About the JL Audio JX360/2
You know you're holding a serious piece of sound equipment when you feel the heft of a JX amp. JL Audio designed these amplifiers with sturdy, high-grade parts that ensure excellent heat management, provide high current flow, and deliver stable performance in almost any situation. You won't find blinking lights or meters on the outside of these amps, but you will find oversized output transistors and rugged MOSFET power supplies inside. The sleek, high-mass aluminum heatsink keeps things cool enough to virtually eliminate thermal shut-downs.
The JX360/2 2-channel amp puts out 110 watts RMS per channel to your speaker system, a great match for a high-quality set of component speakers or you can switch over to mono mode to send 360 watts RMS to a sub. You can use the high- and low-pass frequency filters to make your speaker system sound its absolute best. The amp includes speaker-level inputs, along with preamp inputs and outputs, so it's ready to work in virtually any system.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 110 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (180 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 360 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- Class AB amplifier design
- MOSFET switching power supply
- frequency response: 20-20K Hz
- variable high- and low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 14"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99399
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel full-range amplifier
- 10" Speaker-level harness
- 4 Mounting screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Owner's Manual
JL Audio JX360/2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio JX360/2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
110 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||180 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||360 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-30k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||77 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Two-Channel Class A/B Amplifier: The JL Audio JX360/2 is a two-channel, full-range (20-20,000Hz) audio amplifier utilizing Class A/B technology. The JX360/2 can be operated with a wide variety of source units (aftermarket or factory) and system configurations (Mono or 2-channel).
MOSFET Switching Power Supply: The JL Audio JX series two-channel amplifier employs a rugged MOSFET power supply for outstanding reliability and operational stability.
|JX360/2 Amplifier Specifications||Channels||Watts||Ohms||Frequency Response||Signal-to-Noise||THD|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4V||2||110||4||20-20,000 Hz||77 dB||1%|
|2||180||2||20-20,000 Hz||77 dB||1%|
|1 (bridged)||360||4||20-20,000 Hz||77 dB||1%|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5V||2||90||4||20-20,000 Hz||77 dB||1%|
|2||140||2||20-20,000 Hz||77 dB||1%|
|1 (bridged)||280||4||20-20,000 Hz||77 dB||1%|
High-Mass Heat Sink: A heavy extruded aluminum heat sink is designed to keep the JL Audio JX series amplifier in a comfortable thermal range during demanding operation. This high-mass, extruded heat sink removes heat from the amplifier circuitry, extending high-power operation. This improves reliability and reduces the frequency of thermally related shut-down event.
Protection Circuitry: The JX360/2's protection circuitry automatically shuts the amplifier down if thermal limits are exceeded, a short-circuit is detected in the speaker wiring, or if low supply voltage limits are reached.
Status Indicator Lights: There are two status indicator lights on the right side of the amplifier.
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Protect (Red): The Protection LED lights Red to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated to prevent product failure due to thermal overload, a short-circuit, or a dangerously low impedance connected to the amplifier's outputs.
Input Sensitivity: The two-channel amplifier's Input Sensitivity Control is used to match your source unit's output voltage to the input stage of the amplifier for maximum clean output.
- Low-Level Input Range: 200mV-4V (RMS)
- High-Level Input Range: 2V-10V (RMS)
Variable Crossover: The variable filter design employed in the JX series amplifier's crossover section allows you to switch filter modes and change filter frequencies. The JX360/2 offers the following crossover adjustments along the amp's side-panel.
- Filter Mode: The amplifier allows you to select either a Low Pass, High Pass or Full-Range operation.
- Variable Frequency: You can set the amplifier's Low Pass or High Pass crossover from 50 to 200 Hz.
Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The two-channel amplifier features set-screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on connections.
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 4 to 2 AWG power wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
- Remote Turn-On: The JL Audio JX series amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 8 AWG wire. The same 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connection.
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 50-amp AFS, AGU, or MAXI fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50-amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse
Speaker Output Terminals: The JX360/2 amplifier's four set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. The amplifier's speaker terminals can be wired in a stereo or bridged configuration. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
Preamp Inputs: The two-channel amplifier features one set of stereo RCA input jacks. The amplifier features a dedicated Input Sensitivity gain control for these inputs. These controls are designed to match the input sensitivity of the JX360/2 to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's low-level input can be set between 200mV-4V RMS.
Speaker Level Inputs: The JL Audio JX360/2 also accepts speaker level signals, including those from factory systems (without the need for a line-output converter), via the supplied 10" speaker-level harness. The amplifier's high-level input can be set between 2V-10V RMS.
Preamp Outputs: The JX360/2 incorporates a pass-through preamp output sections, so that additional amplifiers can easily be connected to the same signal(s) feeding the two-channel amplifier. These preamp output signals are buffered to prevent noise and are always preamp level, regardless of the level of signals feeding the amplifier's inputs.
The JL Audio JX360/2 replaces these items
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms in mono mode
- variable high- and low-pass filters
- preamp-level inputs
- 360 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- variable high- and low-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- speaker-level inputs
90 watts RMS x 2
- 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- selectable high- and low-pass filters
- selectable bass boost
4 questions already asked