About the JL Audio JX1000/1
You know you're holding a serious piece of sound equipment when you feel the heft of a JX amp. JL Audio designed these amplifiers with sturdy, high-grade parts that ensure excellent heat management, provide high current flow, and deliver stable performance in almost any situation. You won't find blinking lights or meters on the outside of these amps, but you will find oversized output transistors and rugged MOSFET power supplies inside. The sleek, high-mass aluminum heatsink keeps things cool enough to virtually eliminate thermal shut-downs.
The JX1000/1 mono amp puts out up to 1,000 watts RMS to your sub, so you'll experience thunderous bass in your music. Use the variable low-pass filter and bass boost to tune the amp to your subwoofer system. An optional remote level control lets you turn the sub up or down from the front seat. The amp includes speaker-level inputs, along with preamp inputs and outputs, so it's ready to work in virtually any system.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- Class D amplifier design
- MOSFET switching power supply
- frequency response: 20 Hz - 150 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- optional wired remote level control
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 80-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 80-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 11-5/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-11/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99397
What's in the box:
- Monoblock subwoofer amplifier
- 10" Speaker-level harness
- 4 Mounting screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Owner's Manual
JL Audio JX1000/1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio JX1000/1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
500 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-150 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||---|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Monoblock Amplifier: The JL Audio JX1000/1D monoblock subwoofer amplifier that has been optimized for low-frequency (20-150 Hz) amplification of connected subwoofers.
Note: The JX1000/1D is not designed for driving full-range speakers, midrange drivers, or tweeters.
Class D Amplifier Circuit: The JX1000/1D employs an advanced Class D switching design that allows it to produce 1,000 watts of clean subwoofer power while drawing significantly less current from your electrical system and generating less heat than a conventional Class A/B or Class B design.
MOSFET Switching Power Supply: The JL Audio JX series monoblock amplifier employs a rugged MOSFET power supply for outstanding reliability and operational stability.
|JX1000/1D Amplifier Specifications||Ohms||Watts||Channels||Frequency Response||Signal-to-Noise||THD|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4V||4||500||1||20-200 Hz||75 dB||1%|
|3||750||1||20-200 Hz||75 dB||1%|
|2||1,000||1||20-200 Hz||75 dB||1%|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5V||4||500||1||20-200 Hz||75 dB||1%|
|3||700||1||20-200 Hz||75 dB||1%|
|2||900||1||20-200 Hz||75 dB||1%|
High-Mass Heat Sink: A heavy extruded aluminum heat sink is designed to keep the JL Audio JX series amplifier in a comfortable thermal range during demanding operation. This high-mass, extruded heat sink removes heat from the amplifier circuitry, extending high-power operation. This improves reliability and reduces the frequency of thermally related shut-down event.
Protection Circuitry: The JX1000/1D's protection circuitry automatically shuts the amplifier down if thermal limits are exceeded, a short-circuit is detected in the speaker wiring, or if low supply voltage limits are reached.
Status Indicator Lights: There are two status indicator lights on the right side of the amplifier.
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Protect (Red): The Protection LED lights Red to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated to prevent product failure due to thermal overload, a short-circuit, or a dangerously low impedance connected to the amplifier's outputs.
Input Sensitivity: The Input Sensitivity Control is used to match your source unit's output voltage to the input stage of the amplifier for maximum clean output.
- Low-Level Input Range: 200mV-4V (RMS)
- High-Level Input Range: 2V-10V (RMS)
Low Pass Crossover: The JL Audio JX1000/1D monoblock amplifier is equipped with a 12dB/octave Butterworth low-pass filter with variable frequency selection from 50 to 200Hz.
Bass Boost: The amplifier is equipped with a variable 0 to +12dB, 45Hz Bass Boost.
Remote Level Control: The JX1000/1D is equipped with an RJ-25 connection for an optional wired Remote Level Control (136RBC1, sold separately) that allows volume level adjustment of the amplifier from the front of your vehicle.
Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The monoblock amplifier features set-screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on connections.
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 8 to 4 AWG power wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
- Remote Turn-On: The JL Audio JX series amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 8 AWG wire. The same 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connection.
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 80-amp AFS, AGU, or MAXI fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 80-amps, the original should be replaced with a 80-amp fuse
Speaker Output Terminals: The JL Audio JX1000/1D features four set-screw speaker terminals for an easy parallel subwoofer connection. The monoblock amplifier's four set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
Preamp Inputs: The monoblock amplifier features one set of stereo RCA input jacks. The amplifier features a dedicated Input Sensitivity gain control for these inputs. These controls are designed to match the input sensitivity of the JX1000/1D to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's low-level input can be set between 200mV-4V RMS.
Speaker Level Inputs: The JL Audio JX1000/1D also accepts speaker level signals, including those from factory systems (without the need for a line-output converter), via the supplied 10" speaker-level harness. The amplifier's high-level input can be set between 2V-10V RMS.
Preamp Outputs: The JX1000/1D incorporates a pass-through preamp output sections, so that additional amplifiers can easily be connected to the same signal(s) feeding the monoblock amplifier. These preamp output signals are buffered to prevent noise and are always preamp level, regardless of the level of signals feeding the amplifier's inputs.
The JL Audio JX1000/1 replaces these items
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 1,500 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (700 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- Class D amplifier design
- variable low-pass filter (40-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
16 questions already asked