Constant Power lead. Since the CL-SES does no draw much current during operation, 18 AWG to 16 AWG wire is ample for making all of these connections.
- Manual Override Connector: To operate the CL-SES in Manual Mode, connect the included push-button switch to this 3.5mm minijack port.
- Output Connection: Two RCA-type jacks provide two-channels of analog audio output to feed the auxiliary input of your headunit or OEM Interface Processor. You will need either a stereo RCA cable (sold separately) or Mini to Stereo RCA cable (sold separately) to make this connection depending on auxiliary input of your headunit or OEM Audio Processor.
- Input Connections: The CL-SES accepts up to three separate stereo input sources via six RCA-type jacks located on one end of the main chassis. The input architecture is setup in a differential-balanced configuration, making these inputs compatible with virtually any analog audio signal. To connect an auxiliary source, you will need standard RCA-type audio interconnect cables (not included). For sources that use a 3.5mm minijack plug you will need a Mini to Stereo RCA adapter cable (sold separately). The input connections on the CL-SES are labeled as follows - AUX INPUT A (first priority), AUX INPUT B (second priority), and AUX INPUT C (third priority).