About the JL Audio Dominion™ d110
Superior sound from a space-saving design
Superior sound from a space-saving design
When it comes to serving up intense, heart-pounding bass, JL Audio knows their stuff. After all, JL subs have been thrilling our customers for years. Now they've put all of that experience and know-how into their Dominion series subwoofers. This compact design combines signature JL Audio performance and value with a smaller footprint that's ideal for use where space is at a premium.
Long-excursion driver and serious power pumps out heavy bass
The d110's excellent performance starts with its beefy 10" driver. This woofer's extremely long, peak-to-peak excursions — well in excess of 2-11/16" — can displace a large amount of air, to produce the deepest bass. JL Audio uses sophisticated DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis) technology, which lets them shape, control and stabilize the driver's magnetic field strength to ensure ultra-linear motor force throughout its long excursion range. This allows the woofer to more faithfully track the input signal for greater bass definition and dynamics.
It also takes a special amp to power the d110's driver. Fortunately, the 750-watt powerhouse JL employs is more than up to the task. This advanced Class D amplifier uses a tightly regulated switching power supply to provide enormous amounts of unclipped voltage. This design approach allows the amplifier to be more compact, lightweight, and efficient, yet still deliver abundant low-distortion power to extract peak performance from the sub's driver.
To top things off, every d110 powered sub is precision-built in JL Audio's U.S. factory in Miramar, Florida using advanced assembly techniques. Each enclosure is carefully engineered and constructed with solid MDF and extensive internal bracing to give you years of listening excitement.
- frequency response: 25-118 Hz (-3dB)
- advanced 750-watt RMS Class D amplifier with tightly regulated switching power supply
- front-firing, long-throw 10" woofer
- sealed (acoustic suspension) enclosure
- continuously variable master level volume control
- continuously variable crossover (25-130 Hz)
- continuously variable phase control (0-280°)
- polarity switch (0°, 180°) can help smooth the transition between subwoofer and main speakers
- grounded/isolated switch can reduce any low-frequency hum coming through the line-level audio inputs
- crossover switch to turn subwoofer's internal crossover on or off
- signal-sensing auto-on/standby power modes (this subwoofer does not have a power switch)
- RCA line-level/LFE inputs
- speaker-level inputs
- compatible with the JL Audio JLINK TRX wireless audio adapter kit for an easy connection to a sound system
- black ash vinyl finish
- 12"W x 13-7/16"H x 15-7/8"D
- weight: 38.2 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 96283
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- Grille (attached)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Speaker wire plug
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration
More details on the JL Audio Dominion™ d110
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||25-130Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||750|
|Frequency Response||25-118 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Dominion Series Powered Sub: JL Audio's Dominion series powered subwoofers combine a state-of-the-art subwoofer driver and an advanced Class D amplifier to deliver unmatched performance and value for a wide variety of music and movie applications.
10" Long-Excursion Woofer: The JL Audio Dominion series d110 sub houses an 10" long-excursion woofer. The woofer has been purpose-built to reproduce powerful low-frequencies with stunning impact and precision. The 10" driver employs JL Audio's exclusive DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis) technology to produce higher output levels with reduced distortion, as well as improved dynamic tracking and resolution. As a result, the 10" woofer is capable of peak-to-peak excursions well in excess of 2.7" (68mm), without distress or audible distortion.
- DMA Technology: JL Audio's exclusive DMA technology is applied to shape, control, and stabilize the woofer' motor strength, ensuring linear behavior over a very long excursion range. Unlike typical steady-state modeling systems, JL Audio's approach takes into account the dynamic shifts created by current flow and back EMF under real power conditions, with real program material. The payoff offered by DMA optimization is a subwoofer that more faithfully tracks its input signal at all listening levels, leading to superior bass definition and dynamics.
- Floating Cone Attach Method (FCAM): This assembly technique, conceived by JL Audio, ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement (VRC): JL Audio's patented Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC) improves the rigidity and stability of the cone/spider/voice coil junction and directs airflow over the voice coil windings for improved thermal performance. T
- Engineered Lead-Wire System: Carefully engineered lead-wire design and attachments ensure controlled, quiet lead-wire behavior under the most extreme excursion demands.
750W Class D Amplifier: The JL Audio d110 powered subwoofer employs an advanced 750W Class D amplifier in order to extract the most from the long-excursion 10" driver. This design features a tightly regulated switching power supply, allowing the amplifier to generate prodigious amounts of unclipped output voltages. These technologies ensure that the Dominion series powered sub remains in its comfort zone, which is well beyond the point where most small subwoofers run out of power or driver capability.
Sealed MDF Cabinet: To contain the immense pressures created by the powered sub's 10" long-excursion driver, the beautifully crafted cabinet is carefully engineered and constructed using solid, CNC-cut, MDF material with extensive internal bracing and advanced assembly techniques. The cabinet utilizes an acoustic suspension (sealed) design for tight, accurate, natural sound bass.
Controls: The JL Audio d110 powered subwoofer provides a variety of controls to fine-tune the sub to your room application and source content. The controls are found on the rear-panel of the powered sub.
- Volume Level: The "Master Level" Knob is used to set the output level of the powered sub relative to the rest of your audio system. When rotated fully counter clockwise, the sub's output will be fully muted. When at the "0" or straight up position, the level is at reference gain. When turned fully clockwise, the subwoofer's level is at its maximum sensitivity (loudest).
- Crossover: The powered sub's variable low-pass crossover has a Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/octave slope with an adjustable frequency range of 25Hz to 130Hz. The on-board crossover can be defeated for home theater receiver's with an LFE output and its own built-in low-pass crossover.
- Polarity & Phase Control: A polarity switch (0/180°) and phase control (0-280°) are provided to aid in achieving an optimal acoustic transition between the powered subwoofer and your main speakers.
Line-Level & Speaker-Level Inputs: Analog inputs are provided for unbalanced line-level (RCA) signals or high-level (speaker) signals. Using a rear-panel switch, the line level inputs can be configured as grounded or isolated, which is very useful in combating ground-related noise problems. For receivers with a mono subwoofer or "LFE" outputs, only one RCA jack will be used (Left or Right). The speaker-level inputs consist of a removable plug with four set-screw terminals that will fit speaker wire up to 14 AWG.
Optional Wireless Connectivity: Connect JL Audio's JLINK TRX system (136TRX, sold separately) to the powered sub's onboard Wireless Link port and enjoy the freedom to position the Dominion series powered subwoofer almost anywhere in your room, up to 100' away from your receiver or preamp/processor. Using a JLINK TRX will eliminate the need to run physical signal cables from your receiver or preamp/processor's line-level outputs to the line-level inputs of the Dominion series powered sub. Instead, the Dominion powered sub will wirelessly receive audio signals through the JLINK TRX system's receiver plugged into the sub's "Wireless Link port" from the JLINK TRX system's transmitter connected to your receiver's or preamp/processor's LFE/sub output.
Auto Power On: The d110 powered subwoofer will power up its internal amplifier when it detects an audio signal at any of its inputs, and will power down the internal amplifier if no signal has been detected at its inputs for approximately 30 minutes. The LED indicator will be Red when dormant and Green when operational.
Placement: JL Audio recommends that you begin by placing the JL Audio d110 powered subwoofer in the front of the room, on the floor, near the front left or right speaker. Placing the Dominion series powered sub near solid walls will reinforce bass response and pulling it away from solid walls will decrease bass. Increasing the distance between the subwoofer and the walls may help to smooth upper bass response in some rooms. JL Audio also recommends that you avoid placing the powered subwoofer near windows to prevent rattling and sound transmission to the outside world.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked