About the JL Audio JX360/4
You know you're holding a serious piece of sound equipment when you feel the heft of a JX amp. JL Audio designed these amplifiers with sturdy, high-grade parts that ensure excellent heat management, provide high current flow, and deliver stable performance in almost any situation. You won't find blinking lights or meters on the outside of these amps, but you will find oversized output transistors and rugged MOSFET power supplies inside. The sleek, high-mass aluminum heatsink keeps things cool enough to virtually eliminate thermal shut-downs.
The JX360/4 4-channel amp delivers 70 watts RMS per channel to your front and rear speakers, and it's a great match for high-quality component speakers. You can also switch over to 2-channel mode, and power a pair of subs with 180 watts RMS each. Use the variable low-pass filter and bass boost to tune the amp to your subwoofer system. The amp includes speaker-level inputs, along with preamp inputs and outputs, so it's ready to work in virtually any system.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 70 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (90 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 180 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- Class AB amplifier design
- MOSFET switching power supply
- frequency response: 20-20K Hz
- variable high- and low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 16"W x 2-3/16"H x 7-11/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99395
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel full-range amplifier
- Two 10" Speaker-level harnesses
- 4 Mounting screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Owner's Manual
JL Audio JX360/4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio JX360/4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
70 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||90 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||180 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-30k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness (2)|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Four-channel Class A/B Amplifier: The JL Audio JX360/4 is a four-channel, full-range (20-20,000Hz) audio amplifier utilizing Class A/B technology. The JX360/4 can be operated with a wide variety of source units (aftermarket or factory) and system configurations (4-channel, 3-channel, 2-channel, or mono).
MOSFET Switching Power Supply: The JL Audio JX series four-channel amplifier employs a rugged MOSFET power supply for outstanding reliability and operational stability.
|JX360/4 Amplifier Specifications||Channels||Watts||Ohms||Frequency Response||Signal-to-Noise||THD|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4V||4||70||4||20-20,000 Hz||80 dB||1%|
|4||90||2||20-20,000 Hz||80 dB||1%|
|2 (bridged)||180||4||20-20,000 Hz||80 dB||1%|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5V||4||55||4||20-20,000 Hz||80 dB||1%|
|4||80||2||20-20,000 Hz||80 dB||1%|
|160||4||20-20,000 Hz||80 dB||1%|
High-Mass Heat Sink: A heavy extruded aluminum heat sink is designed to keep the JL Audio JX series amplifier in a comfortable thermal range during demanding operation. This high-mass, extruded heat sink removes heat from the amplifier circuitry, extending high-power operation. This improves reliability and reduces the frequency of thermally related shut-down event.
Protection Circuitry: The JX360/4's protection circuitry automatically shuts the amplifier down if thermal limits are exceeded, a short-circuit is detected in the speaker wiring, or if low supply voltage limits are reached.
Status Indicator Lights: There are two status indicator lights on the right side of the amplifier.
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Protect (Red): The Protection LED lights Red to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated to prevent product failure due to thermal overload, a short-circuit, or a dangerously low impedance connected to the amplifier's outputs.
Input Sensitivity: The four-channel amplifier's Input Sensitivity Control is used to match your source unit's output voltage to the input stage of the amplifier for maximum clean output. The JX360/4 is equipped with an independent Input Sensitivity Control for the Front (1/2) & Rear (3/4) channels.
- Low-Level Input Range: 200mV-4V (RMS)
- High-Level Input Range: 2V-10V (RMS)
Input Mode: This switch allows operation of all four amplifier channels with only one pair of input signals (2-CH Input Mode) or with independent front and rear input signal pairs (4-CH Input Mode).
Note: You will only need to connect the front RCA inputs when placing the amplifier in 2-CH input mode.
Variable Crossover: The variable filter design employed in the JX360/4's crossover section allows you to switch filter modes and change filter frequencies for the amplifier's Front (1/2) & Rear (3/4) channels. The JX360/4 offers the following crossover adjustments along the amp's side-panel.
- Filter Mode: The amplifier allows you to select either a Low Pass, High Pass or Full-Range operation for the amplifier's Front (1/2) & Rear (3/4) channels.
- Variable Frequency: You can set the amplifier's Low Pass or High Pass crossover from 50 to 200 Hz for the amplifier's Front (1/2) & Rear (3/4) channels.
Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The four-channel amplifier features set-screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on connections.
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 4 to 2 AWG power wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
- Remote Turn-On: The JL Audio JX series amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 8 AWG wire. The same 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connection.
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 50-amp AFS, AGU, or MAXI fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50-amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse
Speaker Output Terminals: The JX360/4 amplifier's eight set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. The amplifier's speaker terminals can be wired in a 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel configuration. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
Preamp Inputs: The four-channel amplifier features two sets of stereo RCA input jacks. The amplifier features a dedicated Input Sensitivity gain control for the Front (1/2) & Rear (3/4) channel inputs. These controls are designed to match the input sensitivity of the JX360/4 to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's low-level input can be set between 200mV-4V RMS.
Speaker Level Inputs: The JL Audio JX360/4 also accepts speaker level signals, including those from factory systems (without the need for a line-output converter), via two 10" speaker-level harnesses (included). The amplifier's high-level input can be set between 2V-10V RMS.
Preamp Outputs: The JX360/4 incorporates a pass-through preamp output sections, so that additional amplifiers can easily be connected to the same signal(s) feeding the four-channel amplifier. These preamp output signals are buffered to prevent noise and are always preamp level, regardless of the level of signals feeding the amplifier's inputs.
The JL Audio JX360/4 replaces these items
- 250 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms bridged
- variable high- and low-pass filters
- preamp-level inputs
- 160 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- speaker-level inputs
- variable high- and low-pass filters
3 questions already asked